41

Regeneration

 

The next time Himchan invited himself over to the school for lunch he brought kimbap again and twice as many cherry tomatoes as the last time he was there. "Why does it seem like you're trying to win Junhong's heart?" I asked playfully as we made our way down one of the less crowded hallways. "Do you like him more than me? Are we over?"

It was lucky that both of his hands were occupied - one of them holding the picnic basket, one of them holding mine - or else I would have probably earned myself a slap for that comment. Instead Himchan settled for glaring at me. "Shut up, I just want the boy to like me, that's all."

I looked around to make sure no one was watching us. Then I stopped my boyfriend so I could pull him in for a kiss. "He would be stupid not to like you," I muttered and I smiled when he flushed bright red. I liked having that effect on him. "Anyone would be stupid not to like you. You're the most perfect person in the whole world."

"Oh my God, stop." This time he forcefully tore his hand out of my grip so he could slap my chest and he hid his face in my shirt right afterwards. "What is wrong with you? You're being so disgusting," he whined. I merely laughed and pressed my lips into his hair. After a few moments I continued walking, pulling him along with me.

We entered the classroom and I paused when I saw that Junhong wasn't alone. There was a short boy with him who seemed to be around the same age and they were laughing until they noticed me and my boyfriend standing there. The new boy's eyes flickered to Junhong with uncertainty clearly shining from them, but he seemed to relax quite a bit when he saw that the other was smiling. "Who's your friend, Junhong-ah?" I asked as we approached the two of them. I had seen the kid around school, but he wasn't in any of my classes so I didn't know his name.

"This is Jongup and he has no friends because he's stupid, can he eat with us?" The new boy - whose name was apparently Jongup - didn't even blink at the blunt insult.

I exchanged a look with Himchan, then looked at the two boys in front of me again. "Calling someone stupid isn't a very nice thing to do, Junhong-ah," I muttered. "I'm sure Jongup doesn't appreciate it very much either." The newcomer just shrugged, shooting me a bright grin. I couldn't help but smile as well. It was very contagious. He seemed like a nice kid. "But of course he can eat with us."

Junhong practically beamed. He pulled up a chair for each of them and instructed the other to sit down. It both amazed and concerned me how obedient Jongup was, but I chose not to say anything about it. Himchan walked up to the teacher's desk and placed his trusty picnic basket on it. He gave the two boys a slight wave. "Hello, I'm Himchan," he introduced himself to Jongup, who bowed awkwardly from his chair.

"I'm Jongup."

"I already said that, stupid," Junhong muttered before the other had even had the chance to finish his sentence. I shot the younger a stern glance. He hung his head dejectedly.

"It's very nice to meet you, Jongup." Himchan sent him a friendly smile, which Jongup reciprocated a bit sheepishly. My boyfriend began pulling out various boxes of food, starting with the cherry tomatoes, which Junhong grabbed right away and once again he declared Himchan the best hyung of all the hyungs. Himchan seemed a bit hesitant when it came to taking out the kimbap, though. "I made the food all by myself this time," he stated. "I'm not sure if it's any good."

"I'm sure it's just fine, Chan-ah," I smiled and gestured towards the chair I had pulled up for him to make him sit down. He still seemed uneasy.

I grabbed one of the pieces of kimbap with my chopsticks - I noticed that my boyfriend was still eyeing the way I was holding my utensils with a skeptical glance but I ignored him - and took a closer look at it. It didn't look at neat as the last time he had made it from scratch, but it didn't look like something that would kill me either. With a shrug I stuffed it into my mouth. All three of them stared at me as I chewed slowly. "How is it?" Himchan asked almost breathlessly.

I pulled a grimace. His face fell. Then I grinned. "It's really good, Chan-ah," I cooed. He made an incredulous expression and then slapped me on the arm. I didn't even protest. I knew I probably deserved that. After my confirmation Junhong happily dug in.

Himchan crossed his arms over his chest with a huff. "You're so mean," he whined.

I scooted my chair closer to his and wrapped one of my arms around his waist. "I'm sorry," I muttered and pressed a kiss to his pouting lips. I picked up another piece of kimbap and held it in front of his mouth and he glared at me for a few seconds before accepting it. I smiled and kissed him on the cheek.

"Don't mind the hyungs when they're tasting each other's spit, they do it all the time," I heard Junhong say. "I usually just try to ignore them when they're being disgusting like that." I turned my head to shoot him a halfhearted glare. He just stuck his tongue out at me.

I went back to feeding Himchan, kissing him once in a while. I made sure to keep it mostly innocent since we weren't alone. If we were there would probably be less feeding and more kissing going on, but there were minors in the room so I made sure to contain myself. Jongup was watching us with obvious fascination until he realized I was looking at him. Then he lowered his head, but not before I noticed the blush creeping over his cheeks.

"You can have some kimbap too if you want," my boyfriend offered with a smile. Jongup visibly lit up and he reached out for one of the boxes, but Junhong moved it out of his reach. A frown etched itself into Jongup's brow and I could feel a similar expression on my own face. Himchan sighed heavily. "Junhong..."

"I'll feed you," the youngest offered and I immediately felt my eyebrows shoot upwards in surprise. I didn't say anything, though. I just watched him pick up food with his chopsticks and he held it in front of the other boy who ate it cheerfully. "We can pretend I'm Yongguk-hyung and you're Himchan-hyung." He glanced at the two of us with a grin.

Jongup frowned and looked thoughtful for a while and then asked: "Do we have to taste each other's spit too?" I nearly choked on the piece of kimbap I had been eating.

 

*****

 

A/N: first appearance of moontos, babam! \o/ and it "only" took 41 chapters to introduce him.
banghim are being disgusting as usual. himchan made kimbap, junhong made friends. it's all good~
I have nothing else to say other than thank you for all your comments, we love you all. ♥ T^T
see you on monday (unless you're subscribed to "everybody loves jongin", then I'll see you tomorrow)! :D