Chapter 15

I Aim to Please You...

Ugh, I don't wanna wait for the server to bring back my last chappie. I feel like such a troll for not updating this story so I guess I'll just redo this chapter... *is not pleased*

Since I'm a moron and doen't save my chappies, this will be slightly different from the original chapter, but the main details will stay the same, sorry for the trouble

You'll probably want to read this to refresh your memory

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ryeowook's POV

"Remember? What are you talking about?"

I opened my mouth to answer him but all that came out was a strangled whimper. Kyuhyun's eyes grew even more worried and his grip on my arm tightened.

At that moment Henry rushed in. He took one look at my wide eyes, glazed with fear and immediatley pulled me into his arms. Kyuhun released his hold on my arm and Henry led me out of the room and gently sat me down on Kyuhyun's white gaming couch.

He sat beside me, and studied me with concern. He looked up at Kyuhyun who was pacing the room, occasionally shooting me worried glances.

"What happened?" Henry demanded, keeping his voice calm so he wouldn't startle me.

Kyuhyun shook his head and shrugged,

"I don't know... he just kept saying that he remembered, but I don't know what"

Henry nodded, and turned his attention back to me. He rubbed my back in an effort to calm me and he asked gently,

"Wookie, please tell us. What do you remember?"

I flinched slightly, still reeling from the sudden onslaught of memories that had rushed to me. I looked up at Henry hesitantly, and he smiled in encouragement. A quick glance at Kyuhyun told me he was no longer pacing, but standing and loking at me steadily.

"I-i don't even k-know. It's just e-everything..."

"Everything?" Henry asked, still sounding confused.

I nodded slowly, and took a shaky breath,

"I f-finally remember you guys, and I r-remember living h-here as a child..."

I paused and looked down at my hands which were trembling slightly in Henry's grasp.

"I-i remember me and K-kyuhyun..." I mumbled, noting that the eldest flushed slightly and looked down at his feet.

I probably would have laughed if I wasn't so scared. Henry prodded me so I looked up at him, and he looked at me seriously,

"Wookie, is that it? Or do you remember anything else?"

I gripped his hand tightly, making his hand shake as mine quivered around his.

"I-i remember S-seohyun... a-and what she d-did..."

Henry's face darkened, and his eyes flashed dangerously. Kyuhyun's previously red face was now deathly white, his eyes filled with dread, guilt, and pain.

 

*Flashback*

A nine year old Ryeowook and an eleven year old Kyuhyun sat under the shade of  the large oak tree that stood beside the pond.  The two giggled and chattered happily, enjoying the summer sun and each other's company. 

A small figure scuttled out of the mansion looking around, obviously searching for the two.  Ryeowook smiled and waved his arm in the air so they could be spotted.  The maneuver was successful as the boy made his way towards them.

"Why'd you do that?" Kyuhyun questioned, sounding a bit sulky.

Ryeowook glanced up at the elder, confused by his reaction,

"Why wouldn't I call Henli over?  He's my best friend plus I could tell he was looking for us"

Kyuhyun crossed his arms and grumbled,

"No fair, whenever he's around he always hogs you!"

Ryeowook smiled sweetly and reached out to grab Kyuhyun's hand.

"Don't worry Hyunnie!  I still love you the best!"

Kyuhyun still pouted, his bottom lip jutting out slightly.  Ryeowook looked momentarily perplexed, but grinned happily when he came up with a way to wipe the frown off the other's face.  He leaned over, and in the innocent way of a child, pressed a small peck on Kyuhyun's lips.

The action seemed to work as Kyuhyun blushed and smiled slightly.  At that moment, Henry appeared and launched himself into Ryeowook's arms.

"Wookie-hyung!  Umma says I need a haircut but I don't wanna go alone.  Come with me please!"

"Umma's here!?" Kyuhyun questioned, completely shocked.

"Not her, nice umma!"

Ryeowook and Kyuhyun exchanged looks, knowing that Henry was actually talking about Mrs. Kim.  Henry looked up at Ryeowook, his eyes wide and pleading and his chubby cheeks puffed out adorably.

"'Kay, I'll go" Ryeowook said, smiling at his dongsaeng.

Henry smiled triumphantly, and bounced to his feet.

"Thanks!  I gotta get my jacket, I'll meet you at the car!"

Ryeowook nodded and watched as the youngest made his way back to the looming mansion on the hill.  He turned his attention back to Kyuhyun, who was frowning and glaring at the retreating figure of his younger brother.

Ryeowook sighed and wrapped his small arms around his hyung's waist. 

