Chapter 11

I Aim to Please You...

Ryeowook's POV

I studied the petite girl who stood before us.  She had long black hair that curled at the ends.  She had a soft face, and innocent looking eyes.  I was totally confused as Kyu stepped in front of me, as if he was protecting me from the girl.  As far as I could see, she wasn't really someone to be scared by.

"Hello Kyuhyun" she greeted, smiling sweetly.

He nodded curtly and replied,

"Seohyun"

She nodded, and craned her head to see around Kyuhyun she waved at Henry, and I noticed him tense up under her gaze.  When her eyes traveled to mine, I waved and bowed politely,

"Hello!  My name is Kim Ryeowook"

Henry nudged me, and I immediatley fell silent, looking up at him curiously.  I looked back at the girl, apparently named Seohyun.  She smiled again, but it wasn't quite the same as before.  Now it looked almost forced, and something flashed in her eyes.

Apparently I wasn't the only one who had seen her reaction because Kyuhyun and Henry both shifted so they stood between me and the girl. 

"Well that's interesting..." she mused, stepping closer to me.

I felt Kyuhyun stiffen in front of me, and he stepped forward, grabbing her arm.

"Don't" he warned, and I could practically see his eyes flashing.

She widened her eyes and asked innocently,

"Don't what Hyunnie?"

I looked at her in surprise, shocked at hearing her use such an intimate pet name for Kyuhyun. 

"You know what I'm talking about.  Leave him alone,"

She batted her eyelashes,

"I'm still not sure what you're talking about" she grinned smugly, "But either way, I'm sure we can arrange an agreement"

She skipped forward and grabbed his arm, lacing her fingers through his like a married couple.  I heard him hiss softly, and she silenced him with a saccharine smile,

"Now, now Hyunnie.  You'd better behave, if not, I don't think I can keep our arrangement"

He immediatley fell silent, and even I could hear the threat that colored her tone.  Henry again took a protective stance, and I saw his normally happy eyes darken with distaste.  We watched as the two walked away, Seohyun skipping and chirping happily while Kyu walked beside her looking like he hated life.

Once they were out of earshot, Henry relaxed and I heard him exhale in relief.  I tugged on his sleeve and when I gained his attention, I asked,

"Henli, who was that?"

His lip curled in disgust, and he grumbled,

"That's Seo Joo-Hyun, otherwise known as Seohyun"

I nodded, waiting for him to elaborate.  He nudged me and we started around the pond,

"Well, I'm not shocked that you don't remember.  Seohyun was our neighbor growing up, she was our playmate"

I raised my eyebrows in shock and Henry just chuckled and continued,

"Her father is the CEO of Seo-United"

I gasped, and he nodded,

"Yeah, needless to say she grew up as a spoiled heiress.  She has always had her eye on Kyuhyun, even when we were children.  Our parents and her parents were interested in a business merger, and it was Seohyun who suggested unity through marriage"

My eyes widened as I started to gain understanding,

"So... Seohyun is..."

He nodded and looked straight ahead,

"Yeah, you just had the pleasure of meeting Kyuhyun's fiancee"

This took me by surprise, especially since Kyu never mentioned anything about being engaged before.  My heart tugged slightly, and I had that awful nagging feeling that I had forgotten something important.  I tried to push the feeling away as I turned to look at my chubby cheeked younger,

"Okay, I guess that makes sense, but then why did she look at me like that?  And why were you guys so scared of me meeting her?"

Henry sighed,

"You really don't remember anything, do you?"

I shrugged sheepishly and just waited for him to continue,

"Well, since you were our best friend, you were always with Kyu and me.  Seohyun hated you, she was jealous of you.  Kyu and I would fight over you, but he couldn't care less about her.  It hurt her pride...  She bullied you whenever we weren't around, she tortured you.  When we found out, we made sure to keep you with us wherever we went, but that justr made her madder."

