49

Regeneration

 

The look of pure happiness on my boyfriend's face when he saw the cabin we were going to be staying in for the next few days made it worth every last won I spent on renting it. We had talked about staying at a place like this a few times in the years we had been together, but we had never actually done anything about it until now. I had even called the school to ask for a couple of days off on top of the weekend so I would be able to spend more time with my boyfriend.

Himchan leaned closer to my side, wrapped both arms around my waist and pressed a kiss to my cheek. "It's perfect, Guk-ah," he whispered and the satisfaction was evident in his voice. He rested his chin on my shoulder, still looking at the wooden cabin in front of us. "It's exactly like I had pictured it."

"Nothing but the best for my baby," I responded, nuzzling against the side of his face. He rolled his eyes at my cheesiness, but he didn't say anything about it. I supposed he had gotten used to it by now. "Let's go check out the inside." I slipped my hand into his and began pulling him along with me.

The place wasn't very big. There was a living room slash kitchen with a fireplace in front of the couch and a little dining area, there was a bathroom which, fortunately, had running water - I had made sure of that because I knew Himchan wouldn't like it if it didn't - and there was a bedroom that contained nothing more than a bed and a closet. That was alright with me, though. If you asked me we would be staying in bed for the entire weekend.

Himchan seemed to have other plans. "It says here that there's a lake nearby," he told me as he stood in the kitchen, reading from a handwritten brochure that the guy I rented the place from had left for visitors. "We should go swimming."

"We'll do whatever you want." I approached him and pinned him to the counter he was leaning against with one arm on each side of him to make sure he stayed where he was and he put down the paper he was holding so he could wrap his arms around me instead. "As long as you go in I'm fine with it."

He slapped me playfully on the shoulder. "Do you ever think about anything other than me without clothes on? You're such a ."

"It's a nice thing to think about," I defended myself and quickly killed any potential protests by pressing my lips against his. He didn't even pretend to resist.
 

 

After eating dinner we decided to take a walk to get to know the surrounding area a little. There really was a lake nearby, we found out, and we stood on the shore there and watched the sky turn orange as the sun set behind the trees. I was holding Himchan, pressed against his back with my arms wrapped around his waist and my chin resting on his shoulder, and even though the atmosphere was calm I felt everything but that. To say that my thoughts were chaotic would be an understatement.

"Something is bothering you." I immediately tensed up when my boyfriend broke the silence after a few minutes. When he tried to turn around in my arms to look at me, however, I kept a tight grip on him to prevent him from doing that and he stopped struggling almost right away. We both knew I was stronger than him. "At least tell me what's wrong," he demanded.

"It's... it's nothing for you to worry about." I pressed my lips to a patch of skin behind his ear because that usually seemed to calm him down. It worked this time as well. He relaxed noticeably in my hold. I kissed the same spot again. "Don't worry," I repeated. I couldn't very well tell him about the small, square box that seemed to be burning a hole in my pocket and weighing my entire body down all at once.

"That just makes me more worried." I turned him around so I could kiss him fully on the lips this time. He was pouting at me when I pulled away. "Please tell me, Guk-ah?"

"You'll find out eventually, let's just head back." I took his hand in mine and together we walked back through the cluster of trees. He didn't seem satisfied with my answer. He didn't say anything about it, but I did catch him sneaking suspicious glances at me more than once. He remained quiet.

When we reached the cabin it was almost completely dark. The stars had come out and that gave me an idea. I told Himchan to go get a blanket since the air was a bit chilly and while he did so I carried the small loveseat from the porch to the middle of the open space in front of the cabin. We sat down together and I wrapped the blanket Himchan had fetched around both of us. He curled up to my side with his head resting on my shoulder and sitting like that we stared up into the clear night sky.

"It's really pretty out here," he said in a quiet voice almost as if he was afraid he would disturb the peace if he spoke any louder than that. I resisted the urge to shoot back a cheesy response and instead I just pressed a kiss against the top of his head. "The stars are really bright."

"They are," I agreed with a nod.

"I know you learned the names of all the constellations. Do you even remember any of them?"

"Not at all." I scowled when he let out a mocking snort. "I learned them like seven years ago, of course I forgot most of them by now." My weak defense didn't seem to have any effect on him at all. I let out a sigh, furrowing my brow. "I'm sorry I don't have anything to impress you with." It made me feel so useless. I still didn't understand what he was doing with me.

His smug smirk faded away and he rotated in my hold so he could press kisses up my neck and throat. I shuddered slightly when he a hickey somewhere on my jaw. "You don't need anything to impress me with, Guk-ah," he whispered directly into my ear and the huskiness of his voice made me shiver even more. "You being you is more than enough."

I grinned. "Now who's being disgusting?" I saw him rolling his eyes right before he pressed his lips against mine and even though I was pretty sure he was kissing me mostly to make me shut up I had no problem with kissing him back.

 

*****

 

A/N: and here is some more banghim disgustingness, yush! \o/ yongguk and himchan went on a vacation, they're going to be staying in a nice cabin in the woods for some days. :D here they can be as disgusting and romantic as they want to without anyone judging them. oh, and I think you all know what "the small, square box" is, hm? ;3
I have nothing else to say. mbye! ♥