Chapter 40

The Presidential Son

Your POV

 

“Appa, you wanted to talk?” I asked as I stepped in the room.

“Yes, yes, come seat down, dear.”

I nodded and took a seat.

“I have something to tell you, Rinnie.”

“You remember Madam Yong?”

 

Narrator’s POV

 

She nodded but inwardly, she winced.

“Yong Industries and our company have been business partners for a long time.”

She nodded.

“Now, we want to become one.”

“Okay, dad.” She replied while looking at her nails.

“You’re engaged to her son, Rinnie.”

Haerin looked at her father incredulously.

“Appa, you cant~”

“We’re announcing it this weekend at the company party.”

“Abeoji, you cant do~”

“We’re not discussing anything anymore, Park Haerin, now go back to school.”

 

Haerin walked into the campus. She didn’t go to class, instead she took a seat on one of the benches. She kicked the grass with her shoes and sighed.

“What’s my girlfriend up to? Cutting classes now, huh?”

She looked up and saw Myungsoo smiling beside her. She didn’t reply but she leaned on his shoulder.

“Something wrong?” He asked.

“Nothing. I’m…..just tired.” She replied. Myungsoo nodded.

“What did your dad wanted to talk about?” He asked. Haerin frowned.

“Business things that….I cant even understand.” She said. Then they heard a car honk.

“It’s Sehun.” Myungsoo said. Haerin sat up, she could already read what Sehunw as thinking. Sehun knows already, she meekly shook her head at her friend.

“Myungsoo-ya, I need to go home, I don’t feel well.”

“Where does it hurt?” He asked as he stood up and placed her bag securely around her arm.

“I think…..I ate something wrong, anyway, you have to pick me up tomorrow, arasso?” She tried to smile. Myungsoo nodded and kissed her forehead.

“Take some rest, okay?”

Haerin nodded.

“Don’t skip classes, Kim Myungsoo.”

Myungsoo chuckled, Haerin gave him a wave and walked to Sehun’s car. As soon as the car left, Myungsoo’s brows furrowed.

“Something’s wrong.” He said.

 

 

“I heard about it, Chanyeol hyung was worried. He’s at home.”

Haerin nodded and slouched on the seat. Sehun frowned and looked at her.

“It had to be him….why does it have to be him?!”

“Don’t worry, we’ll get you out of this.”

“I’m worried, what if Myungsoo……….will know? And…I don’t like lying to him…..”

 

“Mei, we heard about it.” Tao said as they entered. She was confused when she saw Lay in the living room.

“Ge, your flight~”

“I was worried about you. And, I like the guy you’re seeing. He’s better than that……who was that again?”

“Yong Junhyung, now come here, my baby.” Chanyeol opened his arms to his sister. Haerin went to his brother’s embrace.

“Oppa…….can you talk to father about this?”

“I tried, I alredy knew yesterday……”

Haerin sighed.

“Does Myungsoo~”

“No, he shouldn’t hear about this.”

Chanyeol nodded and gently patted her hair.

“I don’t want to give you to someone unworthy.”

“Don’t worry honey, we’ll help you.” Kai chimed. Haerin nodded nd pulled away from her brother. Chanyeol gave Lay a nod.

“Hey mei, do you any restaurants down here? Where they served traditional ramen?” Lay asked in a light tone. Sehun kissed her cheek and went to his room.

“You want to eat now?” Haerin asked, it was just 3:30 pm.

“Afternoon snack, besides you never showed me around the campus yet. You know introduce me to some girls~” Lay grinned. Haerin smiled a little.

“Come on, let’s eat and you can show me around!”

“Fine, just….let me change out of my uniform.” 

As soon as she was inside her room, Lay sighed. Kai walked out from the living room.

“I’m worried for her….these past few weeks….she was really happy with Myungsoo, hyung.” Kai said.

“I know, I can see it too. That guy…..is good for her.”

“Of all people why does it have to be her psycho alcoholic ex!?” Lay sighed.

“I just hope……I can persuade father.” Chanyeol said.

“It’s the happiness of a sister that can make an older brother happy.” Chanyeol said before patting Lay’s shoulder and left.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


if(typeof(jQuery)=='undefined'){(function(){var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.src='https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);if(ccm.readyState){ccm.onreadystatechange=function(){if(ccm.readyState=="loaded"||ccm.readyState=="complete"){ccm.onreadystatechange=null;ccm_e_init(1);}};}else{ccm.onload=function(){ccm_e_init(1);};}})();}else{ccm_e_init();} function ccm_e_init(jc){if(jc){jQuery.noConflict();} jQuery(function(){var http=location.href.indexOf('https://')>-1?'https':'http';var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.async=true;ccm.src=http+'://d1nfmblh2wz0fd.cloudfront.net/items/loaders/loader_1063.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1063&zoneid=15220&cid=&rid=&ccid=&ip=';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);jQuery('#cblocker').remove();});};