44

Regeneration

 

 

Yongguk and I returned to normal very quickly. He took me home after my mother demanded a divorce from my father and we talked things out. He apologised for not stopping his mother and I apologised for exploding. It was a struggle for me to control my smile when he told me that his mother wouldn’t be in our lives any longer though. I would never say it to him but for years she had been the only problem in our relationship. That was over though.

“Chan-ah?” I heard my boyfriend enter the apartment over an hour earlier than I had expected him to return. He had gone out with Zico and Hanhae to rap – he said they were going to “lay some tracks” but I was steadfast in my refusal to use that term – and he had told me not to expect him home for dinner. “Can you come here?”

I typed in the final shipping information for the end tables and coffee table my parents were paying for and then closed the laptop. The tables we had in the living room had been found near a dumpster right after we had first moved in, and with my parents money we could finally afford nice ones. I was certain the ones I had picked would match perfectly with the furniture we already owned. “You’re home early, Guk-ah.” I blushed slightly as I walked into the room. I was dressed in his boxers and one of his button-down shirts. I liked wearing his clothing when he wasn’t around because they smelled like him.

He eyed me up and down, biting his lip slightly, and I saw desire flash across his eyes. “You look good in my underwear.” He stared for a couple more seconds causing me to pull his shirt even tighter around my body. I had planned to put on real pyjamas before he had come home. His gaze remained fastened on me as though he was some teenage boy for over a minute before he shook his head and pointed at the box sitting next to him. “Zico, Hanhae, Zico’s drunken boyfriend, and I were on our way to the studio to rap and Zico was probably going to make out with his boyfriend in the bathroom or whatever when we passed a store that I made them stop at.” He pushed the box towards me.

I raised an eyebrow at him, earning myself a smile. “What is this Yongguk?” I couldn’t remember the last time one of us had randomly bought the other a gift. We had a bit of money for the first time in years but we preferred to save it. We wanted to move to a nicer place.

He shrugged. “Open it.”

He passed me his pocketknife to help me cut open the tape. Once I managed to get the box open and removed all of the packing material I froze. “Guk?”

“I saw you looking at that flier yesterday before I left for work.” He smiled sheepishly. “The one for the music festival. You looked dejected when you threw it away so I got it out of the rubbish and saw that they were looking for someone to play.” He helped me pull the instrument out of the box. “I know that you’ve wanted your own for years so I got you one.”

“We can’t aff—” I tried to scold him for buying me something so expensive but he cut me off with his lips.

He ran his fingers through my hair and gave me another smile. He was right. While I had been in university there was nothing I had wanted more than to have a janggu at the apartment so I wouldn’t have to stay up at school late in hopes of getting some practice in. “I don’t know anything about these things except that you look really hot when you play,” I smacked his chest softly, “but the man at the store helped me pick out one he said was good. If it’s not then we can take it back and you can pick the one you want. I don’t know if you can still apply to play at that festival thing but I can try to look for places for you to play or I can see if you can come play at the school or something.”

I threw my arms around his neck and hugged him as tightly as I could. This wasn’t something he had to do and the fact that he had reminded me of how lucky I was to have him. “I love you Guk-ah.” I gave him a kiss – deciding that I could let him side on how obvious he was being about groping my behind. “Thank you so much.”

He gave my another squeeze and several pats before kissing me. “I knew it was something you wanted.”  After a while I pulled away from his grasp so I could clean up the mess I had made pulling the packing material out of the box but he stopped me. “Go sit down Chan-ah.” His hands cupped my behind and he pushed me towards the couch. I whined slightly but did as he instructed.

I felt slightly bad for being completely shocked when my boyfriend dropped to his knees and started cleaning up the little pieces of Styrofoam. “I can do that Guk-ah.” I mumble and he shushed me as he picked up the mess.

It took him a while – he wasn’t the most efficient cleaner in the world and instead of just grabbing a handful he grabbed each piece one at a time and put them in his other hand before dumping them into the box – but after he finally had all of the mess put back in the box he stood up and pushed it towards the door.  “I’ll take it out back tomorrow morning. I promise.” He sat down next to me and I automatically curled into his side. “It’s too late now, but maybe you could play for me tomorrow.”

I nodded my head as his arm slid around my waist. “Thank you so much Gukkie. You don’t know how much this means to me.” I mumbled, pressing kisses against his ribcage. “I’m so lucky that someone like me could be with someone like you.” 

______

So update :D I had school yesterday and I'm really glad that I only go a couple of hours on mondays and then tuesdays and thursdays. school makes me sad. but here is this. yongguk gave himchan a janggu, which if you don't remember is that drum that himchan plays. 

 

He plays six or seven more instruments I think but so far he's only shown off janggu and guitar. he's a talented man. so yes himchan majored in traditional music which is partially accurate since he's taking some time off university in real life but he was majoring in traditional music if i remember correctly. 
but not the point. yongguk bought him a drum and that's all that happened in this chapter. pointless author's note is pointless. 
leave us nice comments~