"Stop it, I don't like when you're all grumpy.  I told you, I still love you best"

Kyuhyun looked down at Ryeowook seriously as he asked,

"You swear?"

Ryeowook smiled and nodded confidently.  Kyuhyun dug around in his pocket and pulled out a gaudy plastic ring that kids got out of the quarter machines at the mall.  Ryeowook's eyes sparkled excitedly as he studied the large red stone that was embedded in the gold colored plastic.

Kyuhyun held up the ring and solemnly explained,

"This ring means that your mine and that you love me the best.  If you swear, then you should wear this"

Ryeowook nodded seriously and held his hand our for Kyuhyun.  The elder smiled and slipped the cheap band on Ryeowook's fourth finger.  Both stopped to admire it, and Ryeowook chirped happily,

"It's so pretty Kyu!  Thank you!"

"Your welcome, but don't forget your promise, okay?"

The younger nodded and held out his pinky and the two sealed the promise with a pinky swear.  Ryeowook scrambled to his feet as the sound of the car honking reminded him of his obligation to Henry.  He bent down and kissed Kyuhyun cheek before running in the direction of the driveway.

Kyuhyun watched him go before pulling out another ring and slipping it on his ring finger.  He grinned proudly as he admired the  blue band that linked him to his first love.  He hopped to his feet and ran towards the house, hoping that Umma Kim had made snacks.

He didn't look back, but if he had, he would have seen a small, pretty girl with long black hair step out from her hiding place.  He would have seen as her face contorted with jealous rage, he would have seen her eyes go black and cold, no emotion visible.

**********

Ryeowook studied the letter that had been slipped under his door, and tried to make out the messy writing that had been quickly scribbled in green crayon. 

He brightened when he finally managed to understand that Kyuhyun wanted to meet him at the playground at the bottom of the hill.  Ryeowook bit his lip, trying to decide what he should do.

His mother never let him out at night, so he knew he could get into big trouble if he got caught sneaking out.  But when Ryeowook looked at the ring, proudly displayed on his finger, he decided that his promise to Kyuhyun was worth the risk.  He silently slipped out of his room, quietly padding past his parent's open bedroom door.  Once he passed that obstacle he hurried away, breathing a sigh of relief only when he reached the safety of the cool night air.

He walked the path towards the playground, humming slightly to drive away the fear that rose in his chest as he observed the dark shadows that lay outside the sanctuary of the street lamps.

He looked around the deserted playground, shivering slightly at the eerie feeling that crept up his spine.  His attention was diverted towards the nearby grove of trees when he heard faint sounds coming from that general direction.  He made his way over to a clearing in the trees, and sighed with relief when he saw a figure standing in the shadows.

He rushed forward, thinking that it was Kyuhyun, but as the person came into focus, he immediatley shrank back.  Seohyun walked towards the startled Ryeowook, smiling angelically.  Ryeowook returned the grin with a wary one of his own.  He was slightly uncomfortable around the girl, and often felt like she disliked him.

He took a stumbling step back when her sweet smile turned into one of cruelty and evil intentions.  Her large eyes blazed as if charged with black fire as she snarled,

"Kyuhyun is mine.  I'm not about to let some scrawny peasant stand between me and him"

Ryeowook's heart increased tempo and he felt his legs begin to tremble with fear,

"W-what do you want S-seohyun?" he stuttered nervously.

"Simple, I want you gone" she said smugly, lips curling into a hateful smirk.

Her hands darted out to grab Ryeowook, but his fear made him faster and he was able to run before she could grab him.  He ran frantically, not caring about anything but getting away.  He screeched to a halt and his breath hitched as he found himself at the edge of a small cliff.

He gasped when he heard Seohyun chuckling behind him.  He turned around to defend himself, but this time she was faster and her hand sent the small boy off the edge.  Ryeowook could only utter a whimper of surprise and fear before blacking out on impact.

The ground was about 20 feet down, but Ryeowook's head had caught a narrow ledge that jutted out from the side of the cliff, knocking him out cold.

Seohyun leaned over the edge, and smiled triumphantly as she observed Ryeowook's lifeless body sprawled across the ground.

"Serves you right" she murmuerd with obvious satisfaction, her eyes twinkling as she admired her handiwork.

 

*End Flashback*

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmm, I think I might actually like this better than the original chappie...

Anyway I'll try to post the next chappie as soon as I can

Sorry for the wait!

Comments = ~<3

Location: couch, watching the Olympics

Mood: stressed, I swear I gotta stop watching sports... I'm gonna give myself gray hair!

Music: "Someday" by Super Junior