56

Regeneration

 

Even though I wasn’t allowed to return to work for a while because of my foot I still wanted to see the kids. I managed to talk Yongguk into letting me come up to the school for lunch one day so I could visit with them. I picked up a few things on the way to the school, and –with more effort that I would ever admit to – made my way into Yongguk’s classroom.

Yongguk took my bags from me and Junhong was by my side in a second to help me to a seat. He put me down on Yongguk’s desk, smiling brightly at me before returning to his friend’s side. “Yongguk hyung said you fell in a hole.”

I shot a quick glare at my boyfriend, only receiving a smile in response. I told him not to tell people I’d tripped. That was embarrassing. “He was whining about being hungry so I had to get him soup.” I could embarrass him too. “He said he was dying.”

“I never said that!”

“You said that every time I spoke to you for a week.” I stuck my tongue out, pulling my phone out to show him a recording of himself whining that he was dying. It had been a sad sight but I enjoyed being able to take care of him for a change. “He’s a whiner when he’s sick, kids.”

“Uppie is too.” Junhong smiled, leaning over to press his lips against the shorter male’s lips. Yongguk dropped the plate he was holding and my phone slipped out of my hands. I hadn’t been expecting that at all. Apparently Yongguk hadn’t either. “He had a stuffy nose last week and kept telling me it felt like staring death in the face.”

I hoped my boyfriend would take control of this conversation but he seemed to be in just as much shock as me. “It did feel that way.” Jongup pouted, trying to defend himself against Junhong’s words. “Besides, you didn’t like when I was sick either. You kept saying it felt like waking up in a pond because I drooled too much.”

Junhong wrinkled his nose and I found that I was having an even harder time finding words. I looked up at my boyfriend and he appeared to be having the same struggle. Not only were the kids dating each other they apparently were spending a lot of time in the same bed. “It was! You drooled so much!”

“Junhongie? Jongup?” Yongguk finally managed to make his voice work again. I was more than pleased. “Is there something you want to share with your hyungs?”

Jongup smiled even brighter than usual and moved slightly closer to Junhong. Their fingers laced together and Junhong tried to hide their hands behind his back. “While you two were away doing dating stuffs some of the other kids were really mean to Uppie in the lunch room. They made him cry because they called him stupid and told him that no one liked him and that they never would. It was awful Hyung.” Junhong pouted at the thought and moved even closer to Jongup. “I didn’t like it when Uppie cried, and I wanted to make him happy again. So I told him that I liked him and then yeah.” He smiled again, clearly proud of himself. “Now we’re like Hyungs.”

Yongguk nodded his head, giving himself a couple of seconds to let the information sink in. He couldn’t scold them because we had been Junhong’s age when we started seeing each other, but the kids were both in a very different place than we had been. “You’re sleeping in the same bed?”

“Only temporarily.” Junhong shrugged, it was clearly something he had nothing more to say about.

Jongup didn’t seem to understand that though. “Junhong’s dad had to go to jail for a little while. My mother is letting him stay with us. She doesn’t know we share spit though. Junhong said he doesn’t want to tell our parents.”

Yongguk nodded his head and I continued staring at the boys. All ability to speak seemed to have left me. “Anyway, can I sign your cast Hyung?” Junhong pulled a large purple marker out of his bag and smiled at me as though the previous conversation hadn’t happened.

“Me too!” Jongup clapped his free hand to Junhong’s shoulder and bounced in his seat. “I want to sign too!”

I nodded my head, still unable to fully comprehend the situation around me. The kids grabbed Junhong’s bag of markers and both raced to sit down on the floor in front of my leg. I let them draw for a while in silence before figuring out how to speak again. “Does you liking each other have anything to do with Yongguk and I?” I asked. I knew that Junhong wanted to be just like his Yongguk hyung so it was a reasonable assumption that he would date a male because Yongguk was dating me.

“Nope.” Junhong responded, his eyes still on his work. “I like Uppie because of Uppie. He’s good.”

“Good.” Yongguk crossed his arms over his chest and gave me a look that told me he would want to talk about this later. We both worried about the boys constantly so it was something we needed to discuss. “You promise to treat Jongup well, right Junhong-ah?”

“Of course. That’s a dumb question Hyung.”  Junhong leaned back to look at his art and Jongup only nodded his head. Jongup added a couple more marks on my leg before leaning back on Junhong’s leg. “Uppie and I are done. Do you want to draw too Yongguk hyung?”

Yongguk nodded his head and took one of the markers from Junhong. “Close your eyes Chan-ah?” I rolled my eyes but did as he asked. The kids started giggling while Yongguk wrote and he shushed them. I was sure he was writing something incredibly sappy and gross and that I would have to cover it with something if I didn’t want to die of embarrassment. “Open your eyes?”

I did as instructed once again and Yongguk was smiling up at me. I looked down at my cast to see what he had written and in large letters the words ‘will you marry me?’ graced the side of the plaster. My jaw dropped and when I looked up against Yongguk was on one knee holding a ring in front of me.

I grabbed onto my boyfriend’s shirt and jerked him up so I could press a kiss to his lips. “Of course I will. I love you.”

He smiled against my mouth and wrapped his arms around me. He nipped at my lower lip, pulling me as close to him as possible. “I love you too Chan-ah.”

____

YAY~

So Yongguk finally re-proposed and the kids are together~ I'm late for a lunch date so I'll keep this short. vote on that poll and and leave us comments~ 
(Also read The Puppeteer and follow LittleD on Tumblr and Twitter and follow Goo on Tumblr)

PAI~