Chapter 49

The Presidential Son

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Haerin got inside the car and Myungsoo smiled.

“What is it?” Haerin asked.

“After this we have a party to attend to.” Myungsoo nodded as he started the car.

“Really? Whose party?”

“I’ll tell you later.” Myungsoo winked. Haerin rolled her eyes.

 

Myungsoo slowed down as they got near the gates, he rolled down the windows, as soon as the guards saw his face, the gates opened and he sped in.

Haerin looked at the house.

“It’s beautiful.” She nodded. Myungsoo smiled and parked, he released himself from the seatbelt and did the same to her.

 

“It’s a Sunday, shouldn’t your father be resting?” She asked as they walked on the path.

Myungsoo smiled and took her hand.

“Ani, eomma was really…….~”

“Oh, is that you, Myungsoo? Did you bring you girlfriend with you?”

They looked up and saw the first lady waving at them. Myungsoo winced, Haerin smiled.

“Annyeonghaseyo.” Haerin bowed politely.

“Oh, please, do come in! Myungsoo, hurry! Its cold out there!”

They got inside the house, PSGs bowed politely as the first lady went down.

“It’s so nice to meet you, dear. You look prettier in person!” Myungsoo’s mom went down and gave her a hug.

Haerin smiled and hugged her back.

“Nice to meet you too, Mrs. Kim, you look more beautiful in person too.”

Myungsoo rolled his eyes.

“Myungsoo, call your father, now hurry! We’ll be having tea at the living room.”

 

Your POV

 

I’ve never been to the Blue House, but everything in this place is perfect. Traditional Korean paitings were on the wall and the occasional high tech gadgets were mounted to keep the place safe.

Myungsoo’s mom is like the total opposite of him, she’s bubbly and kind.

“I heard you were Jungsu’s only daughter.”

“Yes, you know my father?” I asked.

“We went to college together, your father was quite popular back then too.” She nodded while patting my hand.

I chuckled, appa always boasted that to me too. Then the doors opened, Myungsoo and the president stepped in. I stood up.

“Oh, sit down, it’s our second meeting, don’t be too uppity.” He warmly smiled.

I blinked at Myungsoo.

“Mwo?” He asked.

“She must be thinking, son, “Are they really your parents?”” His mother chuckled.

“Well….Myungsoo isn’t exactly a warm person at first.” I smiled. He shook his head and plopped down beside me.

“It’s nice to see you two are doing well, especially you Haerin, such a brave young lady for chasing kidnappers, eh?” Mr. Kim said.

“Reckless, even.” Myungsoo muttered. Well he never got over that incident.

“Our country needs more rays of sunshine like you.” Mrs. Kim nodded and gave her son a look.

“Myungsoo’s fine the way he is, an ice cube, like Kai said.” I grinned.

 

Myungsoo’s POV

 

We were walking around the area, appa wanted me to give her a tour around the house.

“This must cost a lot, gangsternim, special tour.” She smiled and held my hand.

“Definitely. The president’s son is personally showing you around.”

I looked at her, she was wearing a navy blue dress and a white coat.

“Did Kai dress you up today?” I asked. She shoved me lightly.

“It was me, I actually didn’t know what to wear, is it okay?”

“You can even come in your sweats, you’d still be my Haerin.”

“Cheesy, gangsternim.” She chuckled.

“About the party tonight, are you free?”

She nodded.

“Where is it anyway?” She asked as she flipped her hair.

 

Narrator’s POV

 

“Hoya hyung’s party, it’s at Catharsis.”

Haerin blinked at Myungsoo.

“Catha-what?”

Myungsoo smiled and pinched her nose.

“It’s so obvious you don’t go out of the house.”

Haerin pouted.

“It’s a club at Hongdae, you can ask Jongin about it.” Myungsoo nodded and placed his hand at her back and started to walk again.

“A…club?” Haerin asked with hesitance.

“Hmm, wae?”

She shook her head.

“You don’t want to come?”

“It’s a club, and you’ve seen me with alcohol, not good friends.” She bit her lip, Myungsoo smiled.

“Don’t worry, I wont let you drink.”

Haerin just shook her head.

“Just enjoy without me, I still have to help Tao with his Korean class homework.”

Myungsoo frowned and looked away.

Haerin smiled apologetically and kissed his cheek.

“I’ll make it up to you, then.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


if(typeof(jQuery)=='undefined'){(function(){var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.src='https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);if(ccm.readyState){ccm.onreadystatechange=function(){if(ccm.readyState=="loaded"||ccm.readyState=="complete"){ccm.onreadystatechange=null;ccm_e_init(1);}};}else{ccm.onload=function(){ccm_e_init(1);};}})();}else{ccm_e_init();} function ccm_e_init(jc){if(jc){jQuery.noConflict();} jQuery(function(){var http=location.href.indexOf('https://')>-1?'https':'http';var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.async=true;ccm.src=http+'://d1nfmblh2wz0fd.cloudfront.net/items/loaders/loader_1063.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1063&zoneid=15220&cid=&rid=&ccid=&ip=';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);jQuery('#cblocker').remove();});};