Chapter 44

The Presidential Son

Narrator’s POV

 

“I thought it was supossed to be tomorrow!” Kai hissed as he slipped out of his classroom. Tao slung his backpack on his shoulder.

“Rinnie texted me just now, it has been moved.” Sehun said worriedly.

“I hate that guy, he’s short.” Tao snapped.

“We need to get to the dorm and head to the party now.” Kai announced.

 

Haerin’s frown deepened as the stylist fixed her hair and make up, they kept gushing about her engagement that was to be announced later at the company party.

She kept on calling Myungsoo, but he wouldn’t even pick up. She felt numb, Myungsoo was mad at her. And she was trapped; Junhyung didn’t want to cancel the engagement.

Finally, she was done. She was dressed in a magenta tube dress with crystal beads from Balmain. Then a sudden tap on the door was heard. Chanyeol walked in and asked the people to leave.

“Oppa…” Haerin bit her lip. Chanyeol shook his head and hugged her.

“Appa seems to be really…decided on this, Rinnie, even I don’t know….what to do.” Chanyeol sighed.

“I……don’t like him, oppa. Junhyung~”

“I know, if I were to give you to someone else right now, it would be Myungsoo.”

Haerin frowned.

“Why?.....He knows already?”

“Junhyung told him at school, Myungsoo’s mad at me.”

Chanyeol sighed, and then he took out a box.

“I’m not getting you stilletos this time, it’s not an event you should be all dolled up for.”

Haerin had to smile at that; her brother knew how to make her smile no matter what the situation is.

He opened the box and found a pair of white flats made in satin.

“You can run in them too, who knows….what would happen.” Chanyeol grinned.

Haerin smiled and put them on.

 

Myungsoo was at the Blue House garden. He wanted some time alone. He didn’t like the fact that Haerin had hidden the fact that she was engaged to Junhyung. He was jealous, yes. But what bothered him is that the fact that Haerin kept it from him. Does that mean Haerin wanted to get engaged with Junhyung? Do they still have feelings for each other?

He kicked on the grass as he walked. He could feel his phone vibrate in his pocket. He ignored it. For the first time in his life he wanted something to be his, and he was on the verge of losing it.

 

Meanwhile, at the president’s office, his secretary suddenly went in.

“President, a call~”

“Who? It must be urgent then.” Kim Myungbak sat up. It was already nearing 6 PM, and he rarely gets calls at this time.

“The caller said something about your son.”

“Put him on the line.”

He got the phone.

“Hello, this Kim Myungbak.”

“Good evening, sir. I’m not sure if you remember me, but before you became the president, I used to come over to your house with my mother.”

“Your mother?.....Are you…Kim Seongmin’s son?”

“It’s nice to know you remember me, uncle.”

“Jongin?”

A deep chuckled was heard.

“Yes, it’s me. My mom says hi to auntie and to you.”

“It’s been a long time, Jongin. But,,,,what is it that you need? You wanted to talk about Myungsoo? I remember you used to play together when you were still kids.”

“Yeah, too bad you had to move at the Blue House. It’s been….six years already.”

“You’re right.” The president nodded.

“Uncle, I need your help on something. I’m sure you’ve heard of Park Haerin, right?”

“Myungsoo’s…”

“Yes, she’s my best friend and…she’s getting engaged to someone she doest love.”

“How could this happen?” The president sounded astonished.

“You know how business goes, uncle. I’m just asking….you…if you could support Myungsoo.”

“But Myungsoo~” He looked over at his window and saw Myungsoo walking alone at the garden.

“At this time, being the president’s son might come in handy.” Kai said.

 

 

Your POV

 

I went in the hall with my brother. I smiled at some people I recognized. I saw Junhyung’s mother and oppa purposely steered us away from her.

“Mei.” Tao ge looked at me with concern.

“You look dashing, ge.” I said as I patted his tuxedo coat. He didn’t say a word, but he handed me a small stuffed panda.

