Chapter 23

I Aim to Please You...

Ryeowook's POV

I dried the last of my tears, feeling a bit embarrassed.  I looked up at Kyuhyun apologetically, and found he was studying me, a pensive look on his face.  There was still so much that I needed to know, but seeing him look so worried, I couldn't bring myself to question him further.

I didn't ask the questions that were burning my tongue, and I just averted my eyes.  I continued to hold his arm tightly, hugging it to my chest.  I didn't even realize I was clinging to him, I was too concerned with keeping my curiousity from getting the best of me.

Kyuhyun cleared his throat awkwardly and I glanced up.  He looked frazzled and completely undone.  I was so used to the confident, put together Kyuhyun that seeing him look this unnerved made me anxious.  He opened his mouth to speak, but closed it and bit his lip, looking uncertain.

"Kyu... it's okay... you don't need to tell me if it bothers you..." I managed to spit out.

Of course I was dying to know, but I did my best to sound genuine, not wanting to pressure him into doing anything he didn't want to.  He smiled gratefully, and some of the panic left his eyes.  He took a deep breath,

"T-thanks, but this is important.  Besides, you need to know..."

He trailed off, and my curiousity only grew more intense.  I didn't really know why, but my heart was racing and my hands were shaking like a leaf in the wind.  My breaths were coming out in shallow gusts and I barely blinked as I watched him, waiting for his explanation.

Suddenly he leaned close, our noses only a hair's length apart.  My eyes widened in shock and I gasped at the sudden closeness of his face.  His dark, normally closed off eyes were now bright and burning into mine.  I wanted desperatley to look away, but found it impossible.

"K-kyu~" I stuttered, my face bright red as I felt his breath mingling with mine.

I searched his blazing eyes, but I could no longer see any sign of discomfort.  All I could see was determination and some other indistinguishable emotion in those dark orbs that kept me hypnotized.  He leaned even closer and my breath hitched, however he angled his face so that his lips were at my ear.

I repressed a shiver as his low voice invaded my conciousness,

"I love you.  I loved you back when we made that promise, and I love you now.  I need you and I want to be with you... I want to marry you"

He pulled away, leaving me in a state of complete disbelief.  However, I didn't even get a chance to process what he had just said because his lips were on mine.  In my muddled state, it took me a moment to realize what was going on.  It took a few seconds to register that the warm pressure on my lips was Kyuhyun.

Even when I realized what was going on, my own reaction startled me... I kissed him back...

I didn't just sit there, passively accepting his kiss.  It seemed like my mind went completely blank as my eyes fluttered close and my arms came to encircle his neck.  My lips moved against his, desperatley, almost hungrily. 

In any other case, I would have been horrified at my reaction and would have pulled away immediatley.  But I was beyond rational feeling at this point.  I had never even thought of Kyuhyun in this way before, but now as his tongue pleaded for entrance, I couldn't get enough of him.

I wound my fingers in his hair, granting him admittance.  It just felt right.  It was like I had been waiting for this moment, but had never conciously known.  As his tongue invaded mine, exploring every crevice like he was memorizing it, I couldn't help but feel complete.

I didn't know if it was purely lust or something more, but I couldn't deny that I wanted him, more than I had wanted anything  or anyone before in my life.  His tongue the inside of my mouth, casuing me to moan loudly.  The jarring sound of my own needy calls broke me from my Kyuhyun induced daze and I managed to pull myself away.

We were both breathing hard, and  the fire still coursed through my veins.  I looked at him, lust still clouding my vision.  I took deep breaths, trying to make my breathing return to it's normal pace.  I glanced up to see Kyuhyun staring at me, complete disbelief and a little bit of confusion evident on his face.

I met his eyes and he asked me in a careful voice,

"W-what exactly does t-this mean?"

My heart was still beating erratically, and reality was just starting to encroach on me.  I flushed, realizing what I had just done.  I looked away, clearing my throat awkwardly.  Kyuhyun's hand came up and my cheek.  As much as I tried to fight it, I couldn't and I melted into his touch.

I looked into his eyes, placing my hand over his as he caressed my cheek. 

"I-i don't know exactly... but..."

"But what?" he asked looking hopeful and terrified at the same time.

He looked so vulnerable, just like a little kid. 

"I don't know exactly..." I stopped and smiled at him shyly, "but, will you help me find out?"

His face broke out into a huge grin and he pulled me close.  He wrapped his arms around me, holding me against his chest. 

"I really love you" he whispered, as he nuzzled the top of my head. 

I smiled into his shirt, feeling at ease despite the completely unbelievable events that had just taken place.  The confusing feelings were still there, but they were muted and somewhat ignored.  All I knew for certain was that I was in Kyuhyun's arms and I liked it... I liked it a lot...

 

Kyuhyun's POV

I was smiling like an idiot.  I knew it, and I didn't ing care.

Ryeowook, the one I loved and had loved for pretty much my whole life was wrapped in my arms.  True, there still remained things that needed to be addressed, but I would deal with that later.

He pulled away from me, and gave me that beautiful smile, the one that made me feel like I was the most important person in the world.  It was a smile that was purely Ryeowook, he was the only one who could give me these feelings. 

It had been so long since I had felt this complete.  As cheesy as it sounded, it was like he had made me whole again.  He reached up and hesitantly kissed me again.  It was gentle, his lips barely brushing over mine, but it was this delicate touch that made goosebumps rose on my arms.

I leaned closer, smiling as I deepened the kiss.  I didn't get carried away like before, the desperate feeling no longer dominating my actions.  Now it was sweet, filled with the strength of my love.

I knew he didn't and couldn't possibly love me back, but just knowing he was willing to give me a chance was enough.  I had lived the last few years of my life missing him, and wanting him so badly that now, everything almost seemed like it was a dream.

He looked up at me fondly, giggling softly as he reached up to my cheek.  I was surprised to feel that he was wiping away some tears.  I hadn't realized I was crying, but I knew they were tears of relief and happiness. 

His face looked serious, and he looked deep into my eyes.

"Kyuhyun, make me love you" he whispered, "make me need you"

Another stupid smile played on the edges on my lips.  I might have looked like an idiot, but I was fine with that.

I was just another fool in love.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yay!  Kyuwook is now together!!!!

You know what that means, right?  That's right!  We gots some Kyuwook fluff coming up!!!!

Hehehe, I do love my maknae sweetness ^^

Thx for reading!

Location: SHINee world

Mood: hyper

Music: "Here I Am" by ZE;A (starting to really like them... it's all bc of Ryeoshik friendship... the whole group is so cute!!!)