Chapter 44

I Aim to Please You...

Kyuhyun's POV

"You really didn't think this out did you?"

I glared at my brother, and crossed my arms. 

"If you think my plan is so bad then why did you agree to come along?" I snapped at him.

He rolled his eyes and got out of the car,  I followed suit and we both walked up the the familiar building. 

"I'm only here to make sure you don't do anything too stupid.  I can't believe you just came here without a plan!"

"Ugh, shut up Henry.  Stop making me feel dumber, I just couldn't take it anymore"

At this, Henry's eyes softened and he patted my shoulder. 

"I get it.  It's hard for me too... but I really don't think this is the best way to handle this"

I pulled open the door and shrugged,

"Well it's too late now"

Henry sighed, but he had no choice but to follow me as I walked into the building.

The man sitting behind the desk looked up and smiled.

"Hello welcome to Hangeng's Playhouse!  Do you have an appointment?"

I shook my head and looked towards Henry, waiting for him to do the talking.  He rolled his eyes but he stepped up to the desk.

"No, we just wanted some information"

The man was immediately suspicious,

"We run a credible business here, we have permits"

Henry shook his head, indicating that he wasn't a cop.

"No, we're not here to investigate you.  We were just wondering if everyone that stays in this building is uh... an "

The man nodded slowly,

"This isn't an apartment, the only people allowed to live here are the workers"

Henry crinkled his forehead and he asked,

"Um, by any chance is there a boy named Kim Ryeowook working here?"

The man behind the desk looked thoughtful, but he shook his head.  Henry looked puzzled, but I pushed past him and asked,

"How about someone named Lixu?"

The man's eyes brightened with recognition and he nodded,

"Yes, we do have a Lixu working here"

My stomach dropped and I looked at my brother with wide eyes.  He looked worried and asked the man,

"Is there any way we can make an appointment to meet him?"

The man shook his head,

"Sorry, that won't be possible.  The boss has placed him on reserve and he isn't accepting any clients at this time"

Henry looked at me, silently asking me what we were going to do now.

"Sir, is there anyway we could just meet him for a little bit?  We honestly just want to talk with him"

The man bit his lip,

"I'm not really sure about how strict the policy is, let me call the boss really quick"

The man picked up the desk phone and he was about to dial when someone emerged from the curtain.

"Kibum you can go, I'm here for my shift"

I stiffened when I heard that voice.  I slowly turned around and came face to face with Ryeowook.  He was no longer dressed as a woman and he no longer wore his wig or any makeup.

I stared down at him, my mouth gaping open in shock.  I thought he was pretty as a woman, but he was even more beautiful as he was now.  I was actually left speechless.

He stared right back at me, his eyes widening in horror.  He opened his mouth, but nothing came out.  Suddenly he turned and sprinted behind the curtain.

"Ryeowook!" I yelled and didn't hesitate to follow him.

I heard both Henry and the man behind the desk telling me to stop, but I ignored them, the only thing I cared about was the person running away from me.

 

Ryeowook's POV

I knew running away was silly, but it was my immediate response.  I heard him yelling my name and I could hear his foot steps as he came closer.  I mentally cursed, knowing I wouldn't be able to outrun him for long.  My room was on the other side of the building and I knew I'd never make it.

I turned the corner and made a beeline for Zhoumi's room.  I silently prayed that he didn't have a customer and that he would answer.  I pounded on his door, sending panicked looks behind me.

"C'mon!  C'mon!" I chanted while jumping up and down anxiously.

My pounding grew more frantic as I saw Kyuhyun round the corner, heading straight for me.  I yelped and kicked the door, hoping the sound would be enough to get Zhoumi to answer.

Mercifully, seconds later my friend answered, looking irritated and sleepy.

"God Lixu!  I was sleeping!"

I ignored his whining and pushed past him, pulling the door closed behind me.  I immediately locked it and flinched when I heard Kyuhyun pounding the door.

"Ryeowook!  Kim Ryeowook, open this door!  I know you're in there!"

I slid down into a sitting position, clutching my head as the yelling continued.

Zhoumi stared at me, then looked at his door, obviously confused.

"Lixu, what's going on?"  he asked loudly, trying to make himself heard over the loud banging on the door.

I simply whimpered and buried my face in my hands.  Zhoumi was at my side instantly, his voice worried,

"Lixu?"

Kyuhyun hit the door harder and I felt Zhoumi tense.  I was worried he was going to answer it so I grabbed his arm.

"D-don't answer it!" I begged, tears streaming down my face, "Please!"

He shot a frightened look at the door before nodding.

"I won't, but you need to tell me what's going on"

Suddenly the banging stopped, and heard some muffled noises coming from behind the door.  Kyuhyun was still yelling, but now his voice was more desperate.  Soon other voices joined his.

"Kyu, stop it!"

"Sir!  You can't come back here, it's restricted!  Sir!"

I covered my ears with my hands, just wanting the shouting to stop.  Zhoumi looked scared and he kept shooting panicked looks between me and the door.  Suddenly a loud voice screeched,

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE!?!?!"

I easily recognized Heechul's voice, and I felt a shiver roll down my spine.  He was using the voice he reserved for when he was furious.  I had only heard him use that voice once and it was right before he sent a man to the hospital.

All the noise immediately ceased and an ominous silence hung in the air.

Three raps on the door broke the silence and my hyung's voice could be heard.

"Open the door" he ordered in a tone that meant he was serious.

Zhoumi scrambled to answer and he backed out of the doorway to let my hyung in.  Heechul walked in, eyeing me before turning to look back in the hall.

Kyuhyun was panting, a crazed look in his eyes.  Henry and Kibum were both restraining him, each holding on to one of his arms.  Heechul took a long look at Kyuhyun and he finally stopped struggling against his restraints.  Henry and Kibum slowly released him, ready to grab him again if needed.

Heechul nodded and looked at Zhoumi who was standing to the side, looking completely befuddled.

"I take it you don't know what's going on?"

Zhoumi shook his head, answering Heechul's question.  My hyung nodded and his eyes settled on me again.  I flinched under his gaze and looked away, biting my lips.

Heechul walked over to me, silently offering a hand to help me up.  I accepted it hesitantly, allowing him to pull me to his feet.  He looked at me, and his eyes softened slightly as he reached up to wipe the tears from my eyes.

"Can you please explain what's going on?" he asked me gently, but firmly.

I sniffled and lowered my eyes.  I nodded slightly and my hyung patted my shoulder.  He turned back to face Kyuhyun and his voice regained it's hardness.

"Kibum you are excused" the black hair boy nodded and bowed before quickly walking away.

My hyung's eyes were now locked onto Henry and Kyuhyun, making them shift uncomfortably. 

"Follow me" he commanded as he swept down the hall.

Kyuhyun obeyed and Henry followed after his brother.  I hesitated, but followed them too, pulling a still confused Zhoumi with me.

It was going to be a long night...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sort of rushed update, but the story really needed some drama...

Sorry guys!

*bows*

Location: here

Mood: sleepy

Music: Whatever the name of Zhoumi's solo song is (I'm too lazy to check my phone and I haven't memorized the name b/c it's in Chinese >.<)