52

Regeneration

 

When Yongguk and I returned to Seoul we had a string of bad luck. First he got sick – leading to me telling him that it was because he hadn’t listened to me – and then when I went to go get him soup from the store I tripped in a pothole and fractured my ankle. I successfully managed to get him the soup but then the second he fell asleep I had to call Jaehyo to take me to the emergency room to get a cast.

“You fell in a hole?” He raised his eyebrow at me. I could tell that this whole situation was humorous to him. He was that sort of person. “Why didn’t you just make Yongguk soup at the apartment?”

I shot him a glare and used my good leg to jump up into the car. “He’s already sick. I don’t want to finish him off.” He put my crutches in next to me and shut the door behind me. I flipped him off as he walked in front of it and swore at him a couple of times when he finally got in the car.

“Did they give Himchanchan some narcotics?” He spoke in a childish voice as he ran his fingers through my messy hair. “Princess isn’t behaving very princessly.”

“You’re one to talk about being a princess. You’re the princess.” I spat, slapping at his hand. They had given me narcotics but I wasn’t about to tell Jaehyo that. That would mean he won. He wasn’t allowed to win.  “I want to go home now. Take me home.”

He chuckled slightly – as though my pain was fun – and nodded his head. “I’ve got to go in to my second job this evening, but I’ll send Daehyun over to check on you and Yongguk tonight.”

“Daehyun?”

My friend blushed just enough for me to see. He usually had no shame at all. I couldn’t even remember the last time he had blushed. “Daehyun and I are together. He changed his mind.” He patted my thigh and refused to answer any questions about it. I wanted to know exactly what had happened – the last time we had talked about Daehyun had been when Jaehyo’s heart had been broken – but he didn’t want to tell me. “Do you want me to help you inside?”

I shook my head. I was sure I could do it myself. He sighed but he didn’t argue with me. He was annoying most of the time but he wasn’t the type to try and make me change my mind. “We’re talking about Daehyun later.”  I pointed at him, glaring slightly. He nodded his head and parked his car. “I’m going to take care of my boyfriend now.”

He was by my car door before I had the chance to open it. “Will Yongguk be in charge of your medication?” He held up the prescription bag, shaking it in my face as he helped me out of the car. “I don’t want you to get addicted or overdose or something.”

I snatched the bag away from him. “Yongguk is ill. I can take care of myself.” I wasn’t going to get addicted to my medication. I wasn’t that type of person and Jaehyo knew that.

 

Taking care of Yongguk while I was on crutches wasn’t the easiest thing in the world. It was a struggle getting to his side when he started coughing but I did my best. In the end I gave up moving around the apartment and just stayed in the bedroom with him. I wore a facemask all day and tended to his needs the best I could.

The doctors had called while I was at the emergency room and left a message telling me that my boyfriend had caught pneumonia. It had to have been from when he’d stayed out for hours searching for something in the water. I still had no idea what he had been looking for.

“Are you hungry at all Guk-ah?” I asked after he had woken up from a nap. He slept most of the day and fortunately the school was understanding. Daehyun came over to look after Yongguk while I went to check up on things at work and each day the principle sent me home with some soup for my boyfriend. “I could heat you up some soup if you like.”

He nodded slightly and I wiped the sweat off of his forehead. I eased myself out of the bed, not taking my eyes off of him until I had made it out of the room. Leaving Yongguk alone in his sick state wasn’t something I enjoyed doing but it was necessary. Fortunately it didn’t take a very long time to heat up some soup.

I had just poured the leftovers into a pot when the front door opened. I cursed Yongguk slightly in my mind for putting the spare key in such a predictable place again. Usually the people that found the key were people I didn’t want to see. More often than not it was one of Yongguk’s rapper friends. “Yongguk?” I cursed again. It was his mother. That was infinitely worse than one of his friends showing up unannounced.

The apartment was a disaster, Yongguk was sick, and I was cooking. She was going to have a field day. “I’m in the kitchen Mrs Bang. I’ll be right out.” It wasn’t that I wanted to see her, but I knew she would be even worse if I tried to ignore her. I was too exhausted to deal with the trouble that would bring me. “I’m sorry about the mess.”

She walked into the kitchen even though I told her I would come out and, from the sound of it, she placed some bags on our table. I turned to face her, keeping on eye on the soup. “Yongguk should be home by now, did he stay late at work?” I was surprised that she didn’t start complaining immediately.

“Gukkie is in the bedroom. He’s got pneumonia.” I braced myself for what she would say to me. I was sure I would leave the conversation feeling like absolute garbage. “He was awake when I came out here to get him some soup, you can go see him if you want. I’ll put the groceries away.” I reached out and grabbed my crutches so I could make my way over to the table. “Thank you very much.”

She shook her head slightly. “I know you two aren’t particularly well off so I figured I could try to help a little. I must have come at a bad time if the apartment looks this way.”

I cringed slightly. I knew she had been waiting to say something about it. “It’s been a hectic week, Ma’am.” I looked down at the ground. It wasn’t a good enough excuse. “I’m sorry.”

She shrugged her shoulders slightly and tried to hand me a bag of chips. I had to adjust myself on my crutches before I could grab it and apparently it took too long because she finally turned around to look at me. “Himchan?”

“I fell.” I managed to grab the bag from her and struggled to get to the pantry so I could put them away. “I’m still trying to figure out how to clean on crutches. I’ll figure it out soon though. I promise.”

______

So bbang did get sick and then himchan broke his ankle. it was a bad week for them and it got worse because bbang's mother showed up. -nods- 
also we got over 400 subscribers jfioklxnjagknzgdhgnskdj

 

So... hopefully you like Jaehyo and if not... opps. I actually set out in search of this last one here but found all the other nice gifs of jaehyo + that nice one of zico. so :D thank you~~~~
leave us nice comments and stuff :D