Chapter 10

I Aim to Please You...

Ryeowook's POV

I spun around at the sound of the startled voice and saw Sungmin standing there, his eyes wide and his hands covering his mouth.  His eyes darted between us before settling on me, and searching my eyes for an explanation.  I giggled and went over to hug my hyung,

"I'm just joking around Minnie, Kyu saved my life by saying he was my boyfriend" 

Sungmin hugged me back, relief obvious on his face,

"Oh, so that's it.  Good!  I would have been so mad if you got a boyfriend and didn't tell me... I probably would have cried!" he exclaimed dramatically.

I giggled at my hyung's ridiculous act, as he went on and on wailing about how no one ever told him anything and how he was always the last to know things.  Yesung walked into the room and quickly assesed the situation.  He met my eyes and rolled his, and mouthed "sorry", before coming over and gathering Minnie in his arms.

"C'mon Min, you're being silly and making a scene"

"But Sungie!" he whined, glomping on to his boyfriend automatically.

I giggled as Yesung walked away, dragging his still complaining boyfriend with him.  I turned to look at Kyu and saw a small smile on his face, his eyebrows quirked in amusement.  I was about to say something to him when Henry came bounding down th stairs.

"Yay!  You're back!" he cheered, grabbing my hand and squeezing it excitedly.

"Hey Heni!" I lifted his chin so I could get a better look at his haircut, "I like it, very cute!" I chirped when I saw his reddish-brown hair styled with small spikes in the front. 

He grinned widely and replied somewhat shyly,

"You really like it?" I nodded and shot him a thumbs up to show I approved. 

He jumped up and down happily, then grabbed my hand again and started dragging me.  Without thinking, I grabbed Kyu's hand, towing him along with us.  He didn't really hold my hand, and I looked up at him to see an unreadable expression on his face.  I wasn't sure what he was thinking, but I didn't like the way he hesitated.

I squeezed his hand lightly, assuring him that he was wanted.  He smiled uncertainly, but squeezed back, so I was satisfied. 

"So we need to work on our lesson plans for the kids, right?" Henli chirped, swinging our hands between us.  I nodded enthusiastically, and turned to Kyuhyun,

"You want to help us?"

He bit his lip, and looked at Henry.  They didn't speak a word to each other, but they were having a silent argument with their eyes.  Finally, Kyuhyun smirked and directed his eyes towards me,

"Of course, I would love to help!"

I heard Henry grumble under his breath, but I ignored it.  There was always tension between the two brothers and it bothered me immensely.  I thought that if I could get them to spend time together, they would act more like brothers instead of distant relatives.

I pulled the two into the elevator and hit the button for Henry's floor.  The ride up was a bit awkward, both brothers refused to make eye contact, and I felt a bit suffocated.  Neither one of them would let go of my hands, so I was literally caught in between the two. 

I breathed a sigh of relief when the elevator stopped and we got out.  I finally got out of both their grips, and I headed towards the kitchen.  I turned and yelled over my shoulder,

"You two head to the music room, I'll make some snacks and meet you there in a sec"

I quickly rushed away so they wouldn't have a chance to protest.  I hoped leaving them alone would be a good plan.  I quickly popped some popcorn and whipped up a batch of cocoa.  I put everything on a tray and walked over to the music room.  I pressed my ear against the door, and bit my lip nervously when I heard absolute silence (remember the music room is sound proofed).

I quickly pushed the door open a crack, and gasped softly when I heard the two screaming at each other.  They didn't hear me, so they continued to yell.

"What the hell Kyuhyun!?  I thought you were going to stay away!"

"That's none of your ing business!"

"The hell it's not!  If he gets hurt, I will kill you!  You're willing to risk his safety for your own selfishness!?"

"Don't act like you know anything about my life!  You have no idea what I've been through, so you have no right to judge me!"

I heard Henry scoff, and then I heard the loud sound of crashing.  I immediatley threw open the door, stopping the two in their tracks.  My eyes widened as I took in the scene.  Instruments were strewn all over the ground, the wires were tangled and knotted, and sheet music was scattered all around.  In the middle of the mess stood Henry and Kyuhyun, both staring at me in alarm.

Henry's nose was bleeding, and a large bruise was forming on Kyuhyun's cheek.  I put the tray down, and the clatter echoed in the now silent room.  I took a deep breath and tried not to panic.  I grabbed Henry's arm and dragged him to the bathroom,

"Wash your face" I commanded before returning to the trashed music room.  I ignored the mess and grabbed Kyuhyun's arm, leading him towards the kitchen.  I silently prepared an ice pack, and pressed it against the angry looking bruise.  He winced slightly, but he still refused to make any eye contact.

I sighed and looked up when Henry walked into the room.  I checked his nose, then prepared an ice pack for him as well.  When both of them were sitting, iceing their injuries I crossed my arms and waited for them to explain.

Neither of them spoke, and I tapped my foot impatiently.  When I was finally about to straight out ask what was going on, my cell phone rang urgently, I looked down and saw that it was Sungmin.  I scrunched my forehead in surprise.  Almost simultaneously, Kyuhyun and Henry's phones went off.

They looked as confused as I was, and I quickly answered my phone.  Sungmin didn't even give me a chance to say hello before he started yelling,

"Wookie!  Where are you!?  Are you with the young masters!?"

"Um, yeah, what's going on?"

"No time to explain, just get them and get out of the house!"

"Wait!  Minnie~"

He cut me off, his voice growing more panicked and urgent,

"Wookie, this isn't a joke, just please, you need to get out!"

I stared down at my phone as he hung up on me.  I looked up at the brothers and saw them hang up their phones.  They were both pale, and I wondered briefly what was going on.  I didn't have a chance to speak because Kyu grabbed my hand and started pulling me.

I stumbled and tried to keep up with him.  Henry followed after us, taking my hand, and squeezing it reassuringly.

"Guys, what's going on?" I practically begged, but Henry shook his head looking anxious.

"Ssshh, sorry Wook, but we'll explain later.  Just stay quiet and do as we say, okay?"

I was starting to get freaked out, but nodded, too scared to respond.  Kyuhyun led the way to a small door that I didn't remember ever seeing before.  He typed a series of numbers into a keypad and the door slid open.  He quickly stepped through the door, and led me through it.

I narrow staircase stretched before us, and Kyuhyun hurried down it.  His legs were much longer than mine, and I kept stumbling and tripping.  Without warning, Kyuhyun lifted me and put me on his back.  I blushed despite my fear, and opened my mouth to protest, but Henry shushed me gently. 

I stayed silent and let Kyuhyun carry me down the stairs, Henry following closely.  A door led out into the backyard and we stepped out in the fading daylight.  Kyuhyun was practically sprinting now, and we arrived at a small pond in minutes.

Kyuhyun finally put me down, and kneeled down, panting.  I turned to Henry, my heat beating fast, and my mind racing,

"H-henli, what's going on?"

He was deathly pale, and his eyes were worried he whispered,

"They're here!"

"Who?" I prodded uneasily.

He opened his mouth to answer, but a high, sweet voice caused all of us to spin around,

"Well what do we have here?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry I took sp long to update this, but I wanted to Finish "Love on the Rocks", and I'm drowing in requests for my oneshot collection.

Anyway, I know this is a bit rushed and may not make total sense, so I apologize.

Thx for reading this!

Comments = ~<3

Location: home, recovering from the hell of summer school

Mood: sleepy... zzzzzzz

Music: "Daydream" by Super Junior (my second fave song on the album!)