Chapter 24

I Aim to Please You...

Ryeowook's POV

We held hands as we walked back to the beachside mansion.  Although I had done this before without really noticing, now, it seemed like I was hyper aware of Kyuhyun's presence.  Now as his hand wrapped around mine securely, I couldn't help but feel the heat rise in my cheeks.  Now that Kyuhyun was more than just a friend, I was feeling a little bit shy in his presence.

He glanced down at me, and I turned away, embarrassed to have been caught staring at him.  I swore I heard him chuckle, but I couldn't really be sure. 

Soon enough, the lights of the house came into view, and I was slightly relieved to be back.  As soon as we stepped into the glow of the outdoor lamps, Henry came rushing towards us.  I let out a small squeak as he glomped onto me, hugging me tightly. 

I peered over my friend's shoulder and stifled a giggle when I saw a very unhappy looking Kyuhyun sending murderous glares at his younger brother. 

"Oh chill Kyu, I'm not about to steal him from you!  You guys were just gone for a really long time and I was worried" Henry snorted, rolling his eyes in response.

Henry pulled back and studied me carefully, a small, mischevious smile appearing on his face.

"Soooo~, what exactly kept you guys busy for so long?" he winked at Kyuhyun and I felt my face heat up at his innotation.

Kyuhyun on the other hand simply retorted,

"Oh you know.  Nothing really big, we just made out and had on the beach"

Henry's normally tiny eyes, widened dramatically as he looked between me and kyuhyun in an alarmed fashion.  I was completely mortified, and I whacked Kyuhyun on the arm.

"Relax Henli," I assured my best friend, "Nothing like that happened, we were just talking"

Henry's eyes lit up once again and he smiled broadly,

"I knew it!!!  You guys are finally together!!!"

I laughed at his excitment and nodded, my hand shyly worming it's way into Kyuhyun's larger, warmer one.  Even though I thought the action was pretty discreet, Hnery obviously saw because his grin grew impossibly bigger, making his eyes all but disappear above his puffy cheeks.

"I have to call Sungmin-hyung!" he announced, clapping his hands.

He whipped out his phone, and snapped a picture of us before I had the chance to stop him.

"Better yet, I'll just send him this pic as evidence!" he announced proudly.

He dashed off back inside the house before I even had the chance to protest.  A quick glance at Kyuhyun told me he was rather unaffected by Henry's reaction. 

"I knew Sungmin and Henry were up to something" he muttered, mindlessly the top of my hand with his thumb.

I looked up at him curiously, and he explained,

"Henry set up the dinner reservations, but I know Sungmin was the one who organized everything.  I swear, he just loves playing matchmaker"

I giggled, Minnie definately seemed to be the type who would meddle.  I nudged Kyuhyun playfully as he led me into the brightly lit house.

"Oh, so you didn't plan this yourself?  How disappointing, I thought you were the romantic type"

I said it teasingly, but Kyuhyun still frowned and defended,

"Hey!  I'm very romantic!"

I hid a smile and shot back sarcastically,

"Uh-huh, I'm sure your games teach you allll about romance!"

By this time, we were in the glass elevator that led up to the higher floors.  With a swift motion, Kyuhyun hit the panic button, effectively bringing the elevator to a halt.  I looked up at him, shocked by his sudden and strange action.  His eyes met mine, and suddenly he stepped closer to me.

I automatically stepped back, but the cool glass of the elevator pressed against me and I had nowhere to go.  His body was inches from mine, and I could feel the heat emanating off him in waves.

He placed his hands on either side of me, towering over me with his larger, more powerful frame.  He looked at me, a small smirk on his face before leaning in and claiming my lips.  He kissed slowly, almost teasing me.  His lips moved against mine expertly and I parted my lips for him with hardly any proding on his part.

I gasped as he gently nibbled and my bottom lip, taking it gently between his teeth.  I followed his lead, not even bothering to battle his tongue.  Instead I simply reacted to his actions, breathing in his passion.

All too soon, he pulled away, his lips as he did so.  I was left completely breathless, my knees weak and my hands shaking.  Kyuhyun looked completely calm as he straightened his shirt and punched the button to get the elevator moving again.

I stared at him, completely dumbfounded and confused.  He smiled mischeviously and winked at me,

"Romantic enough for you?"

I blushed and stuck my tongue out at him defiantly.

"Psh, romantic my !  If you asked me, being jumped in an elevator isn't exactly the sweetest thing"

"Oh please!  You didn't exactly beg me to stop" he shot back.

My blush deepened,  but I stubbornly maintained my argument.

"Just because I let you kiss me, doesn't mean it was romantic!"

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and huffed playfully,

"Whatever, I thought I did pretty good"

I ignored him, but I had to admit, he had a point.  Sure it wasn't exactly Titanic status, but it was still kind of nice.  I appreciated his efforts.  Even though I did secretly enjoy it, I wasn't about to let him have the satisfaction of knowing it.  I snuck a glance at him, and shook my head as I saw him looking very pleased with himself.

I still refused to aknowledge his actions, but I was still curious about one thing.

"How'd you learn to kiss like that anyway?" I muttered under my breath, half hoping he hadn't heard me.

I peeked at him and saw he trying to hide an amused smile.  He met my eyes and whispered cheekily,

"Well from my games of course!"

