Chapter 48

I Aim to Please You...

Ryeowook's POV

I walked into the hotel, a hat hiding my face and dark glasses covering my eyes.  I couldn't risk being recognized by Seohyun, not right now.  I had something important to do.

I hurried up to the receptionist, scanning the lobby quickly for anyone I knew.  Luckily there were only strangers, so I removed my glasses and tucked them away, my hands shaking slightly.

"Um, I-i was wondering about the C-cho wedding" I told the lady, my heart racing with fear and anticipation.

She studied me critically, and I couldn't help but blush.  I shifted on my feet, suddenly feeling very under-dressed and sloppy.  Surprisingly the woman's face broke into a smile and she asked,

"Are you Kim Ryeowook-sshi?"

I blinked blankly, staring at her with shock.

"H-how did you know?" I asked.

She continued to grin,

The groom's brother told me to expect you.  I'm supposed to take you directly to Mr. Cho's room"

I bit my lip uncertainly as she typed something into the computer.

"Okay, Mr. Cho is staying in the master's suite, shall I take you there?"

I shook my head,

"Uh, I think I can get there myself" I told her.

She nodded and reached under the desk.  She pulled out a key card and handed it to me.  The floor and the room numder was printed on the card and I bowed to the woman before hurrying towards the elevators.  I checked the time on my phone and I cursed quietly. 

It was already two-thirty.  I only had an hour and a half now.

The elevator ride was hellishly slow.  It felt like the numbers were moving in slow motion, taunting me as they increased at a snail's pace.  I fidgeted anxiously, the fear of being too late coursing through my veins.

I shot out of the elevator as soon as the doors opened.  The floor was eerily silent and it unnerved me slightly.  I brushed my feelings of uneasiness away, and ran down the hall.  I scanned the doors, breathing a sigh of relief when I finally found the number I was looking for.

Without really thinking, I jabbed the card in the slot and pushed the door open, praying I wasn't too late. 

"Kyuhyun!" I yelled, "Cho Kyuhyun!"

I ran inside, throwing open the bathroom door and looking around for him desperately.  I ran into the the room that housed his bed, but it was empty as well.  I felt my heart sink and my stomach go cold... I was too late.

I sank down onto the bed, staring ahead of me blankly.  Was this really how things were going to end? 

Despair started to sink in, and I slumped down, feeling even emptier than before.  Was I really so useless?

Tick-tock... tick-tock... tick-tock...

I glared at the clock, it was mocking me.  It was rubbing in the fact that I was too late.  I stood, ready to knock the clock off the night stand, when I froze. 

The clock wasn't mocking me, it was encouraging me.  It was reminding me that I could still do this, I still had time.  I ran down the hall, not pausing by the elevators.  I couldn't stand to be stuck in one of those things again.  Instead, I pushed open the heavy door that led to the emergency stairs.

I hurried down the stairs, taking them two at a time in my haste.  I could still fix Kyuhyun, I could still save him from himself.

I couldn't let him curl into himself, not again.  I had already caused him to do that once, and I wasn't about to be the cause of it again. 

My lungs burned, and my muscles screamed in pain, but I refused to stop.  It didn't matter if it hurt, it didn't even matter if I killed myself in the process.  I would not let Kyuhyun do this to himself, I simply couldn't.

I finally stepped off the last stair, but I didn't waste time in catching my breath.  I needed to find the chapel immediately.  I scanned the lobby frantically and my eyes focused on a train of people obviously setting up for a formal event.  I took the chance and followed them, praying they would lead me to my destination.

Luckily, the workers led me straight to the chapel.  I gave a silent thanks, before running off to find Kyuhyun.  I was too distracted to think about where I was or what I was doing, all I could focus on was the thought of Kyuhyun's dead eyes.

I ran harder, pushing myself to the point of collapse.  I needed to find him... he needed to know...

 

Kyuhyun's POV

I sent the people out of the room.  They kept buzzing over me and I couldn't take it anymore.  I leaned back against my chair, not even bothering to check the time.

Who gave a anyway?  It's not like it made a difference to me, either way I was guaranteed a one way ticket to hell.  I stared at the wall blankly, my mind wandering everywhere except to a certain person.  I had blocked all thoughts of him out.

I wondered carelessly where my brother had gone, he hadn't been here since this morning.  I shrugged and didn't give it much thought.  I wouldn't have blamed him for not coming, if I were him, I wouldn't be able to stomach it.

