Chapter 7

I Aim to Please You...

Ryeowook's POV

When I woke up, it was pitch black outside and the silence was almost overwhelming.  I glanced at my phone and saw that it was three in the morning.  I groaned and tried to go back to sleep, but once I was awake I was awake for good.

I sighed and shuffled down the hall towards the elevator.  I figured a cup of cocoa would be a good idea so I hit the button for the ground floor.  Once I had my beverage I headed back to the elevator.  I tried to hit the button for the top floor, but my hand slipped and I ended up hitting the button for the 5th floor.

I cursed softly, irritated that it would now take longer to get back to my room.  I sighed and hit the button for the top floor, accepting that I would just have to make a mini stop on the 5th floor.  I sipped my drink lazily, and watched as the numbers on the elevator slowly went up.  I rolled my eyes when the doors opened on the 5th floor, and sighed, in annoyance.

Suddenly an angry cry followed by a vicious string of curses rang out.  I didn't even stop to think as I rushed out of the elevator searcing for the origin of the noise.  I vaguely remembered the 5th floor belonging to Kyuhyun, but that thought didn't really register in my state of panic.  Since all the doors and walls were made of transparent glass, I easily spotted a figure hunched over in what I mistakenly thought was pain.

I ran over to the figure and frantically asked,

"Are you okay?"  The eyes that met mine were not friendly ones, and I shrunk back as a matter of instinct.  I easily recognized him as Kyuhyun and that's when it really hit me that this was his private floor.  He looked at me coldly, his eyesbrow arched in an interrogative manner. 

"I-i... uh... s-sorry!" I stuttered, bowing repeatedly.  "I heard someone screaming and I thought they were in trouble..."  I snuck a peak at him and saw that his expression hadn't softened, and I just wanted to get out of there as fast as I could.

"Umm, s-so I c-can see that you're fine... so I-i'm gonna go..."  I turned around and practically sprinted towards the elevator, my heart drumming in my chest.  Once the doors had closed, I slumped down and breathed a sigh of relief.  No wonder everyone was so scared of him, he was intimidating. 

I realized that I was no longer holding the cup of cocoa, and I facepalmed as I realized that I had left it in Kyuhyun's room.  Well, there was no way in hell I was going to go back to get it, I just sighed defeatedly as I headed back to my room.

I was depressed by my cocoa-less state, but I was even more affected by my first meeting with Kyuhyun.  In my head I had imagined it going much more smoothly.  I had envisioned warm hugs and old inside jokes from our youth.  I guess it had been too optimistic to assume that we could jump right into being best friends, but after reuniting with Henry, my expectations were raised. 

I sighed again as I fell back into my bed.  I smiled wryly as I realized hiw exhausted I was.  Well, if nothing good came out of my little endeavor, at least I would be able to get a few more hours of sleep.  As I was just starting to drift off to sleep, an image of Kyuhyn's cold eyes made me shiver involuntarily.  His eyes had been so devoid of emotion... almost inhuman.  For some reason, that thought troubled me, and my heart began to throb with a dull pain.  There was something about those black, deadened eyes that made me feel like I was forgetting something... but what?

 

Kyuhyun's POV

I cursed loudly as I lost yet another round of Starcraft.  I was literally one of the best players in South Korea, but my focus had been shot ever since we had returned from America.  I put my head in my hands, and tried to control my temper, I didn't want to admit it, but I knew my current state was due to him.

I chuckled bitterly at my pathetic-ness.  Just because he was here didn't mean anything.  I told myself over and over again that nothing would ever change, but I couldn't stop the hope.  I shook my head, and tried to dislodge these thoughts from my mind.  All I wanted to do was play a mind-numbing round of Starcraft and I couldn't even do that.

I cried out, openly releasing my frustration, knowing that no one would be able to hear me.  I wiped my face again, but looked up when a frantic voice asked,

"Are you okay?"  My head shot up and standing right before me was the source of my current troubles.  The residual anger must have been obvious in my eyes because he flinched away.  Even seeing his reaction, I didn't change my expression, if anything I glared harder.

I watched as he stuttered and grew more and more uneasy in my company.  Finally he dashed away, eager to get away.  I watched him leave, not showing any emotion.  It was only once the elevator doors shut close that I hopped up and started pacing agitatedly. I hadn't planned on ever meeting him, so this sudden encounter had me really freaked out.

I looked over at where he had been standing and saw a purple mug.  I wandered over and saw he had left his cocoa.  I rolled my eyes at his carelessness, but found myself reaching for the cup.  I tentatively took a sip, and almost dropped the cup.  It was exactly like we used to drink when we were kids, rich and creamy with a hint of cinammon.

I set the cup down, and left the room, the force of my emotions overwhelming me.  I really didn't need ths right now... I didn't need to have these memories come rushing back to me.  Lord knows that I had relived my past millions of time before.  I found myself in my bedroom, and i automatically headed towards the door.

I opened the thick, stainless steel door that held my most precious possesions and quickly stepped inside.  I looked around briefly, already familiar with the contents of my private room.  I sat down and hid my face.  I was pissed at myself and pissed with my situation.  As far as I was concerned, everything .

I leaned against the door and laughed scornfully.  I wasn't sure what I wanted anymore.  I wanted desperatley for him to remember, but I was keeping him as far away as I possibly could.  Now that I had scared him, I figured he would avoid me religiously.

This was the the outcome I had expected, even planned for... but then why did it hurt so bad?

 


Sorry for not updating, I also apologize for the poor quality of this chappie.  I'm having some family issues and I was really too pissed to bust put any thing good for you guys, sorry.

Location: avoiding my family

Mood: mad as hell >:(

Music: "