 

Kyuhyun's POV

I hid a smile as Ryeowook glared at me, pouting slightly.  He mumbled something under his breath about stupid boyfriends and turned away from me defiantly.

The elevator rang, indicating that we had reached our floor.  Ryeowook stomped out, still annoyed by my snarky answer.  As he passed by me, I grabbed his hand and walked out, pulling him behind me.  He sighed loudly and whined,

"What do you think you're doing?"

Again, I held back a laugh at his sulky tone and sent him an angellic look.

"I'm just walking you back to your room" I replied innocently, giving him my sweetest smile.

I could see his lips twitch and I knew he was stubbornly trying to maintain his irritation at me.  He allowed me to lead him down the hall without further protest.  When we reached his room, he tried to pull away and open the door, but I held his hand tight, refusing to let him go.

"Kyu?" he asked sounding both confused and a little annoyed.

I ignored him and tugged him down the hall until we reached the door to my room.  I pushed open the door, but Ryeowook hesitated, holding me back.  I looked down at him  curiously and saw him staring at his feet, biting his lip anxiously.  I was immediately concerned with his change of attitude, and asked,

"What's wrong?"

He looked up, but refused to meet my eyes, he stuttered nervously,

"Um, K-kyu... I-i don't t-think I'm ready for s-something like t-this..."

I was momentarily confused, but burst out laughing when I realized what he was thinking.  At the sound of my boisterous laughter, Ryeowook actually looked at me, obviously unsure how to react.  I hugged him, still shaking with laughter as I snorted,

"What in the world is going on in that head of yours!?  I was just thinking we could watch a movie..."

I paused and looked at him, grinning mischeviously,

"But, if you had other plans...."

"Shut up!" he wailed, turning bright red as he realized his mistake.

I chuckled some more and pulled him into my room, still teasing him lightly,

"Who would have thought that little Ryeowook had such thoughts.  Omo!  Thinking of all the fun things we could do in my bedroom!"

Ryeowook's violent blush only grew darker and he punched my chest weakly in an effort to get me to stop.  Seeing as he was genuinely embarrassed, I decided to lay off him and stop my teasing.  I led him to the large collection of DVDs, and nudged him towards it.

I stood behind him and hugged him, resting my chin in the top of his head.  I smiled as my breath ruffled his sweet smelling hair as I spoke,

"You choose" I suggested, sort of as a peace offering.

He was still a bit flustered, and his cheeks were still pink, but he seemed to appreciate my lack of teasing.  He skimmed through the hundreds of movies, and I rolled my eyes as he proceeded to pick the mushiest chick flick in the whole collection.

I didn't complain as I popped the DVD in to the player, the cheesy opening music pouring put of the speakers.  Ryeowook had already made himself comfortable in the bed, curling up under the covers adorably.  I joined him, grinning stupidly as he snuggled into my arms, resting his head on my chest.

His eyes were trained on the tv, and they lit up when the opening credits rolled onto the screen.  I ignored the movie, choosing instead to watch Ryeowook.  He was extremely focused and it was cute to see how he got so caught up in the drama.

About halfway through, his eyes grew shiny, and I could see he was battling to keep his eyes open.  Within a few minutes, his breathing evened out and his head grew heavier on my chest.  I looked at him adoringly, amazed by his sheer perfection.

I gently his hair, a warm feeling spreading through my chest as he smiled in his sleep.  A faint sound from the doorway drew my attention and I tore my eys away from the sleeping boy.

I wasn't surprised to see Henry leaning against the doorsill, a gentle smile on his face as he watched Ryeowook sleep.

"He's finally getting some real sleep, he hasn't in a while"

I nodded, knowing that the whole Seohyun thing had been stressing him out.  Henry looked away from Ryeowook, and turned his attention to me, his eyes growing serious.

"I won't forgive you if he gets hurt again"

"I won't forgive myself if I let him get hurt" I answered, my arms tightening around the smaller man slightly.

Henry nodded, and his face softened as he watched Ryeowook's chest rising and falling rythmically.  A certain glow emanated from my brother's eyes, and I finally asked the question that had bothered me for as long as I could remember.

"Do you love him?"

Henry didn't flinch at the question, and he didn't take his eyes off of Ryeowook's sleeping figure as he answered,

"He's special to me.  There were times when I thought I loved him romantically, but that's not quite it.  I may not love him the same as you, but I love him just as much"

He paused, looking into my eyes intently,

"He's my best friend, and I want him to be happy... I want him to be safe"

I understood what he was saying, and I knew Ryeowook was the most precious person in both of our lives.  I returned my brother's solemn stare and I stated firmly,

"It took me this long to get him back, if someone wanted to hurt him, they'd have to kill me first.  The only way he can be taken from me is if they pull his from my cold, dead hands"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aw, freaking AFF deleated this chappie twice when I tried to update it   *is not pleased*

Sorry I haven't been updating, I'm such a troll!  *bows in apology*

 

Location: decomposing on the sofa

Mood: so sleepy... me thinks it's naptime... zzzzzzz

Music: "Android" by TVXQ (OMG!  My feels!!!  This is the best song I've heard by them since "Mirotic" *I know that's from when they were all still together, but it was always my fave*  "Android" blows "Mirotic" out of the water!!!!"