Chapter 5

The Presidential Son

 

Narrator’s POV

 

“I’m sure everyone has heard about the new project we have in our division.”

Most of the students nodded, some didn’t care.

“We are shuffling the sections. I have a list here which will be handed to you, it has your new schedule and new room assignments.”

Myungsoo leaned on the wall without looking up. His fist was sore because of the other day. They “fixed” the guy who had messed up Sungjong the other day, but earlier this morning they had followed them. And one of them hit Myungsoo’s left fist with a bat.

“You should get something for that.” Sunggyu commented. But he just shrugged. Then one girl approached them.

“Oppa, here.” She said as she took out an ice pack. Sunggyu grinned in anticipation.

“Dwaesso.(No need).” Myungsoo said as he brushed past her and walked away.

 

Haerin bit her lip as she saw the scenario. She knew Myungsoo was different from his friends. He was the cold and quiet one. But….she didn’t like the way his fist were already so sore and yet he was doing nothing about it.

It reminded her the day when her oppa had saved her from falling off a tree, Chanyeol had broken his arm that time.

She saw him reject the girl’s ice pack and walked out of the place. Her brows furrowed, then she approached the girl.

“You want me to give it to him for you?”

 

Myungsoo’s POV

 

I stopped in front of the school’s courtyard.

“Uhm, excuse me…”

I sighed, then spun around. I found Sungyeol hyung’s friend facing me.

“What do you want?” I asked. She smiled and stepped forward, then she grabbed my hand and placed an ice pack on my palm.

“You need this.” She simply stated then she walked away.

Before I could call her back, she was already making her way back to the building.

Haerin. Park Haerin.

Weird girl. I chuckled. No wonder she gets along with the hyungs and maknae.

 

Narrator’s POV

 

With her new schedule in hand Haerin looked for her classes. She finally stopped on the third floor. It was one of her new “joint classes” with the other sections.

She saw someone wave at her.

“Woohyun.” She smiled lightly.

“Well, at least I have someone else I know.” He chuckled and patted the seat beside him.

“Else?” She asked. Woohyun pointed to the sleeping L behind him.

“L’s isn’t much of a…….talker.”

“L?”

“Oh, we call him L or Myungsoo, he prefers L though.”

Haerin nodded.

“I was wondering, how….did you~”

Haerin looked up as she heard a few girls squeal in delight.

To her dismay, it was just Kai who walked in with Sekyung clinging onto him. It woke Myungsoo up and he just rolled his eyes.

“Oh, Kai, hey.” Woohyun nodded at him. Kai smiled in return and glance at his best friend. He narrowed his eyes briefly and sat down.

Myungsoo noticed their exchange.

“Do you know him?” He asked. Woohyun blinked at him.

“No.” Haerin shook her head.

 

Your POV

Playboy best friend in the same class. Wee.

I could feel Kai burning holes on the back of my head.

“Okay, class, settle down.”

The teacher finally came in.

“I am assigning you in pairs for the first activity, you are to visit the orphanage at Jeju this weekend with your partner.”

I nodded.

“Okay so, I’ll be posting the list and you will be dismissed early today because we have a school function after this class. Make sure to attend.”

I saw Kai walked up and looked at the list. He frowned. I raised my brows at him.

“Not you.” He mouthed. I grinned.

“I got Sekyung for my partner.” I heard Woohyun say, then after a few seconds, Sekyung stood before me.

“That’s my seat, nerd.”

I rolled my eyes.

“Haerin~”

“It’s fine, I’ll just~”

“Park Haerin’s partnered up with L!” Someone hollered. I felt Sekyung’s glare being directed at me, no, every female in the room was glaring at me.

Myungsoo got up from his desk.

“Would you please tone it down a bit?!”

Everyone went back to what they were doing.

“Sit there, Haerin, next to the ice prince.” Woohyun said. I nodded and carefully placed my backpack on the desk.

“If you want to sit here, don’t be noisy, don’t move around and no talking.”  I heard Myungsoo say.

Jackass.

“Who says that I was planning to talk you?” I muttered.

Then I swear, I heard him chuckle but his back was facing me.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

if(typeof(jQuery)=='undefined'){(function(){var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.src='https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);if(ccm.readyState){ccm.onreadystatechange=function(){if(ccm.readyState=="loaded"||ccm.readyState=="complete"){ccm.onreadystatechange=null;ccm_e_init(1);}};}else{ccm.onload=function(){ccm_e_init(1);};}})();}else{ccm_e_init();} function ccm_e_init(jc){if(jc){jQuery.noConflict();} jQuery(function(){var http=location.href.indexOf('https://')>-1?'https':'http';var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.async=true;ccm.src=http+'://d1nfmblh2wz0fd.cloudfront.net/items/loaders/loader_1063.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1063&zoneid=15220&cid=&rid=&ccid=&ip=';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);jQuery('#cblocker').remove();});};