He got a glazed look in his eyes as he continued his story,

"As I mentioned before, her father is very powerful, almost as powerful as my father.  Seohyun had her dad wrapped around her finger, anything she wanted, her daddy made sure she got"

He rolled his eyes, and I could see how much he hated her,

"Well, Seohyun wanted Kyuhyun, but as far as she was concerned, you were standing between her and her prize.  Seohyun's father did what he needed to do to make sure you disappeared"

I looked up at my friend, feeling more confused then ever.  Henry pursed his lips and asked,

"Wookie, have you ever wondered how your parents could afford to send you to boarding school?"

I nodded, but answered,

"They always told me that a wealthy man had seen my potential.  My mother said he was my benefactor and that he would be sponsering my education..."

"Yes, well that rich man was Mr. Seo.  He made sure you were sent to a school far away so his princess wouldn't have to compete"

My eyes widened and I gasped in shock.  I grabbed Henry's arm as I swayed dangerously.  The news was unbelieveable on several levels.  I couldn't understand how crafty Seohyun was, and I couldn't belive Kyu was going to marry that snake.

"D-does Kyu know?" I asked worredly.

Henry snorted and nodded,

"Trust me, My brother knows all about that little witch"

"But then why would he agree to marry her?"

"He didn't really have much of a say in things.  After you left, Kyu was a wreck, he wouldn't leave his room and he wouldn't talk to anyone.  My parents sent him to Japan to train to take over the company.  While he was away, my parents entered in the marriage negotiations with Seohyun's parents.  When he returned from Japan, he wasn't much better.  He was so upset that he didn't even oppose the union, he just didn't care.  Now, he wishes more than anything that he protested, if he had, my parents would have stopped the arrangement.  But now, he's stuck with Seohyun"

My heart throbbed with pain as I thought about Kyu's now grim future.  I felt somehow responsible for the whole thing.  If I hadn't agreed to go to school, then Kyuhyun wouldn't have been depressed.  Henry must have seen my feelings because he hugged me and murmered comfortingly,

"It's not your fault.  Seohyun practically forced your parents to make you go to school.  You were too young to see the corruption, you didn't know it was all a big scheme"

I nodded, but my eyes still misted over.  That nagging feeling was still bothering me.  What else was I forgetting?

 

Kyuhyun's POV

I snatched my arm away from Seohyun, and she pouted.

"Oppa!  Don't be so cold!"

I shuddered and turned away from her, just the sight of her made me sick.  It was her fault that my life was ruined.  She continued to pout, and I made no effort to hide my irritation.  She was obviously trying very hard to appear innocent and adorable, but I knew that she was a manipulative underneath her mask.

She clung to my arm and whined somemore, but I just brushed her off, annoyed at her falsity.  She was not someone I could love.  She was exactly the opposite of everything I loved and wanted.

She was manipulative, devious, sneaky, and fake.  She was a spolied heiress who never worked a day in her life.  She only cared about herself, and her appearance and reputation.  She was selfish and greedy, and I knew she only wanted me for my money and status.

Everything about her made my stomach crawl, from her perfectly styled hair, to her designer heels.  She was all illusion with no substance to back it up.  She was a phony....

I needed someone who was loyal and cared for me.  I needed to come home to everyday and feel warmth and honest devotion.  I couldn't survive in the icy corporate climates that my future predicted, not without having the support of someone I loved. 

The thing I needed most was innocence, untainted by the corruption that colored my world...

I needed Ryeowook...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry this is rushed, but I'm a bit pressed for time lately

Anyway, I hope this was okay, I feel like I have been abandoning this story so much, but writer's block is murder!!!

Anyway, thx for putting up with me and reading this!  I love you all!

Comments = ~<3

Location: watching my new fave k-drama "The Moon and the Stars for You" It's soo good!!!

Mood: ehhh... I'm okay

Music: "Bittersweet" by Super Junior (ever since they released that album, my ipod has been glued to my ear, I fall asleep listening to it every night!)