22

Regeneration

 

I was sitting in the kitchen while my mother was cooking dinner. She liked it when I came out of my room and spent time with her. I, however, kept getting distracted by my phone. Yongguk was texting me and every time I saw his name on my phone my face would light up. My jaw was starting to hurt from all the smiling. I felt like a teenager again.

My mother put a place in front of me and I looked down to see a fresh cookie. I smiled and broke the chocolate glory in half and stuffed it in my mouth. “You seem happy. That’s new.”

“Gukkie told me I looked beautiful yesterday.” I blushed slightly and tried to ignore her stare as I typed a ‘thank you’ into the message box. I could barely fight back a giggle as I looked at the words on my screen. I looked like hell and he still thought I was beautiful.

She sat down in the chair across from me and stared at me. I could tell she was judging. I supposed that was understandable though. I’d spent the last few weeks drinking and being miserable because of Yongguk and suddenly he we were talking again. “Are you seeing him again?”

I shook my head and smiled when my phone vibrated again. I checked it and had to cover my mouth Did it hurt when you fell from heaven? he was using cheesy pick up lines on me and it made me feel like king of the world. “He’s just complimenting me~.”

Jaehyo reached over and grabbed my phone from me and looked down at the text message. “Oh my God, really?” He glared and I stole my phone back. “Stop texting him Himchan.”

“You can’t make me.” I continued texting Yongguk and listened to my mother and best friend catch up. I heard him lie about having a relationship (because he was most definitely in some sort of weird thing with our pet fish) and I scoffed at him. “He’s dating the one that’s coming over later.” I mumbled and then whined when my best friend reached out and punched me right where the bruises from Yongguk were. Those needed to heal fast. “They’ve been exclusive for two years but they refuse to admit it.”

“You,” he pointed at me in case I had forgotten to whom he was speaking, “are a liar.” He stuffed the rest of my cookie in his mouth and made stupid faces at me. I rolled my eyes and then went back to ignoring the two of them so I could text Yongguk instead. He kept sending me cute messages and it took everything in me not to squeal out loud each time I read his words. “You should pay attention to me. I’m your guest.”

“You’re hardly a guest anymore Jaehyo. I’ve known you for nine years.”

“You are a terrible best friend. You should treat me better.”

“I treat you fine. You are so needy, Ahn Jaehyo.”

He glared at me again and stole my phone before giving it to my mother. I whined softly but she put it in her pocket anyway. I wanted to continue texting Yongguk but they were making me be social. “Be nicer to Jaehyo. He’s stuck by you through a lot.” I glared at my best friend again and he seemed more self-satisfied than ever. My mother’s words were just what he had needed. “You can text your ex-boyfriend after your friends go home.” I pouted but it had no affect.

 

My father finally sent my idiot best friend and Daehyun home after he caught them making out in the bathroom. Had he shown up even a minute later he probably would have seen more of Jaehyo than he would ever want. I took great pleasure in flipping the two of them off as I closed the door. They weren’t allowed to screw at my parents’ place.

“Daehyun-goon seems like a nice boy.” My mother told me as she cleaned dishes. I had offered to help but she was having none of it. “I don’t know who they think they’re fooling though.” She rinsed some cups off and put them in the cabinet. She did dishes the exact same way I did and I had found it strange when I had first moved in. I didn’t remember ever washing her do dishes before I had moved out.

I reached over the counter and stole my phone away and flipped it open to see that Yongguk had sent me a selca. He was somewhere in his apartment and pouting and it was one of the cutest things I had ever seen. He liked to pretend he was a big bad rapper but I knew better. “I don’t think they’re officially anything. Daehyun is stupid about relationships. His parents gave him some sort of complex or something.”

She nodded her head but didn’t say anything further. I took a picture of myself sticking my tongue out and then sent it to him. I figured it was a fair trade. My phone vibrated and I nearly fell out of my chair in excitement. Cuter than a button.

“Are you getting back with that rapper, Himchan?” My father was suddenly behind me and my phone was stolen away from me again. I whined as he thumbed through the messages between the two of us and turned bright red at the traumatised look on his face “Are you sure he’s a rapper?”

“Yes. He’s a very good rapper. And we’re starting over so we’ll see where it goes. I’m not entirely opposed to getting back together if that’s where this goes.” I shrugged my shoulders and pulled the device back. I didn’t want him to find some of the less safe for work messages Yongguk and I had sent each other when we had been together. “He told me that he didn’t really cheat and that it was a misunderstanding.”

My father sighed and sat down in the chair next to mine. He closed his eyes and put his hands on my knees. “Himchan, of course he said he didn’t cheat. He’s not going to admit to it. You can’t just believe people like him.”

I looked down at my phone but didn’t respond to my father. I believed Yongguk and I knew that I should have talked to him before accusing him in the first place. I didn’t think I was doing anything wrong by trying to make things work again. He made me happiest. Surely my parents could understand that.

“I don’t want to see your heart get broken again Himchan. It’s hard watching your son be unhappy and drink himself to death. I just want you to be happy and I think this is a terrible idea.”

______

Here have this update.
I'm doing homework now so I don't really have anything to say. 
Daehyo is in this chapter. 
Yongguk is disgusting
Himchan likes that Yongguk is disgusting