Chapter 27

I Aim to Please You...

Ryeowook's POV

I pulled away from Kyuhyun's neck, looking at him with wide eyes.  He looked just as shocked as me, and he spoke shakily into his phone.

"W-what?"

I held my breath, waiting to hear what Seohyun would say.  My heart stopped when she giggled and replied,

"Oh it's perfect!  I can't wait for you to see it!  As soon as you get back from Japan we'll have to book a trip.  Thank God you already have your passport"

Kyuhyun's eyes flashed with concern, and he continued to my back.  His eyes never strayed from mine as he questioned,

"What are you talking about?"

I winced at the sound of her phony giggle, and Kyuhyun grimaced in obvious disgust. 

"Your mother got back from Taiwan earlier than expected, she met with my father and they agreed to move up the wedding.  She took me to look at some locations for the ceremony, we found the perfect place.  Guess where we are right now!"

I grabbed Kyuhyun's hand, not knowing how to react.  He squeezed my hand, trying to reassure me. 

"Just tell me where you are" he hissed sounding annoyed.

Seohyun seemed unaffected by his change in tone and she simply continued in her sickeningly sweet voice.

"Were in Hawaii!" she chirped.

Both of us froze and I pulled away from Kyuhyun's chest so I could look him in the eyes.  My panic was reflected in his shocked expression, and we both jumped up.  Kyuhyun started pacing agitatedly, running his fingers through his hair in distress.  I stayed cemented in place, watching him quietly.

"What!?" Kyuhyun barked into the phone loudly.

"Yeah, we're gonna stay for a few days then head back.  Your mom said something about meeting some people to talk business.  She mentioned something about having friends in the Chinese embassy"

Something in her tone meade the hairs on my arms rise.  Kyuhyun shot me a horrified look and I groaned softly.  She knew... Seohyun knew...

After that, my head went blank.  I didn't know what Kyuhyun said to her, all I knew was that he hung up almost immediatley.  He looked at me silently for a few moments before hugging me protectively.  I let him hold me, trying to steady myself. 

He stepped back and looked at me seriously.  He grabbed my trembling hand and I looked up at him, worry clouding my face,

"W-what are we going to do?" I whispered, my voice shaking with fear.

Kyuhyun's eyes grew determined and he reassured me,

"Don't worry, nothing will happen to you.  I won't ever let that touch you again"

"I second that"

We both looked up to see Henry standing in the doorway.  He laughed and walked over.

"Oh don't look so surprised, I know everything"

He reached over and smoothed out my forehead before wrapping his arms around me.

"It's okay" he soothed, sounding confident, "We got you"

"Okay, okay enough with the touchy-feely!" Kyuhyun growled and I smiled slightly.

Even in the midst of a mini-crisis, it was comforting to know that Kyuhyun was still the same.  Henry released me only to turn and glare at Kyuhyun sternly.

"Enough, Kyu just tell him already.  There's been enough secrets already, just tell him and get it over with.  Now that Seohyun knows, we need to act"

I looked at Henry, then at Kyuhyun, not really understanding the conversation.  I frowned slightly at the mention of Kyuhyun keeping something from me, not liking the feeling of ignorance.  Kyuhyun sighed but nodded in agreement, apparently he was agreeing with Henry.

He looked at me apologetically before starting,

"There is one thing I still haven't told you yet..."

I waited patiently, trying not to get nervous.  In my experience, a conversation that started this way, wasn't usually a good one.  Kyuhyun eyed me carefully, obviously trying to gauge my reaction.  I nodded weakly, encouraging him to continue.

He started up again, looking more uncomfortable than before,

"Well, the one thing that binds me into the marriage is a contract between Seohyun's father and my father.  Consequently, they are the only two who are allowed to break the agreement, and the decision must be mutual on behalf of both parties"

He paused again, checking to see if I was understanding.  So far everything made sense, but I still didn't understand what any of this had to do with me.  As if reading my thoughts. Kyuhyun continued,

"However, if we can get my mother to agree to break the contract, then the whole thing will fall apart.  My mother holds the real power in all business transactions.  If she calls it off, then it's done, no questions asked.  All we need to do is convince her that I am unfit to marry Seohyun"

He finished up, but I still didn't really see what the big deal was.

