Chapter 4

I Aim to Please You...

Ryeowook's POV

I woke up the next morning to a loud banging on my door.  I sat up and winced as my sore muscles protested.  I guess cleaning was more work than I had expected.  The knocking grew more demanding and I groaned and shouted,

"Who is it?"

"It's Sungmin!  C'mon you need to get ready!  The Young Masters are gonna be here in ten minutes!"  I groggily stumbled to the door and let him in, yawning widely.

"Sungmin-hyung, why do I need to be there?  I'm just a music instructor, it's not like I'm it's important to meet them.  Besides, I staying in their mansion, I'll bump into them sooner or later"  He was quiet for a while and I could tell he was trying to find a reason to make me come.

"But your parents want you to be there!  Your mom said something about reuniting the 'Terrible Three'!"  I just shook my head and rolled my eyes.

"Seriously, I have no idea what that woman is talking about.  I have to worry about her sanity..."

"Wookie, c'mon!!" he begged, giving me his big begging puppy-dog eyes.  I groaned, but trudged towards the bathroom.  I was surprised when Sungmin rushed over and handed me a bundle of folded clothes.

"What's this?" I asked staring at the bundle with confusion.

"Everyone must look their best.  Your father wants things to be perfect, and that means everyone's wardrobe as well"  I sighed, but dutifully dressed in the black slacks and lavender button down dress shirt.  I put on the matching black double-ed vest, but I refused to wear the bow-tie.  I had my limits.

As I stepped out of the bathroom fully dressed, I found Sungmin waiting.  Yesung was also seated on the bed, both of then studying me critically.  Sungmin wore a similar outfit except his shirt was pink, and he wore his bow-tie.  Yesung's shirt was grey and he sported a black silk tie.  Sungmin squealed excitedly and pinched my cheek while Yesung just smiled and nodded in approval.

I let them drag me down to the ground floor where my parents were waiting anxiously.  They ushered the Yemin couple to their rightful positions and dragged me to their side.  I stood between them, and I looked around I saw all the employees standing in a straight line parallel with the front door.  All the men wore similar outfits, except my father who wore a neat suit coat with tails that hung down in the back.  The women wore simple black dresses and white aprons, except for my mother who wore a long sleeved cream colored dress that ended at her ankles.

I noted with some chagrin that everyone was groomed neatly, while I knew my hair was floppy and my bangs were in my eyes.  My mother did her best to style my hair, and push my bangs to the side, but they were uncooperative and continued to fall over one of my eyes.

"What's the big deal?" I whispered to my father who was straightening his already impeccable coat.  He looked up at me and explained,

"Wookie, these aren't just regular people like you or me.  They are at the level of nobility and their expectations are formed accordingly.  Nothing but perfection will be accepted.  Now don't get me wrong, they are very good people, but you must always remember that they are not our friends, they are our bosses.  There is a certain mode of conduct that should be obeyed"

I nodded, but frowned slightly.  I understood what my father was saying, but the idea of having to walk on egg shells and  keep myself in line just sounded exhausting.  Why were these people so special?  Sure they were rich, but that didn't make them any less human.  As far as I was concerned, this was becoming more of a hassle and less of an enjoyable experience.

I was so distracted by my thoughts that I didn't notice when a man threw open the double doors and announced that the Young Masters had arrived.  The room went still and I managed to look around quickly before my father yanked me down into bowing position.  The sudden pull almost made me lose my balance and I stumbled when trying to keep my balance.  I regained my footing and let out a sigh of relief, however I noticed that I had stopped right in front of a shiny caramel brown shoe.

I slowly looked upwards until my neck craned up at an uncomfortable manner.  I was met by an amused looking face.  I immediately bowed 90 degrees and mumbled out an apology before turning to regain my spot in the line.  However I was stopped when my arm was grabbed.  I looked up in shock and this time I managed to get a better look at the man that held my wrist.

