57

Regeneration

 

Jaehyo gawked at the large letters that were scribbled across the cast on Himchan's leg. My fiancé's best friend had been sitting in that same position for the past five minutes or so, bent over slightly and just staring at the words 'will you marry me?' that I had written on the plaster just a few days earlier. Once in a while he would inhale a sharp breath as if he was going to say something, but then he would go right back to staring, mouth hanging wide open (the last part was nothing new, though).

Even though he was not my favorite person in the world I was still starting to worry about him a little bit. He had been unmoving for a pretty long time. I was contemplating asking about his well-being, but Daehyun decided to do it before I had the chance to. "Are you alright?" he muttered as he nudged his boyfriend in the side with his elbow and there was genuine concern in his tone.

The other lifted his gaze to stare at us instead, looking back and forth between me and Himchan. "This... is a new low," he said slowly. "I didn't think it was humanly possible for you to be any more disgusting than you already were, but clearly I was wrong." He sat up straight. "Congratulations, you have managed to outdo yourself. This is by far the most disgusting thing you have ever done." I sputtered indignantly, unable to retort at the time being, but even if I had been able to say anything the sound of the others laughing raucously would have most likely drowned me out.

"It's romantic, shut up!" Himchan exclaimed glaring daggers at Zico and Hanhae, who were both doubled over in laughter, before he buried his blushing face by my shoulder. I was kind of starting to regret inviting our friends out for drinks to tell them the big news. They were supportive of our engagement as they had been the last time as well (with the exception of maybe Daehyun), but when they heard how I popped the question they all cringed visibly. It didn't really bother me, though. All that mattered to me was that Himchan and I were engaged again. We were going to get married. As sort of an afterthought I leaned down to press my lips against his hair.

"Did you tell your parents about it yet?" Daehyun wanted to know. He was the only one who wasn't either howling with laughter or shocked into silence. It wasn't that much of a secret that none of our parents had really approved of our relationship up until now, our friends knew that.

"Himchan called my mother and told her about it immediately after it had happened," I explained. I still found myself thinking that it was kind of scary how close those two of them had grown seemingly out of nowhere in such a short amount of time. It was kind of nice too, though. "And Himchan's father already knew that I was going to propose."

At the sound of those words my fiancé lifted his head to look up at me, eyes wide in surprise. "He did?" I grimaced. It occurred to me that I had forgotten to tell him exactly where I had acquired the money to buy his ring. I quickly explained how I had met with his father to ask for his hand in marriage and how his father had given me that cheque. Tears welled up in Himchan's eyes before I was done talking. "That's so nice of him," he mumbled and sniffled.

"Your father is terrifying, but he can be nice when he wants to be," I responded, tilting Himchan's chin up so I could press my lips against his forehead and then his lips.

"Well, here's to the engagement actually lasting this time around." Zico raised his glass and shot me a grin, completely ignoring the way I was glaring at him as if I wanted him to disintegrate. He was probably used to that anyway. "And let's hope me and Youngjae never become as nausea-inducing as you two."

The last part earned him a scoff from Youngjae, who was sitting next to him, this time only mildly intoxicated in comparison to the last time we had seen him. "Trust me, that is never going to happen," he declared loudly to assure all of us. "I won't allow it."

Zico slung an arm around the younger male's shoulders and he pressed his lips against his cheek. "Are you sure about that, shnookums?" he cooed in a disgustingly sugary voice. I only felt a little bad about laughing when Youngjae punched him in the crotch.


 

We had barely managed to stumble through the front door before Himchan slammed it shut and used his body to pin me against it. The back of my head collided with the hard surface a bit too roughly and it made me wince. I was sure I was going to feel the after effects of that in the morning, but at the moment I could only focus on the way one of Himchan's hands was slowly sliding its way up my chest under my shirt while he nibbled on my neck. "You... your foot," I slurred, because even though his other hand was clumsily trying to gain access to my pants at the moment I still worried about his injury. "Careful."

"Shh!" He had slipped his hand up through the neck opening of my shirt to press a finger to my lips and he tried to get his eyes to focus on me. He had had quite a bit more to drink than me that night and it was very obvious. "Don't talking. No talk. Just... no. Stop." I merely continued to stare at his cute, crossed eyes and the way his brow furrowed when he concentrated hard on getting his hand into my underwear somehow.

"We don't have to do this, you know," I muttered when his finger was removed from my lips so his hand could assist the other in its attempt to undress me. I would have helped but he seemed to adamant in his decision of doing it all by himself so I remained passive. It was kind of amusing to watch him struggle anyway.

Himchan glowered and shushed me again. "I def-defidently want your inside of me so... so I will have... that." A triumphant noise escaped him when he finally managed to get my belt buckle open and he ripped the belt from my pants with enough force to almost make him fall over. Luckily I caught him by the waist before that happened. I pulled him to my chest to steady him and halt his movements all at once.

"Well, you can defidently have my inside of you tomorrow, but right now I think it would be better if we went to sleep." He opened his mouth as if he wanted to object, but he was cut off by a yawn. He rubbed his eye, pouting, and I flashed a careful smile. "Okay?"

He nodded, albeit a bit reluctantly. "Okay." I helped him get to the bedroom and I made him lay down. He was snoring before I even managed to get him out of his clothes.

 

*****

 

A/N: another day, another pointless chapter. as usual the friends are disgusted with banghim's digustingness. nothing new there. disgusting banghim is disgusting. drunk himchan is drunk (and kind of cute, I had fun writing that part, to be honest xD). douchey zico is douchey, but he got punched in the crotch so... yeah. it's all good.
if you catch the reference to one of my other fics I threw in here, I officially love you. :D

bye! ♥