Chapter 13

I Aim to Please You...

Ryeowook's POV

I thanked the heavens that it was Saturday, I was much to tired to teach today.  I rolled over in my bed and hugged my pillow, burying my face into the soft material.  I looked out of my cocoon of blankets and groaned when I heard my door open loudly.

Sungmin strode into the room and pulled the blankets off me unceremoniously.  He then bounced over to my window and threw open the curtains, letting the bright sunlight stream into the room.  I yelped and covered my eyes, trying to shield myself from the blinding glare.

"Minnie!" I whined, not lifting my eyes.  "What are you doing?"

He giggled and I felt him get on my bed.  He began to bounce, jostling my body with every spring he made.

"What does it look like I'm doing?  I'm waking you up silly!"

I groaned again and mumbled obscenities under my breath.  I wasn't known to curse, but I was also not a morning person.  Sungmin seemed unaffected by my grumpy behavior, and he clambered off my bed and began tugging my arm, trying despreately to gain my full attention.

"C'mon Wookie!  Sungie had to visit his parents and I have the day off.  I'm gonna die of boredom if you don't play with me!"

He continued to pull on my arm and I continued to ignore him.  Finally, he dropped my arm and I could practically see the pout on his face.

"Wookie, don't make this hard on yourself" he warned.

I continued to pretend he didn't exist.  Suddenly, he pounced on me and began tickling me viciously.  I yelped and began laughing as his fingers danced over my stomach and under arms.

"M-minnie!" I shrieked, between bouts of hystrical laughter. 

He laughed along with me and said somewhat evilly,

"Now, are you going to get up?"

Unable to speak, I just nodded vigorously and I sighed with relief as he stopped his torture.  I wiped the tears from my eyes and glared at my hyung with mock hatred.  He simply smiled and rolled his eyes and pushed me towrds the bathroom.

"Get ready you lazy bum!"

I stuck my tongue out at him then sauntered off to the bathroom to wash up, shaking my "lazy bum" for emphasis.  When I walked out, I was freshly showered and dressed.  I was surprised to see Henry sitting on my bed, while Minnie lounged on my desk chair.

"Henli?" I questioned, my forehead crinkling in confusion.  "What's up?"

He shrugged and grinned, his chubby cheeks almost squeezing his eyes closed.

"Nothing much.  Sungmin just told me you guys were gonna hang out today and I invited myself along for the ride"

I nodded and asked,

"No Kyu?"

Henry's smile faltered slightly and I could detect some uneasiness in his voice,

"He's busy with Seohyun today..."

I felt my heart clench slightly, and I couldn't help but feel a bit disappointed.  I didn't get the chance to dwell on it though, because Sungmin jumped up from  his chair and grabbed my hand, pulling me from the room.

"Aish!  Enough talk!  Let's gooooo!"

Both Henry and I laughed at his impatience and I allowed him to drag me whever he pleased.

**********

"And then on our second anniversary, Sungie was so cute!  He rented out the whole aquarium and...."

I stifled a groan as my hyung droned on and on about his winderful Sungie.  I glanced at Henry and giggled softly when I saw that he was as miserable as I was.  He mimed shooting himself in the head and I nodded, agreeing with him.  We had been hanging out with Sungmin for about four hours and he had spent three and half of those hours droning on about his boyfriend.

I really liked Sungmin, but I had come to the conclusin that my hyung was much more fun to be around when Yesung was there to control him.  Suddenly, as if the gods had heard our prayers, Sungmin's phone rang and he squealed when he saw it was Yesung.

Henry took the opportunity to suggest that we grab some ice cream and I nodded in eager agreement.  Sungmin just waved us off, not really caring.  We both giggled as we heard Sungmin use his best aegyo voice when he chirped,

"Sungie!!!!"

**********

As Henry and I walked down the hill that lead to the small ice cream parlor, I told him about my bad dreams.  Henry's eyes grew scared as I told him about my nightmares.  I was surprised when he hugged me suddenly.  I was going to ask what was wrong, but I felt him tremble slightly and decided against it.

I pulled away and grabbed his hand, hoping to lessen the fear I saw in his eyes.

"C'mon Heli, let's get the ice cream"

He smiled slightly and nodded. 

We walked back to the mansion, our cones and talking.  Hnery seemed to have recovered and I was happy to see him giving me genuine smile.  I was curious about his reaction, but I wasn't going to press it.

We passed by the bench where Kyuhyun met me everyday and I asked Henry,

"Why does Kyu like this bench so much?"

He smiled and pointed to the open field that lay across from the bench.  I studied the empty lot then turned back to my younger, confused.

"There used to be a small park over there.  We used to play there when we were younger.  They took it down a few years ago, but I think Kyu likes the memories"

I studied the lot carefully and my body tensed.  Hnery looked at me worredly and asked,

"Hey... you okay Wookie?"

"The park... what did it have?"

He looked at me strangely but answered,

"Um, just a slide, some monkey bars, and a swing set, why?"

"I think I remember..."

 

Kyuhyun's POV

I rubbed my temples in exhaustion.  Seohyun was even more irritating than I remembered and having to spend the whole day with her was hell.

I stopped with a start when I saw Henry pacing around my floor anxiously.

"Henry?"

He looked up, and I could see genuine panic in his eyes.  I felt my heart speed up and I asked,

"What?  What is it?  Is Ryeowook okay?"

He bit his lip and whispered,

"I-i don't know"

"What do you mean!?  Is he hurt?  Did Seohyun..."

He shook his head, interruping me.

"I think he r-remembers what h-happened"

My breath caught in my throat, and I wasn't sure how to react.  On one hand, part of me was relieved, but such a feeling was only due to my own selfishness.  If he started to remember, then maybe he would remember everything... even the promise.

However, I pushed these feelings aside, guilt for having wished such a thing invading my body.  It wasn't good for Ryeowook to remember, it would hurt him too badly.  The memories he had forgeotten were horrible, painful memories, ones that should never be remembered.

Henry regained my attention when he asked me worredly,

"What should we do?"

I looked up at him, doubt and uncertainty coloring my tone,

"I-i don't know..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the lack of Kyuwook, but I needed to set some stuff up, I promise there will be more Kyuwook coming up soon.

Still not completely aware what's going on, but I think we need some more Seohyun/Ryeowook?Kyuhyun drama, yes?

Anyway, thanks for reading and putting up with mu erratic update schedual!

Comments = ~<3

Location: Sparta Training Academy  (you will understand if you saw Suju on SNL)

Mood: headache...

Music: "For You" by Super Junior ("My girls, my angels" *passes out*)