Chapter 18

I Aim to Please You...

Kyuhyun's POV

"Yup!  Me and Wookie are dating!"

I felt my jaw clench, and my hands balled into fists.  I breathed shallowly, doing my best to quell the anger I felt rising in my chest.  I bit my tongue, and looked away, not wanting to see.

My little brother stood before me, his arms draped all over Ryeowook in an intimate pose.  I felt my chest burn with jealousy, and the painful realization that I would never get to hold him that close.  I did my best to keep my face neutral, hiding my inner turmoil seamlessly.  Seohyun on the other hand let her emotions play on her face.

She went from confused, to disappointed, before ultimately looking satisfied.  She smiled with her fake sweetness and cooed,

"Well isn't that just the sweetest thing!"

Ryeowook was bright red, and he stared at his feet, refusing to make eye contact.  My eyes burned holes into Henry, and he shot me a warning look that told me to stay calm.

"Well now that we're all here, why don't we hang out.  We're all going to be family soon"

I winced at the statement, and noticed that Ryeowook and Henry had similar reactions.  It was clear that Seohyun only wanted to watch Ryeowook's interactions between Henry to make sure they were really dating.  At the same time, I knew she wanted to see how he acted with me to see if he still posed a threat.

Luckily, Henry seemed well aware of her plan, because he smiled innocently but declined,

"Sorry Seo, but I promised Wookie we'd spend the whole day together.  Besides, we wouldn't want to intrude on your alone time"

He grinned again and loosened his grip on Ryeowook slightly.  Ryeowook immediately bowed, and Henry quickly whisked him away.  I breathed a sigh of relief, knowing he was safe, however I still bristled at the thought of Ryeowook being alone with Henry.

I shook my head, scolding myself for being jealous.  I wasn't allowed to feel this way, I had no right.  I pushed my conflicted emotions away and tried my best to settle back into my unfeeling shell.  I would make myself numb, I had to to survive.

Seohyun grabbed my arm and tugged it towards a jewelry store.  She admired the sparkling necklaces and bracelets, her eyes glinting greedily.  She turned to me, and hinted in a whiney voice,

"Kyuuu!  I still haven't gotten an engagement ring yet!"

I shot her a disgusted look, and rolled my eyes.

"Why would I get you a ring?  You only buy rings for people you like"

She frowned but smiled sweetly when a salesman came up and asked if we needed help.  She giggled and flipped her hair prettily, replying in sugary tone,

"Oh no, we're fine, thank you!"

The salesman nodded and added kindly,

"You two make a cute couple by the way"

Seohyun grinned and bowed politely, her eyes shining evilly.  I regarded the salesman wih cold eyes before turning and walking out of the store.  Shudders ran down spine and I had to close my eyes and breathe deeply.  I felt dizzy and nauseous, and I swore the walls were closing in around me. 

I swallowed thickly as I tried to force those horrifying words from my head,

"You two make a cute couple..."

 

Ryeowook's POV

"Sorry about that..."

I looked up at Henry who smiled at me sheepishly.  I grinned and shook my head, showing him I wasn't mad.

"Don't apologize, you saved me back there!"

Henry gave a sigh of relief, but his eyes were worried,

"Are you alright?  I knew you were scared... I could feel you shaking..."

I smiled and nodded,

"Yeah, I was a little freaked out, but I think Seohyun bought your story.  Do you think I'll be okay now?"

Henry looked thoughtful

"Well as long as we can keep up the act when she's around, I think we'll be okay"

I giggled and nudged him playfully,

"Wow!  Who would have thought I get a boyfriend today!"

He laughed and hip bumped me jokingly.  We walked in companionable silence, stopping occasionally to study the window displays.  I bit my lip as I let my mind wander to more pressing thoughts.  Since I had remembered, my promise with Kyuhyun had bothered me.

Initially, it had seemed like a pretty big deal, but Kyuhyun hadn't said anything about it.  I wasn't sure what to think anymore, and I didn't know if I should bring it up, or just let it go.

Henry must have noticed my confusion because he looked down at me, an obvious question in his eyes.  I smiled at him absentmindedly before finally asking,

"Henli, were Kyuhyun and I really close?"

He smiled and nodded,

"You were always my best friend, but you and Kyuhyun had something special"

I looked at him and his usual bright smile was replaced by a serious look.  He looked at me and said softly,

"Wookie, you said you remembered everything, right?"

I nodded but he kept his solemn expression,

"So, the promise?"

I blushed, and looked down at my feet.  I nodded slightly, and he sighed in relief,

"Oh good!" he chirped, and I looked up to see that he was back to his smiling self. 

My forhead crinkled and I looked at him in confusion.

"Henli... is that promise important?"

Henry looked at me, obviously not sure how to respond.  His eyes grew worried and he asked nervously,

"What do you mean?  H-hasn't Kyuhyun said anything?"

I shook my head, and his widened and he opened his mouth, but no words came out.  His eyes darted around as if he was looking for something to distract me.  It seemed the gods were on his side because because his phone rang urgently.

He smiled at me apologetically and pulled out his new phone (he kept same number).  I looked own at my feet, disappointed with the lack of answers I was recieving.  I looked up when Hery relashed a sharp gasp.  I focused and listened carefully to his side of the conversation,

"I-is he okay!?... The hospital?... We'll be there in ten minutes!"

Henry hurredly hung up the phone, and he turned to me, his eyes panicked,

"We need to go!"

"Why?" I asked, feeling my heart accelerate at the frantic quality of his voice.

He grabbed my hand and started dragging me towards the exit,

"Kyuhyun's sick!  He's in the hospital!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arg!!!  Writer's block eggs!!!!!!

*grumbles* Sorry, this is really more a filler than anything else...

On a happy note...

OH MY FREAKIN' SHISUS!!!!!  "SPY" MADE MY OVARIES EXPLODE!!!!!

AND KYUWOOK DAY IS COMING UP!!!!!!!!!!!!  *is ridiculously, excited and giddy*

on a sad note....

I start school the day after Kyuwook day... *stabs self*

Anyway, thxs for putting up with my stupidity!

Location: on couch watching re-runs of Mucis Core

Mood: conflicted, on one hand YAY!  KYUWOOK DAY!!! XD, on another hand, school... ugh

Music: "Love Style" by Boyfriend (they're performing on the re-run I'm watchin'... I don't like their music very much, but they're ridiculously adorable! :3  *friend whispers to me* OMG!!!  They're that young!!!  I'm older than 3 of them! *feels like a pedo* but at least I'm only older by a few months! ^^)