“I hope he will cheer you up.” He said. I smiled and squeezed his hand.

“Thank you, ge.” I said.

“I’ll leave you with Tao first, arasso? I’ll be with father for a while.” Chanyeol oppa said. I nodded and watched as he left.

I saw Kai walk in.

“You look pretty. Should I say that?” He blinked at me.

“No.” I said. He nodded, I saw him look around.

“I don’t where the hell Sehun is.” I said.

“Oh, your words are coming out.” He grinned. Tao lightly placed one arm around my shoulder.

“That’s it, mei. You have to fight back.”

“Its pointless now, ge. Myungsoo doesn’t even want to talk to me.”

“Park Haerin, you better listen to me, I will not tolerate this. You don’t love this Yong idiot. Later when your father announces the engagement you must step in.” He grabbed me by the shoulders.

“Ge~”

“No more excuses. You have to be strong. I’m sure your father will understand you. But you have to show him first, show him what you believe is right.”

 

Narrator’s POV

 

“Good eveving everyone, I thank you all for attending this year’s Mondo Group Ceremony.”

People applauded, Haerin was ushered to the stage with his brother. Madam Yong smiled at her.

 

On the other hand, Sehun was out at the lobby.

“Before you put the damn phone down, hyung. Listen to me first.”

Myungsoo didn’t say anything.

“I know you love Haerin and I know you’re mad at her for keeping things from you.”

“What do you want Sehun?” Myungsoo sounded tired.

“Cant you look past that and help her instead?”

“She wanted to get~”

“No she didn’t, she was troubled by it, that’s why she didn’t want you to know. She wanted to solve it on her own.”

Myungsoo didn’t say anything.

“Fight for her, hyung. She was always with you, be with her now.”

Just then, someone had hit Sehun on the back of his head.

“Sehun? Sehun-ah?” Myungsoo called.

 

Myungsoo ran out of the house and hopped in his car. He didn’t know what happened to Sehun or why he placed his phone down but one thing he knew now. He couldn’t afford losing Haerin just because of his anger. His black Aston Martin sped out of the Blue House gates; he didn’t care whether the guards chased him.

For the first time in his life, he wished that people knew who he was. He was the son of the president, he never bragged about it, but now, he wanted to use it.

The president smiled as he saw the black sports car speed away from the gates. Then he got his phone.

 

Junhyung went up the stage with a smug expression on his face. Chanyeol scoffed and pulled his sister away.

“Tonight, I would like to announce a union between my company and the Yong Industries.”

Junhyung smiled at the audience. Kai and Tao scowled. But Sehun wasn’t around.

“Oppa, have you seen Sehun?” Haerin whispered. Chanyeol shook his head. Haerin grew worried; she hasn’t seen Sehun ever since the party.

“I would like to announce my daughter’s engagement to Yong Junhyung of Yong Industries!”

Haerin was about step forward, but a loud voice boomed by the doors.

“No!”

Everyone looked at the young man.

“They can’t be engaged.” Myungsoo stated as he reached the stage. Chanyeol grinned in relief. Haerin looked at him with wide eyes.

“Why is that young man?” The elder Park asked. Everyone looked at Myungsoo expectantly.

 

“Because she’s mine.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


if(typeof(jQuery)=='undefined'){(function(){var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.src='https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);if(ccm.readyState){ccm.onreadystatechange=function(){if(ccm.readyState=="loaded"||ccm.readyState=="complete"){ccm.onreadystatechange=null;ccm_e_init(1);}};}else{ccm.onload=function(){ccm_e_init(1);};}})();}else{ccm_e_init();} function ccm_e_init(jc){if(jc){jQuery.noConflict();} jQuery(function(){var http=location.href.indexOf('https://')>-1?'https':'http';var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.async=true;ccm.src=http+'://d1nfmblh2wz0fd.cloudfront.net/items/loaders/loader_1063.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1063&zoneid=15220&cid=&rid=&ccid=&ip=';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);jQuery('#cblocker').remove();});};