53

Regeneration

 

It didn't take long for me to find out that having pneumonia . It wasn't that I expected it to feel good or anything, I just didn't expect it to feel so horrible either. The doctor said I could move around if I wanted to, but the medication I was on made me woozy and it felt horrible to even breathe so I spend most of the day in bed, relying on my boyfriend to take care of me. It wasn't such a big deal, Himchan usually took care of me on a daily basis.

This time it was different, though. He had to do it all with a broken foot and that really didn't make things easier for either of us. Even though I told him countless times that he should get some rest as well so his condition wouldn't get worse he insisted on doing everything and I knew I wouldn't be able to talk him out of it. I gave up and let him do as he pleased. Of course that didn't mean that I liked it. I was just too drained to put up a fight.

I was somewhere between asleep and awake and probably closer to the former when I felt the bed dip down under the weight of another person. I instinctively shifted closer to the form and a cool hand was placed on my forehead. I let out a sigh. It felt nice. "Chan-ah," I croaked, expecting it to be my boyfriend.

"I'm not Himchan, sorry to disappoint you." My brow furrowed and with a bit of effort I managed to crack my eyes open despite the fact that it felt like my eyelashes were glued together. The moment I recognized the person who was sitting on the bed I wanted to move away from her, but my body wouldn't obey me. "How are you feeling, Yongguk?" my mother asked with worry etched into her features. "Himchan said you have pneumonia. You should have called me."

"What are you doing here?" I mumbled. "You're not supposed to be here, I told you not to come back."

"I came to see how you were doing and you're obviously not doing very well so it's a good thing I came." I tried to move away from her to avoid her touch when she reached outer to run her fingers through my damp hair, but my body wouldn't obey me. I settled for growling to illustrate that I did not like the situation. My mother didn't seem to care, though. "Did you have a doctor look at you? What did he say?"

"The doctor said that Yongguk should remember to get plenty of rest and drink a lot of water and that he needs to take antibiotics three times a day." My head lolled to the side so I could look at Himchan who was limping towards the bed with a bowl of steaming hot soup in one hand and one of his crutches in the other. He put the bowl on the nightstand and leaned his crutch against the wall before he sat down on the bed next to me, making sure to mind his foot. "How are you feeling, Guk-ah?" he muttered and placed his hand on my forehead where my mother's hand was before. I liked Himchan's touch way better. "It seems like your fever has gone down. That's good."

"I'm dying," I whimpered. "I'm going to die, Himchan. I'm sure of it."

"You're not going to die, stop being so overdramatic all the time." He rolled his eyes, but leaned down to press a kiss to my sweaty forehead anyway. I refused to let him kiss me on the mouth as long as I was sick because I didn't want him to get sick as well. My boyfriend helped me get into an upright position, propped up against the headboard with a few pillows as backrest. When I was sitting properly he reached over to grab the bowl of soup from the nightstand and held the spoon in front of my lips. "It's chicken soup," he told me. I scrunched up my face and turned my head away, whining to show my disapproval. He let out a sigh. "You have to eat it, Guk-ah, it's good for you."

"Don't wanna, too hot."

I halfway expected Himchan to tell me that I was being ridiculous and that I should just eat the damn soup already, so I was a little surprised when he merely blew on it and then held the spoon out in front of me again. "Is it good?" he asked once I had swallowed the food. I nodded. He smiled. He repeated the process of feeding me until I had eaten most of the meal, but I was completely full before all the soup was gone. "It's alright, you ate a lot. You did well."

Himchan set the almost empty bowl away. He made me take the medicine the doctors had told me to take even though I didn't like it. Then he helped me lay down again and wrapped the blanket tightly around me to make sure I would stay warm even though I already felt like I was burning up. When he motioned to get out of bed I grabbed on to his shirt to make sure he wouldn't. My grip was probably weak enough for him to easily tear out of it if he wanted to, but I made a feeble attempt anyway. "Stay?" I whispered. "Please?"

"I can't, Guk-ah." I pouted up at him. He cringed. "I need to clean, the apartment is a mess."

"I'll take care of it." We both looked towards my mother who had been sitting quietly next to me on the bed the whole time. To be honest I had kind of forgotten that she was even there. I had been way too distracted by Himchan, but now I scowled at her. She paid no mind to it and only looked at my boyfriend. "You should get some rest too, Himchan. I'm sure it isn't healthy for you to use your foot too much."

"But cleaning..." he protested weakly. I groaned in disapproval and managed to pull him closer by taking advantage of the hold I had on his shirt.

"I'll take care of it," my mother repeated with a tone of finality. Before Himchan could say anything she got up from where she had been sitting and grabbed the bowl from the nightstand to take it with her when she left the room.

"Why is she being this way?" Himchan asked as he got settled next to me. Clearly he had given up on objecting by now and just accepted his fate. "All helpful and nice and stuff. It's kind of scary."

"Don't know, don't care," I mumbled and burrowed my face into his stomach.

 

*****

 

A/N: so... yeah. yongguk's mother is being "all helpful and nice and stuff" (as himchan put it). do you think she has a hidden agenda or do you think she regrets treating himchan the way she did and now she's trying to make it up to himchan and yongguk by doing these things?
yongguk is a whiney sick person. I've noticed that there are quite a lot of guys who get this way whenever they're sick. they act as if it's the end of the world even though they just have a minor cold. it's kind of amusing to me, to be honest. :b luckily bbang has hime who is being super nice to him, so... that's good.
aaannnddd that's just about all I have to say for this chapter! :D
take care of yourselves and leave us nice comments, okay? ^^v