Chapter 12

I Aim to Please You...

Kyuhyun's POV

I glared at Seohyun as she walked around my house like she owned the place.  She picked up items, admiring them with obvious satisfaction, thrilled with the idea that they would soon belong to her.  I clenched my fist and snarled,

"Why are you here anyway?"

"I'm not allowed to visit my future husband?  I just missed you" she countered, smiling with false sincerity.

My eyes narrowed, I knew very well that wasn't true.  I stared at her venomously and she skipped to my side, her eyes glinting brightly,

"Well my visit may have had something to do with a little rumor I heard.  I just wanted to see if there was any truth to it" she cocked her head, and a small smirk made it's way to her lips.

"I heard that my old friend Ryeowook was back in town, looks like my sources were correct"

I stiffened and eyed her hatefully. She continued to admire different ornaments in the house, seemingly oblivious to my glare.  The very thought of her getting to Ryeowook made my blood run cold.  My eyes flashed dangerously, and I clenched my fists.

She smiled at me, her face the epitome of sweet innocence, yet her eyes were black and souless.  I had no doubt that she was capable of anything, she had proven once before that she was cold blooded, devoid of any humanity.  The only true emotion she had was towards herself, she cared only for her own well being.

I killed me that I knew the reason why Ryeowook couldn't... or rather wouldn't remember.  It pained me even more to know that it was partially my fault...

 

Ryeowook's POV

I massaged my temples as I again attempted to clear up the fuzzy memories in my head.  It was frustrating because everytime I tried, a sharp pain would scatter my thoughts, returning them to their jumbled, blurry state.

Henry looked down at me, and he seemed to know what I was doing, because he placed his hand on my shoulder both to steady me, and to comfort me.

"Wookie, don't push yourself.  I know you want to remember, but don't hurt yourself over it"

I nodded, and tried to smile, but it was a shaky attempt to say the least.  For some reason, there was a sense of urgency growing inside of me that make me anxious and panicky.  I knew I needed to remember something very important, and the gnawing feeling in my stomach told me I needed to do so quickly.

It was starting to get dark, and Henry led me back to the house.  I jumped in surprise when I felt him smooth out my forehead with his fingertips.  He chuckled and commented,

"If you keep your face scrunched up like that, you're going to get wrinkles"

I giggled slightly, and shoved him playfully.  I appreciated Henry's presence, he seemed to know exactly what I needed to calm me down.  Henry smiled happily and began teasing me, telling me that I would need to use a walker soon.  I pouted and whined, causing him to tease me more.  Finally, we both ended up laughing about the srupidity of our coversation.

It amazed me how Henry knew me so well.  It was almost like he was inside my head.  He seemed to know things about me that I didn't even realize myself.  He was succesful in distracting me, and I grinned as the throbbing in my head abated.  However, the awful nagging feeling refused to go away, and I still felt anxious.

When we walked into the mansion, I was a bit startled to see my parents both waiting by the door, looking worried.  When I walked in, I saw them relax visibly, and my mother enveloped me in a warm hug.  I hugged her back, but when we pulled away, I asked,

"What's wrong?  Is everything okay?"

My mother shot a somewhat panicked look to my father, and he stepped towards me, smiling softly,

"Everything's fine, don't worry" he assured me, his voice dripping with confidence and certainty.

I eyed him suspiciously, not sure whether to believe him or not.  I was about to press the subject when I felt Henry grab my hand and tug me towards the elevator,

"C'mon Wookie, let's get you to bed.  I know you've had a long day, and I'm pretty sure you're tired"

I was about to protest, when I realized just how exhausted I really was.  I nodded, and followed after him, the notion of my nice warm bed very appealing.  I smiled again, and wondered if Henry really could read my mind.

He opened the door to my room, and I flopped down on my bed, not even bothering to change.  Henry laughed and settled me into a more comfortable position, tucking me in sweetly.

"Not fair, I'm the hyung!  Why are you babying me?" I grumbled, already half asleep.

Henry chuckled, and rolled his eyes pinching my cheek.

"You really don't act like a hyung at all" he mused.

I pouted, but didn't protest, too sleepy to really care anymore.  I was vaguely aware of him laughing again, and I heard him stand up and walk to the door, closing it quietly behind him.

I smiled and snuggled down into my bed, hoping that sleep would remedy the confusion in my brain.  I also hoped that I could find solace from the nagging feeling in my dreams.

 

Kyuhyun's POV

I looked up when I heard Henry step out of the elevator and onto my floor.  He approached me silently, a guarded look in his eyes.

'Why is she here?" he questioned quietly.

I stood up and began pacing, my anxietly making it impossible to sit still.

