9

Regeneration

 

Junhong had the ability to shovel food into his mouth at a speed that was faster than I had ever seen anyone do it ever before. I had found the boy sulking in a secluded corner of the school during lunch a few days earlier and I learned that he had no food and no money to buy some either. I inwardly cursed my sense of compassion. Then I took him out to buy him something to eat.

"Slow down," I chuckled when I saw him struggle to swallow another piece of meat that he hadn't chewed properly. He barely even took the time to breathe while he ate. It was as if he was afraid I would take his food away from him if he didn't devour it fast enough. We had made sort of a habit out of eating together in one of the empty classrooms around the school, preferably the one I was going to teach my class in after the lunch break.

As usual Junhong finished his lunch before me and he just kind of sat there looking around the room with his big, round eyes. Usually he didn't really speak to me, but today he did. "So what do I have to do?" he asked out of nowhere. I furrowed my brow in confusion and he took a deep breath before elaborating: "You've been paying for my meals so I assume you want something in return. What do I have to do?"

"You don't have to do anything, I'm just being nice." I reached out to ruffle up his hair. He flinched away from my hand. It ended up hovering awkwardly in the air for a bit until I pulled it back and rested it in my lap. I continued eating my cafeteria food, pretending that nothing had happened. I heard him mutter a quiet 'thank you'. He wasn't looking at me, but still I smiled.

Things grew quiet again since I was eating and it didn't seem like Junhong wanted to talk to me anyway, so I wasn't going to force him. This boy obviously had a lot of problems and I wanted to help him, but I knew that nothing good would come out of bombarding him with questions. That would most likely make things worse and that was not what I wanted.

"Who's this?" Junhong suddenly asked. I raised my gaze look at him and saw that he had picked up the picture frame on my desk. I smiled. It was a picture of Himchan that I had taken a few years earlier. We had been goofing around with a camera and he was making faces at me and of course I had snapped a few shots of him while he wasn't paying attention. He was incredibly vain so he had demanded that I destroyed the pictures as soon as he saw how they came out. Of course I disobeyed him and had one of them framed and I brought it with me to work every day because it made me smile.

"Himchan," I answered. "He's my fiancé." I felt my heart swell with joy. I was so happy that I was able to call him that.

"He's pretty."

I ran my thumb affectionately over the image when the boy handed the picture frame back to me. "I love him more than anything," I murmured. The smile on my face quickly faded, though. I couldn't stop thinking about how much of a horrible person I was. My fiancé was forcing himself not to eat lunch because we couldn't afford it yet I had no problem spending money on this boy that I barely even knew. I couldn't stand to see one of my kids starving, though.

A bell indicated that the lunch break was over. Junhong got up from his seat and bowed repeatedly to me as he thanked me for the food once again. I brushed him off with a casual wave of my hand, telling him it was nothing, but he bowed a few more times before running off to get to his next class. I stared down at the leftovers on my plate and felt disgusted with myself. I decided that I would steal some more fruit from the teacher's lounge before I went home.

 

 

The rest of the day was uneventful. I taught my classes, exchanged a few words with some of my colleagues and then I went home. I was excited to see Himchan again. No matter how much time we spent together I always missed him when we were apart. We had been an official couple for almost seven years, but I was still just as much in love with him as I had been in the beginning of our relationship, if not more.

I always felt like it took way to long for me to get home. The fact that I was impatient didn't make it any better and when I reached our apartment complex about forty minutes later I almost ran up all the stairs. The moment I stepped through the front door Himchan shot up from the couch and he was in my arms in no time. "I missed you," he mumbled into my shirt and I held him tightly.

"I missed you too." I pulled back so I could press my lips against his. He slipped his tongue into my mouth first. His kisses left a very familiar taste in my mouth and it didn't take me long to identify what it was. I wrinkled my nose. "You've been smoking," I commented, a bit surprised.

He pursed his lips as he nodded. "It makes me forget that I'm hungry." He said it as if it was no big deal even though it kind of was. I had sat through many of his monologues about the disadvantages of smoking so I knew how much he despised it. He didn't allow me to respond, though, he just pressed our lips together again. He ped my jacket and pushed it off my shoulders, making it land on the floor with a thud. Not once did he break the kiss. I tried to push him away so I could pick up my jacket, but his fingers were tangled in my hair and he wouldn't let me. "Leave it," he mumbled against my lips and I was slightly alarmed. He was acting so unlike himself.

"But..."

He shook his head. "Leave it," he repeated firmly. That was when I noticed the look in his eyes, a dark look that told me exactly what he wanted. He smiled briefly before connecting our lips against and I allowed him to pull me with him to the bedroom.

 

*****

 

A/N: nope, yongguk isn't cheating, he would never cheat on himchan. he's stupid for using their money like that, granted, but he's not a cheater. :b also, this story has no , so don't get your hopes up. >:3
waipeu is rather unhappy these days (for personal reasons) so it would be very, very nice if you beautiful readers could leave us lots and lots of pretty comments to cheer waipeu up, okay? n___n 와이프 사랑해용~ ♥