60

Regeneration

 

After Yongguk and I both filled out a giant stack of forms Junhong was allowed to move in with us temporarily. The school agreed that he couldn’t live on his own and, after being cursed out by Junhong’s father on the phone, our boss agreed to the living arrangement as well. Junhong seemed more than pleased by the arrangement.  We set him up in our spare bedroom – years earlier it had been cheaper to get a two-bedroom apartment so we had been using it to store some of our friend’s things – and left him to his devices.

Jongup came over nearly every day after school even though his mother told him he wasn’t allowed to see Junhong any longer. Apparently she didn’t pay enough attention to him to realise that he wasn’t coming home until well after dinnertime. The two seemed more than content to hang out in the living room until it was time for the older of the two to return home.

I wanted to take care of them but they were both too old for that. Having them in the house reminded me of how badly I wanted to be a parent. “Yongguk, can we have a baby?” I sat down across the table from my boyfriend while he was helping the kids with their homework. When all three of them looked up at me with shock etched into their features I realised that maybe it hadn’t been the best time to bring it up. It was too late to take it back though. I wanted a baby.

“We, ah… we talked about this already Chan-ah. A few times Baby.” Yongguk mumbled, a blush creeping up on his face, after a few seconds. “Remember? We said we should wait.” I had brought this up several times in the past and he had continuously said no until he had said we could but only after we met a few conditions. 

I pouted and crossed my arms over my chest. “That was over a year ago though. We’re older now and we have money. You said when we were older and weren’t so poor. We fit your specifications for having a baby now.” Yongguk bit his lip after I spoke. He obviously knew that I was right.  “Please?”

Yongguk ran his fingers through his hair, apparently this was stressing him out. I didn’t understand why this was stressful. He gave me requirements; we had met them, so now all he had to do was say yes. “I’ll make a deal with you Chan-ah.” I pouted more, I didn’t like where this was going at all. It wasn’t fair for him to give me more guidelines. I nodded my head anyway. “We can start saving up money now, start a college fund and money for buying baby things. Then we can get married, and then six months after we’re married I promise we’ll start looking in to adoption.”

I thought it over for a couple of seconds – the idea of making him sign a contract may or may not have passed through my mind – before deciding I could accept this. His terms were acceptable. I didn’t want to wait but it wouldn’t kill me to wait a couple more years. “Promise?” He nodded his head and leaned over the table to press a kiss to my forehead. “I’m going to remember Yongguk.”

He kissed my nose and then pulled back just enough so I could see his gummy grin. “I know you will. You always remember.” Then he leaned back in to press our lips together. My hand shot up to his neck out of habit and I pulled him a little bit closer to me.

There was a faint gagging sound in the background and Yongguk pulled away immediately. “Hyungs are gross.” Junhong stuck his tongue out at us and the second Yongguk had sat down again the youngest leaned across the table and pressed his lips against Jongup’s gently. Jongup giggled against his boyfriend’s mouth and then pushed the younger boy back down. “We can be gross too.”

Yongguk rolled his eyes and smacked each boy softly on the shoulder. Jongup smiled sheepishly at him, “Hyung…? Can Junhongie and I…” He trailed off and turned even brighter red than Yongguk.

Yongguk looked confused and moved his hand to indicate that he wanted Jongup to finish the sentence but the short teenager shook his head and refused to meet my boyfriend’s eyes. I stood up and walked over to my boyfriend, pulling at his arm to get him out of the chair. “Guk-ah and I are going to go out on a dinner date, kids. We’ll be back in three hours or so.” I smiled at the two teenagers and Yongguk nodded his head. Apparently he understood now. He grabbed his wallet off and keys off of the counter and practically dragged me out of the apartment. “Jongupie is getting more bold.” I smiled and Yongguk shook his head.

“We’re not talking about it. It’s not happening. We wanted to go out for dinner and we have no idea what the kids are doing.” He nodded his head and continued dragging me. It was probably inappropriate that we allowed them to have the apartment to themselves for that but we knew what it was like trying to sneak around while living with adults. We just turned a blind eye to what they were doing. It was the right thing to do. “Let’s have pizza.”

“Pizza sounds wonderful Guk.” I jerked on his hand so he would slow down and eventually he fell in to stride next to me. I squeezed his hand and he leaned over to kiss the side of my head. “I love you.”

“I love you too.”

We talked about work and Yongguk’s rapping and some music festivals Yongguk had looked up and thought I should audition for the entire way to the pizza restaurant. We rarely ate food like this but we both enjoyed it. We still preferred Korean food and would normally choose that over western food unless one of us had some sort of craving.

We ordered a large pizza and some sodas from a Caucasian male who smiled at our linked hands. He brought us our pizza after a while; smiling at us again before hurrying off to do more work. “I’ll give you the fliers when we get home.” Yongguk told me as he put a slice of pizza on my plate.

When we had finished eating not nearly enough time had passed for it to be safe to return home. I whined when I checked my watch and saw that we had barely used half the time we had promised the kids. “What else can we do?”

Yongguk smiled at me and I was already sure I would have to roll my eyes at him. “There’s a bathroom right over there?” He pointed and smiled even brighter than before. “We could make use of it.”

I had been expecting a bad idea but nothing as terrible as that. I stared at him for a few seconds, hoping to see any sign that he was joking about his suggestion but he showed none. “We’re not messing around in a public bathroom Bang Yongguk.”

“Why?” He tried to pout again. I didn’t know why he kept trying. It never worked. “We did it in high school. Lots of times.”

“That was high school!” I whined. He was holding my past actions against me. I didn’t like it. “We’re older now and know what’s right and wrong.” I felt like we had had this conversation before. It was strangely familiar. “Messing around in public restrooms is bad.”

“Fun though.”

“And illegal.”

“But exciting.”

I shot him a quick glare and he only grinned at me. “Do you have any other suggestions Yongguk?” I raised and eyebrow. When he shook his head I sighed.  Three hours was such a long time but I had wanted to make sure we didn’t come home to any unfortunate sounds, I was regretting it now.

“We could go get the car and park in a parking structure and mess around in the back seat?” He suggested after a while. He was like a teenager. “Or we could just mess around in the back seat of the car in front of our apartment building? Or we could just mess around in the bathroom. Those are all completely acceptable options.” He grabbed my hand and tried to pull me towards the bathroom. I glared at the back of his head and refused to get out of my seat. “Or we could go to Hanhae’s apartment, or Zico’s, or Jaehyo’s. Please?” He whined and tugged on my hand a bit more.

I rolled my eyes at him. “Fine.” He smiled and clapped his free hand against mine.

“Hanhae has a spare bed for us to use. We can go there.” He cheered and before I could react he had tugged on my hand hard enough to pull me to my feet and was dragging me out of the restaurant. 

____

quick note before I'm dragged away again~ So in this chapter jello moves in with the hyungs, gup takes command and says he wants to have touching with jello, and yongguk is infinitely . 

Mother is dragging me all over the place, gross. so pai~ leave comments maybe~?