He was slightly taller than me, and had light brown hair that was tousled and spiked.  His eyes were small, but they sparkled happily.  His pillowy lips were stretched wide with the force of his infectious smile, and although the man was undeniable slender, his cheeks retained a chubby, baby-like softness.  In a word, he was adorable.  Everything about him just screamed child-like amusement. 

I stared at him uncomfortably, but he just continued to smile at me in a friendly manner,

"Hello, are you knew here?" he asked kindly.  I mumbled something incoherently, and tried to avoid eye contact as a felt a humiliated blush color my cheeks.  At this point my father rushed over and bowed deeply.

"I apologize deeply Young Master.  This is my son, he is not accustomed to the rules here"  The Young Master released me from his grip and he reached out to pat my father's shoulder with familiarity.

"Aww no biggie Mr. Kim!  It's nice to home though!"  He looked over my father's shoulder and smiled brightly when he saw my mother.  She stepped forward smiling gently and reached her arms out towards him.  I was surprised when he rushed over and hugged my mother happily.

"I missed you!" he chirped.  She smiled and asked,

"How was America?"  He beamed,

"I'll tell you and Mr. Kim all about it at dinner, okay?"  My mother nodded and my father bowed.  Then the Young Master turned his attention back to me.  I blushed again as I felt him study me intensely.  He reached his hand out to me and said,

"Hi, I'm Henry!" I smiled awkwardly and looked to my father to see what I should do.  He gestured I should introduce myself as well.  I took his hand hesitantly and said softly,

"I'm Ryeowook"  A strange look passed over his face momentarily, but was gone so fast I thought I had imagined it.  He smiled again, and stepped back.  He turned towards the other employees and waved to them cheerfully.  The others all bowed in unison. 

Just then, another man entered the house.  Based on the reaction from my parents, I figured that it was the other Young Master.  He was much taller than me or his younger brother.  However, unlike Henry, he didn't wear a smile.  He just looked around blankly, and nodded his head by way of greeting.

He walked over and shook my father's hand, and gave my mother's shoulder a squeeze.  He met my eyes briefly, but showed neither surprise or curiosity.  He was a handsome man.  His honey colored hair waved gently, just brushing his eyebrows.  His jaw line was clean and masculine and his plump lips were tinted a natural shade of blush.  His eyes were large, but they were cold.  While his brother seemed friendly and kind, Kyuhyun appeared to be unfeeling.

His expressionless eyes met mine again and I shivered slightly.  I bowed by way of greeting, but by the time I looked up he was already gone.  He was already headed towards the elevator.  His brother stood watching him walk away, a slight frown on his face.  He shook his head, and turned his attention back to me and my parents.

"Please excuse him, he's not much of a social person" I nodded in understanding and the smile returned to his face.

"Well Ryeowook, would you mind helping me with my luggage?"  I smiled, the awkwardness melting under his warm personality.  I immediately took his bag and followed him as he headed towards the elevator.  As I walked past the other employees I met Sungmin's eyes.  My hyung shot me an excited look that led me to believe I would have a lot of explaining to do when I saw him later.  I shrugged, not understanding his excitement.

I hurried to enter the elevator where the Young Master was waiting for me.  As I looked up watching the numbers change, he asked genially,

"So you're Mrs. Kim's son, right?"  I looked up at him and nodded,

"Yup, at least as far as I know"  He chuckled in an amused manner, before turning to study me intently.  I shifted under his cursory gaze, feeling increasingly uncomfortable.  Suddenly his face was only inches away from mine.  He stared deeply into my eyes and asked,

"Wookie?  Do you remember me?"

 


Yay, the Young Masters have arrived!  Sorry Kyuhyun had such a small part, i promise he will get more involved later.

But for Henwook shippers, there will be some moments coming up!

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed this update! ^^

Comments = ~<3

Location: looking for the tv controls... how do they always disappear like that!?!?

Mood: eh... pretty good...

Music: "Snow White" by Super Junior (they sound great in Japanese!)