Chapter 41

I Aim to Please You...

Kyuhyun's POV

 

"Are you sure this is a good Idea?" I whispered doubtfully.

Henry shushed me and kept his eyes trained on our target.  He drove carefully, making sure not to follow the black stretch limo too closely.  I fidgeted anxiously, biting my lips as I felt the adrenaline rush through me.  After two year, two long years I would finally find out where Ryeowook had been hiding.

 

*Flashback to the Party*

As soon as I saw Ryeowook run away, I was about to chase after him, ignoring everything except for his eyes.  I made move to follow him, but someone held me back.  I turned and saw my brother, his hand on my shoulder was firm and unrelenting.

"Henry!" I growled as I watched helplessly as the person I loved grew disappeared around the corner.

Henry smiled and bowed to our guests before quickly pulling me to the side.  As soon as we were in a secluded corner I shook his hand off, glaring at him angrily.

"That was Ryeowook Henry!  Don't tell me that it's not!  I saw his eyes!"

Henry grabbed my arm, his eyes telling me to calm down.

"I know, I saw him too" he whispered, looking slightly dazed.

My eyes softened as I remembered that Ryeowook meant just as much to my brother as he meant to me.

"Then why didn't you let me go after him?" I asked.

Henry shook his head,

"Didn't you see how scared he was when he saw you?  He obviously wants to avoid us, and I know he has a reason.  We can't just grab him and force him to come back with us, we don't know anything about his situation.  He could be in trouble, I mean I can't think of any other reason why he would be impersonating a girl"

I nodded slowly, understanding my brother's concerns.  He was right, I couldn't act rashly.

"Well what are we supposed to do?" I asked anxiously, my eyes still trained on the space where I last saw Ryeowook.

"Go after him" he answered.

I looked at Henry in confusion.  He was the one who had stopped me from doing just that.

"Go after him, but pretend like you don't recognize him.  Make him believe that you don't know who he really is"

I still didn't understand why and it must have been obvious because Henry sighed and rolled his eyes,

"If you pretend like you don't know him, he won't run.  He won't try to escape and then we can follow him and see where he goes.  Can you handle that?"

He looked worried and to be honest, I wondered if I would be able to control myself.  I took a deep breath and nodded, if it meant getting Ryeowook back, I could do it.  Besides, after two years of continuous searching I could wait just a little bit more.

Henry smiled and me and released my arm.  He nudged me in the direction that Ryeowook had run and I hurried down the hall, trying to suppress all the emotions in my heart.

*End Flashback*

"Where are we?" I asked, looking at the buildings around us.

Henry looked at the GPS and answered,

"Apparently we are in the red light district of Hong Kong"

We exchanged worried glances and I silently prayed that Wookie had nothing to do with this area.  I breathed a sigh of relief when the limo stopped in front of a classy, safe looking building.  The building looked legitimate and I thanked the heavens that the limo hadn't stopped in front of one of the seedy looking buildings we had passed.

We turned off our headlights and parked, still watching the limo.  I stiffened slightly when I saw Siwon step out of the limo and hurry to open the door for Ryeowook.  I felt jealousy rush through my body as Ryeowook took the tall man's hand and smiled up at him.

"Calm down" Henry hissed, snapping me back into focus. 

I nodded and tried to ignore how Ryeowook leaned on him as the pair walked into the building.  About half an hour later Siwon returned and walked back to the limo.  I silently released the breath I was holding, thankful that Siwon hadn't stayed longer.  I don't think I would have been able to control myself knowing that Ryeowook was with him for that long.

We waited until the limo had driven away before getting out of the car and walking up to the entrance of the building.  Henry quickly snapped a picture of the address before we walked into the lobby.

We blinked in surprise as we found the lobby was lit with pale blue lights.  A mahogany desk stood at one end of the room while a thick, red curtain hid what I could only assume was a hallway. 

There was a well dressed man sitting behind the desk and he smiled invitingly.

"Hello" he greeted in Chinese, "Do you have an appointment?"

"Appointment?" Henry asked, doing the talking because my Chinese still wasn't that great.  Luckily, I knew enough to follow the conversation.

"Yes, do you have an appointment with one of our boys?"

Henry and I exchanged horrified looks and my brother stuttered,

"E-excuse m-me sir, w-what is t-this place"

The man chuckled and spread his arms,

"Why this is Hangeng's Playhouse, did you really not know?  We're one of the only high class businesses that specialize in offering male escorts"

He paused and studied us, obviously looking at our expensive suits.

"Don't worry, we are very discreet, do you have anything you would like to request?  We have a variety of services ranging from private s to threesomes"

I paled and felt the bile rising in my throat.  This was the kind of place Ryeowook was staying at?!  Didn't this mean he was a e?

The room began to spin and I stumbled towards the door.  I heard Henry apologizing to the person behind the desk before he came after me. 

"H-hangeng's Playhouse" I whispered, swallowing thickly.

Henry leaned against the car, and closed his eyes.  He rubbed his temples and I knew he was just as confused and horrified as I was. 

"There has to be another explanation, Ryeowook wouldn't go there for no reason" I tried to reason.

I waited for Henry to agree with me, but he stayed silent.

"Right, Henry?" I prodded.

He sighed and looked down at his feet.

"Kyuhyun, it's been two years" he started quietly, "Ryeowook... he might not be the Ryeowook we used to know"

I stared at him, not understanding where he was going with this.

"Kyuhyun, I know you still love him and see him as the innocent child you fell in love with so long ago.  But he's not that kid anymore.  Even when you two dated, you only saw him as perfect.  He's not perfect Kyu"

"Why are you talking about him!?" I raged, my eyes narrowing dangerously.

Henry shook his head,

"I'm not, I'm just telling you the truth.  No one is perfect and it's not fair to put that kind of pressure on him.  I know you want to believe he hasn't changed, but that's unrealistic.  People change Kyuhyun"

"Shut up!" I snarled, not wanting to hear him anymore.

Henry smiled sadly and shook his head,

"You can decide what you want to believe, no one's going to stop you.  But have you ever thought why Ryeowook left?  Maybe he didn't leave because someone forced him too, maybe he left on his own-"

"I said shut up!" I yelled, this time I was angry.

Henry nodded and didn't say anything else.  He swiped at his eyes then silently got into the car.  I clenched my hands into fists and punched the wall.  I didn't even flinch as pain shot through my arm.  I breathed heavily and squeezed my eyes closed.  Henry's words kept floating around my head like a curse,

"Have you ever thought why Ryeowook left?" 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Another chappie done!  I'm trying to finishs this before winter break is over...

Anyway, thanks for reading! ^^

Location: couch, trying to figure out a Korean Drama with no English subs... yeah, fail status >.>

Mood: confuzzled

Music: "Here I Stand" by TVXQ! (Changmin!!!!  *is dead*)