"She heard about Ryeowook coming back" I started.  I saw his stiffen slightly, and I sighed and continued, "She's definately up to something"

He growled, and I saw his eyes harden and darken with the force of his hatred.

"I've already informed the staff to keep her away from him, but knowing her, it will do little to stop her.  We both know what she is capable of, and we can't underestimate her"

I paused and looked him in the eyes, making sure he understood the seriousness of the situation.

"Henry, stay with Ryeowook at all times.  I don't care what you need to tell him, but don't let him out of your sight.  I can't risk having him vulnerable.  Seohyun is staying in the area, so I'll keep her away.  However, there;s only so much I can do, so I need you to protect him"

He scoffed and glared at me slightly.  I knew he didn't like this situation, it scared him that Seohyun had her eye on Ryeowook, and knowing her capabilities only increased his fear.  I could also see that he was angry at me for letting something like this happen, I sighed, knowing full well that I was to be blamed for most of this.

"Kyuhyun, you know I would go to my grave protecting Ryeowook" he hissed, his eyes narrowing.

"Henry, I know you're mad at me, and honestly, I deserve it.  I know I should have stayed away, but I was too weak.  Now Ryeowook is in danger"

"If you love him so much, how can you risk it!" Henry accused, his eyes flashing.  "You love him, but obviously not enough to protect him!  If you really loved him, you would do whatever it took to make sure he was safe, even if it hurt you!"

I hung my head, knowing that he spoke the truth.  Tears pricked my eyes, and I blinked them back, not wanting to cry anymore.  Henry looked at me, and I saw his eyes soften,

"Hyung, I know it's hard... and I'm sure no one can even begin to imagine the pain you are going through.  It's not fair that you have to endure this, and it's not fair that you have to face this kind of situation.  I'm sorry..."

I laughed bitterly, as my eyesight blurred.  I sincerely wished that no one would ever understand how much I was hurting.  The only way to really understand would be to experience it, and I wouldn't wish this hell on anyone.

 

Ryeowook's POV

I gasped, and bolted upright as the same nightmare jolted me awake for the sixth time that night.  My heart was pounding violently and I worried that it would beat right out my chest.  I took deep breaths, watching as my hands slowly stopped shaking.

I looked at the clock and sighed, it was three in the morning.  I was tired beyond belief, and I wanted nothing more than to just curl up and sleep, but the fear of the bad dream prevented me from doing so.  Everytime I closed my eyes, the same dream assaulted me.

The picture was fuzzy, but I could make out the general understanding.  I was walking, it was dark, but I didn't feel any anxiety and there was no fear.  The only thing that was clear enough for me to define was the small playground.  It lay to my left and it consisted only of a slide, a small swing set, and monkey bars.

In the dream, I walked past the playground, and away from the light, heading into what I believed was a forest.  There was still no fear, and I walked with assured confidence.  I stopped in a clearing, and waited in excited anticiaption.  A figure emerged from the trees and I stepped towards it. 

However, as the figure drew nearer, I immediatly shrunk back.  Creating distance between us.  I turned to run, panic seeping into my chest, and desperation coloring my movements.  My heart rate spiked as I ran, and cold dread made it's way into my stomach when hands grabbed me, holding me tightly.  I struggled and opened my mouth to scream, but my voice refused to cooperate, leaving me silent.

Then, I was falling.  Colors swirling before my eyes as I felt gravity pull me down.  Terror struck my heart and I finally called out, my voice coming out as a strangled whimper.  There was a split second of a horrifying crunching sound that made me flinch, and my stomach lurch.  Then there was black... nothing but blackness...

I shuddered as the nightmare replayed through my head.  I had hoped sleep would bring clarity and understanding, but it turned out I was sadly mistaken as my sleep left me more jumbled and confused then ever.  New thoughts and blurry images assaulted my brain, and now I couldn't dechipher anything.

However, there was one thing I was certain about...

The feeling of having forgotten something important only grew stronger and stronger with every passing minute...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have no idea where this is going... :(

But on a hppy note, I saw "I Am" today, and I swear it is my new favorite movie!

God, I screamed at the theater, and I cried like a baby!  I can't wait for it to come out on dvd!  There's this part at the end where Wookie get's an interview and...  Well, I won't ruin it for those of you who haven't seen it, but OMG!  I sobbed so hard!

Anyway, this is blah, and I hate not knwoing what I'm doing, so sorry for this...

Anyway, as always, thx for reading, I lurve you guys! ^^

Comments = ~<3

Location: Minwook's paradise... yup!  The stuffed animal display at Toys R Us!!!   Jk!

Mood: euphoric, "I Am" was drugs to my fangirl heart ~kya!

Music: "Gulliver" by Super Junior (Wookie's voice... *insert eargasm here*)