Chapter 21

I Aim to Please You...

Ryeowook's POV

I walked down the hall that led to Kyuhyun's room.  I studied the text message that Henry had sent, wondering what the big deal was.  Sometimes I really hated texting, I could never figure out when someone was kidding or when there was a serious issue.  Henry's text simply said, "Kyu's room, now" which left me confused.

I shrugged, figuring it must not be a big deal.  If it was an emergency I was sure he would have called.  When I reached Kyuhyun's door I didn't bother to knock, assuming that they were expecting me.  I pulled open the door an immediatley whined,

"Geez Henry!  Why couldn't you just tell me what you wanted over the phone?"

I walked in, but froze immediatley.  Kyuhyun stood in the middle of the room, dripping wet with only a towel wrapped around his waist.  I squeaked in shock and felt my face go completely red.  As embarrassed as I was, I couldn't help but admire the smooth planes of his pale chest.

Henry cleared his throat amusedly, effectively stopping me from oogling further.  My hands flew up to cover my eyes and I stuttered awkwardly,

"O-oh... s-sorry, I s-should have k-knocked"

I heard Kyuhyun sigh and he reassured me,

"It's not your fault"

I heard a slap noise and the sound of Henry yelping and I assumed that Kyuhyun had smacked his dongsaeng.  I didn't know what to do, so I just kind of stood there awkwardly, feeling my face burn with the force of my blush.  Finally, Kyuhyun called,

"Okay, I'm dressed now"

I hesitantly removed my hands, prepared to cover my eyes again if necessary.  Luckily, there was no need to as Kyuhyun stood before me, fully clothed.  I breathed a sigh of relief before turning to the bed and glaring at Henry.

"Why did you tell me to come in when he wasn't even dressed!?" I asked, still slightly flustered from almost seeing Kyuhyun in the . 

Henry looked at me and gave me an impish smile,

"Why are you so shocked?  It's not like we haven't all seeen each other before"

I felt my face heat up all over again and I spluttered,

"W-what!?"

Henry looked like he was holding back laughter as he explained,

"Psh!  We used to take baths with each other every night... now that I think about it, you were like obsessed with Kyu's "

I looked at Henry, completely horrified.  At this point, I was sure that my face was a shade of red that had never been seen before.  The youngest grinned mischeviously and he continued in a teasing voice,

"You used to grab his all the time!"

I flinched in extreme embarrassment, wishing the floor would just eat me up.  Henry cackled and rolled around on the bed, obviously entertained by the memories.  I jumped onto the bed and started smacking him, taking out my humiliation on the boy.

I had forgetten Kyuhyun's presence, but a muffled chortle made me turn my head.  Kyuhyun leaned against the bathroom door, smirking at the two of us.  I flushed again and insisted,

"I swear I don't remember doing that..."

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and snorted,

"Oh trust me, you did"

I groaned and buried my face in the pilow I had been using to abuse Henry.  Henry seemingly took pity on me because he hugged me, still shaking with laughter.

"Oh don't worry Wookie, it's not like Kyuhyun minded.  Besides, he practically jumped you every time you walked into the room!"

Now it was Kyuhyun's turn to turn blush.  His cheeks were bright red and he refused to meet my eyes.  He glared at Henry and approached him threatentingly.  Henry immediatley jumped away, rushing towards the door,

"Well, on that note, have fun at dinner you two!" he yelled before slamming the door behind him, leaving Kyuhyun and me to stare at each other awkwardly.

I finally managed to ask,

"Sooo, dinner?"

His face had lost it's flustered look, but he still looked slightly uncomfortable.  He didn't really answer me, but I could almost feel the shift in the air.  Instead of the slightly embarrassed, silly mood that Henry had brought, there was now an unsettling seriousness in the room.

"Um yeah..." he started, "let's go eat..."

I smiled uncertainly, still bothered by the sudden change of atmosphere.  My heart began to race and nervous butterflies manifested itself in my stomach as he said solemnly,

"We need to talk..."

 

Kyuhyun's POV

It was silent as we walked down the beach.  The restaurant where we had reservations was located just a mile down the beach so we decided to walk.  I glanced at Ryeowook and saw him wade through the shallow water, biting his lip nervously.

It was obvious that he was feeling a bit awkward, and I felt guilty for making him look so worried.  But I didn't know how to calm him, seeing as I was just as uncomfortable as him.  I nudged him gently and he looked up at me, smiling tentatively. 

"Don't look so stressed, let's just enjoy dinner and we'll talk later, okay?"

He looked a bit skeptical, but he nodded, his smile more genuine. 

"What time is the reservation?" he asked.

"7:00"

Ryeowook glanced at his watch and his eyes widened with alarm,

"We're gonna be late!" he panicked.

I was about to tell him not to freak out, but didn't get the chance.  He grabbed my hand and began pulling me as he ran.  The simple gesture made my heart beat faster and my lips curl into a happy grin.  I laced my fingers with his and let him pull me along, just enjoying the feel of is delicate hand wrapped in mine.

Thanks to our sprint, we made it to the little seafood restaurant right on time.  We were both out of breath and a little sweaty, but I didn't really mind.  We were led to a private little nook that overlooked the water.  Ryeowook collapsed in his chair, fanning himself dramatically.

I chuckled and took the liberty of ordering him some pineapple juice.  He smiled at me gratefully and sipped the sweet golden juice.  I glanced out the window and admired the never ending blue of the ocean.  Even though it was getting late, the sun was still up, making the waves glint and sparkle.

"Thank you"

I turned away from the sight and looked at Ryeowook.  He continued to admire the view, but I knew he was talking to me.

"For what?" I asked, studying his face curiously.

He wore a contented smile, and his eyes shone brightly.  The tense look he wore before was completely gone and now he just looked relaxed and happy.  He glowed.

"Thank you for bringing me here" he turned to face me, looking me in the eye as he gave me that heart stopping grin.  "And thank you for being there for me.  It's been kind of scary remembering, but it makes me feel better to know you and Henry are looking out for me"

His eyes twinkled with honesty and genuine gratitude, his petal like lips curving into a sweet smile.  My breath caught in my throat, and I couldn't even bring myself to speak.  I smiled and nodded, while silently cursing myself.  It was quite clear to me now.  I was a lost cause.

I couldn't lie to myself anymore, and I could no longer retreat into my numb shell.  It was hopeless, and I finally gave in and admitted defeat.  I had lost and there was no point in running away... I loved him.  I loved Kim Ryeowook, there was no giving him up and there was no moving on.  He had broken down all my defenses and pulled me in.  I was too far gone and it was about time I accepted it.

I clenched my fists, knowing full well what this meant.  I would actually have to talk with him.  I had been planning on just avoiding the whole subject, playing off our past like it was some joke.  But now I would have to tell him and really explain.  I would have to lay all my cards down and leave it up to fate.

I would have to wear my heart on my sleeve, completely exposed.  The very idea made me shrink back.  I had never let myself be vulnerable, and it terrified me.  But as I looked at the person I loved,and my hope began to rise, making me willing to take the risk.

Because if I could trust anyone with my heart and happiness, it would be Ryeowook... it could only be Ryeowook... 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so mean!  I've kept you guys waiting for the big "talk" for like three chappie's now!!

*evil smirk*

Well I promise next chapter for sure! ^^

Love you guys! (((hugs)))

Comments = ~<3

Location: sandwiched between my OTP... well wishful thinking ;)

Mood: depressed, back to school tomoro ;w;

Music: "Wuss Up" by SS501 (it just randomly popped up on my Super Junior Pandora station)