"Just tell her you don't want to marry her" I suggested, stating the obvious.

Kyuhyun snorted and scoffed,

"Wookie, if it was that easy I would have done it ages ago.  That's not going to work, my mother doesn't give a rat's about how I feel towards Seohyun.  All that matters to her is the logistics, all that matters is establishing a good business relationship with Seohyun's family"

I looked at him blankly, my forehead furrowed in extreme confusion,

"Well how exactly are we supposed to convince her then?" I questioned, feeling more lost than ever.

Kyuhyun took a deep breath, and shot a sidelong glance at Henry. The latter nodded encouragingly, and Kyuhyun took a moment to build up his courage,

"W-we have to tell her a-about u-us... I-i need to t-tell her I-i'm g-gay..."

 

Kyuhyun's POV

I shifted uncomfortably where I stood.  The very idea of telling my mother making my stomach go cold with dread.  My mother had never been around long enough to figure out my feeloings for Ryeowook.  As far as she was concerned, I was her perfect eldest son, the pride of the Cho family and the company's next heir.

In her mind, I would marry Seohyun, and use that relationship to strengthen our overseas markets.  There was no room in her plan for change or second thoughts.  It would be hard, almost impossible to get my mother to break the agreement, but it was our only hope.

I knew that Seohyun had her father whipped, and he always gave into her.  As long as she was determined to have me, he would never agree to a breach of contract.  Getting my mother to agree, was our only possible option.

If I told her I was gay, then I knew she would have to terminate the agreement.  My mother was not dumb, she would  know that my uality would most likely hurt, rather than help business if the contract was upheld.  She would foresee how a bad marriage would hurt our corporation.

I knew that in the back of her mind, my mother assumed that I would simply grow to love Seohyun.  However, if she knew I was gay, then the chance of mutual love, or even affection would be impossible.  Seohyun would end up whining to her father, putting a strain on financial ties between our companies.

The hard part in all this would be convincing my mother.  She wouldn't believe unless she was presented with concrete evidence.  This was where Ryeowook would have to come in.  I hated the thought of him having to face my mother, knowing full well he would not be warmly recieved.

I knew he would do it, just to spare me from a loveless marriage, but I didn't want him to do it out of kindness.  I knew it was selfish, but I wanted him to truly love me.  When I introduced him to my mother as my lover, I wanted him to actually be my lover.

It was unfair of me to dump all of this on him at once, but with the current circumstances, there were no other options.  I hated to pressure him, especially when we had just gotten together, but again, there were no choice.

I studied Ryeowook, watching as he bit his lip anxiously.  I dreaded what I was about to tell him, honestly, it terrified me.  I hated the feeling of being so vulnerable, my future happiness resting in his hands.  However, at the same time, I needed to know.  I had been waiting for the majority of my life, just waiting for him to walk back into my life.  I had loved him for so long, that to me, it didn't feel so sudden.

I stepped closer to Ryeowook, taking his small hands in mine.  I looked at him seriously and spoke.

"Wookie, you are the only one that can break the contract... I need your help"

He nodded, just as I knew he would.  He gave that sweet smile, the one that melted my heart and made me fall for him. 

"Ryeowook... do you love me?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, I know I for not updateing.  School and between tennis and ROP I'm ready to flip a b****

At least I'm finally getting back into some drama... I'll try to update tomorow, but no promises.

Thank you guys so much for being so patient and understanding!  I luv u guys! ^^

Comments = ~<3

Location: In Greece on Kyuwook's honeymoon!!!!... With Eynhyuk... *cough -block cough*

Mood: sleepy, hating school... the usual

Music: "Beautiful Night" by Beast (not as good as "Fiction" but it's alright)