Chapter 14

I Aim to Please You...

Ryeowook's POV

I wandered around the mansion looking for Henry.

"Aish!  Where is that boy?" I muttered.

I had already checked the kitchen and his floor, but I couldn't find even a trace of my mochi cheeked friend.  I sighed, well either he was in the yard or he was on Kyuhyun's floor.  Seeing as I wasn't in the mood to search the thousand acres of the Cho estate, I decided to check Kyu's floor first.

I moved towards the elevator but stopped and looked toward the winding staircase instead.  I had yet to climb the ornate structure and my curiosity made me abandon the elevator for the stairs.  I set out with childish enthusiasm as I bounded up the staircase excitedly.

When I finally reached Kyu's floor, I was huffing and my legs were shaking.  I stopped for a moment, sitting down to catch my breath.  Now I knew what they meant when they said curiosity killed the cat, I would difinately never do that again!

I glanced up when I heard Henry's voice.  I smiled and got to my feet.  The staircase landing for this floor was tucked away in the back, so I knew he wouldn't see me.  I giggled as I crept towards the voice, planning to scare him.

My smile grew even brighter when I heard Kyuhyun's voice join in.  I would freak both of them out, I giggled just imagining how their screams would sound.  I tip-toed into the kitchen, trying to stay hidden despite the glass walls.

I crouched down behind the fridge, and prepared to jump out at the two who seemed to be deep in conversation only a few feet away.  Just when I was about to spring on them, Kyuhyun's voice startled me to inaction,

"I-i don't know..."

He sounded so stressed and serious that I immediately became concerned.  I stayed hidden and listened intently as they continued to talk.

"Kyuhyun!  We have to do something!  I don't know if it's good or bad that he's starting to remember, but regardless we need to keep him safe!"

"I-i don't want him to remember... it will only hurt him..."

"If he's remembering on his own, then there's nothing we can do"

"I know, I know, but he will only end up getting hurt..."

"Kyuhyun, I need you to focus, stop wallowing in your own guilt!  Yes, I blame you for what happened to him, but right now I'm overlooking that.  We need to figure out how to protect him from that !"

"You're right... Ryeowook's safety is the most important thing right now"

I gasped softly when I heard my name.  They had been talking about me?  I was in danger?  Why did I need protecting?  And why did Kyuhyun feel responsible?

My head began to spin, and the throbbing pain in my head came back.  I inhaled sharply and rubbed my temples, doing my best to alleviate the sharp pain.

I tried to stand up, but my legs trembled and I stumbled, making a loud clattering sound.  Both brothers looked up, and their eyes widened with alarm when they saw me.  I stared back at them, my heart racing, and my eyes filling with frightened tears.

"W-what's going o-on?" I asked in a barely audible whisper.

Henry seemed the first to recover because he stood and approached me slowly.  I backed away, not knowing if he was angry at my eavesdropping.  Adrenaline raced through my veins and my eyes darted between the two in panic.  I don't know what came over me but I ran away, doing my best to get away from them.

"Wookie!" I heard Henry call, but I didn't turn back, my only concern was the wild pounding of my heart and the fear that was controlling me.

Unfortunately, I didn't run towards the stairs, I ran the opposite way.  I ran into Kyuhyun's room, my eyes darting around for a place to hide.  I heard footsteps behind me and I panicked.  My eyes fell on the stainlees steel door and without thinking, I pulled it open and ran inside.

I shut the door behind me, and I slid down, covering my face with my hands.  I tried to take deep breaths and calm myself.  I waited for a few minutes, and breathed a sigh of relief when no one burst through the door.  I looked around and only then did it hit me that I was in Kyuhyun's forbidden room.

"!" I cursed, a new round of panic creeping into my stomach. 

I knew I really shouldn't have been there, but I wasn't ready to face the others yet.  I looked around, but the room was too dark to really see.  I stood and slid my hand across the wall until I found a light switch.  I hesitantly the switch, not sure if I really wanted to see.

What if he was a serial killer who kept the bodies of his victims here?  Or what if he was printing counterfeit money in this room?  Maybe he was a fiend and this is where he kept his whips and chains!

I blushed at the last idea, and quickly pushed such ridiculous thoughts from my mind.  It was Kyuhyun, I reasoned, he probably just kept some special edition of Starcraft in here.  Feeling reassured I flipped the switch, watching as the room was slowly illuminated.

Once I could see, my knees grew weak, and I had to lean against the wall for support.  My eyes were wide with shock and I found it hard to breathe.  In front of me was the playground I had seen in my dreams.  The slide, the monkey bars, the swingset, even the sandbox was identical to the ones in my dreams.

I took a shaky step towards the swingset, then another and another.  Soon, I was standing right in front of it.  I reached out, my hand trembling like a leaf in the wind, and I gently touched the cold, metal.

I gasped and quickly pulled my hand back in surprise.  It was real, this wasn't some image my mind had conjured up, this was reality.  My eyes travelled around the room, I was so distracted by the playground, that I missed the pictures.  Hundreds of pictures covered the walls, some framed and others simply hanging.

Each photo showed children, laughing, hugging, and playing together.  Some of the pictures had three children, but the majority of the pictures were of two boys.  I looked closer and I recognized myself as a young child.  I felt myself begin to smile unconciously.

I reached out to touch one of the photos, when a low voice startled me and I spun around in alarm.

"No one's ever been in here before"

"K-kyu..."

He stepped closer to me, his eyes guarded.  He looked up at the wall covered in photos, pointing to the same photo I had seen in Henry's room.

"That's Henry, you, and me.  This was taken on my birthday, I was turning ten"

I felt myself smile, and suddenly something in my head just clicked into place.  Suddenly, I was assaulted, my head swam as thousands upon thousands of memories rushed back to me.  I gasped, and I felt my knees buckle and Kyuhyun reached out to steady me.

"Are you okay?" he asked, sounding concerned.

His eyes clouded over with worry.  I looked into his eyes, searching them desperatley.  I felt my own eyes fill with tears, but I made no move to wipe them away.  My grip on his arm tightened as I managed to choke out,

"I-i... I think I r-remember..."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another update done!

I can guarantee that there will be more Kyuwook coming up, plus I will soon explain what happened to Wookie.

Stay with me you guys! ^^

Comments = ~<3

Location: searching desperatley for Henry... *pouts*

Mood: sad, I really miss Henry and Zhoumi, I want a Super Junior- M comeback!  Or better yet, SM should just add them to the main group! 

Music: "Off My Mind" by Super Junior-M, Henry's solo