I thought of Seohyun, but my usual disgust didn't come.  I honestly didn't care anymore.  I just wanted to get this over with so everyone would just leave me alone.  I just wanted to be alone.

A loud bang broke me from my meaningless thoughts.  I didn't turn towards the door, I wasn't particularly interested to see who it was.

"K-kyu~"

I stiffened and my head whipped around at the sound of his voice.  I jumped to my feet and stared with uncertain eyes as I took in the sight before me.  Ryeowook was leaning against the door, his face was red and sweat dotted his forehead.  He was panting so hard he couldn't speak and his face was twisted in obvious pain.

"R-ryeowook?" I whispered, not knowing what to do.  My heart rate started to accelerate, but I tried to stay calm.  I didn't even know why he was here, I knew I shouldn't get my hopes up.

"I-i... w-we... t-talk..." he forced out between heavy breaths.

I continued to stare at him blankly, my brain not processing.  He looked up at me, his eyes pleading,

"Please" he panted.

I finally nodded, my heart drumming.  I sat back down on the chair, turning my back to him.  He hesitated slightly before slowly making his way to the sofa that sat facing me.  His face was still flushed and his chest still moved up and down rapidly as he tried to catch his breath.

I looked at him, trying to stay as expressionless as possible.  I didn't want him to see my nerves and I folded my hands on my lap, trying to hide the fact that they were shaking badly.

"K-kyuhyun..." he began.  He bit his lips uncertainly, obviously not knowing what to say.  I could see the indecision written all over his face, but I made no move to help him.  How could I?  I didn't even know why he was here.

He took a deep breath and closed his eyes.

"I-i'm sorry" he whispered.  My eyes widened, and my heart began to beat impossibly faster.  Was he...?  Was he going to take back what he'd done?

I sat frozen, my eyes never straying from his body.  I waited impatiently to hear what he would say.  He stared at his hands as he continued,

"I'm so so sorry Kyuhyun.  I'm sorry for hurting you, and I'm sorry for leaving the way I did two years ago.  But most of all, I'm sorry for l-loving you"

I felt my heart stop momentarily and I finally found my voice,

"W-what?" I stuttered, not believing my ears.

He looked me in the eyes and I could see his were already watery.

"I'm sorry, but I love you"

I was on my feet in an instant and I pulled him into my arms without a second thought.  I crushed him against my chest and buried my face into his hair.  I breathed deeply, trying to fight the emotions that where rising in my chest.  I felt him shake in my arms and I knew he was crying. 

I blinked away my own tears and I hugged him even tighter,

"God, you have no idea how long I've waited to hear that.  I love you, so much... more than you can imagine"

He trembled harder now and I could feel his tears starting to seep through my tux. 

"Why are you crying love?  Don't cry" I whispered into his hair.

I heard him sniffle and gently push me away.  He looked up at me with eyes filled with tears and pain.

"N-no, you don't understand... w-we can't..."

He looked away, obviously trying to stay calm.  His hands balled into fists and he bit his lip so hard I worried he would draw blood.

"Wookie?" I asked, not understanding his response.

"Y-you don't understand, I'm a terrible person.  I've done things, unspeakable t-things... I can't let you be stained by my past.  You need to understand that I'm doing this for you, I love you too much.  That's w-why I can't be with you"

I grabbed his arm, making him look at me.  I searched his eyes despreately,

"I-i don't understand, what are you saying?  Is it because you were an ?  Ryeowook I don't care!  I don't care!  Please, I don't care what you've done, it doesn't matter to me.  Please, I love you... please..."

I gripped his arm, too scared to let him go.  If I released him, he might run again, and I couldn't handle that.  I kept staring into his eyes, silently begging him, begging him to stay.

He smiled bitterly and shook his head,

"You could never forgive me for what I've done... I -i can't even forgive myself"

"Ryeowook, didn't you hear me?!  I don't care what you've done, it doesn't matter.  Please, just don't leave me again, I promise I can forgive it!"

He looked away and a tear slid down his cheek as he whispered,

"Could you forgive me even if I killed someone?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*cue dramatic music*

Next chappie Wook will finally reveal his past!!

(About freakin time, huh? XD)

Anyway, stay tuned!!!!

*punches self for sounding so damn cheesy*

Location: SHINee World

Mood: loopy, 2nd day of school and I'm already sleep deprived @_@

Music: "Not Falling Apart" by Maroon 5 (no kpop?!  *le gasp*... Lol, I didn't even remember I had this song on my ipod!)