34

Regeneration

 

“I am so sorry Himchan.” Yongguk groaned and buried his head in our throw pillow. I chuckled slightly as I put the heating pack on his lower back. He whined in a way that didn’t suit him at all, and then whimpered slightly when he shifted his legs. It was almost amusing.

I sat down on the floor next to the couch and held up a couple of pain pills for him to take. “For what?”

He took the medication dry – much to my dismay because I kept telling him that the pills would get caught in his throat and then cause him to go mute for a month – as I gently pressed my fingers into the pack. I hoped that a massage along with the heat would bring him some sort of relief. “I put you through this so many times.”

I chuckled slightly at his words. He seemed even more horrified than before. “It wasn’t so bad after the first few times. It’s worth it.”

“But it hurts!” His eyes went wide and he cried out when he tried to shift his body in order to face me. “I will never walk again!”

“You’ll be able to walk again in a few hours.” I rolled my eyes and leaned over to kiss him. “You’re the one that wanted this. I didn’t ask.”

Yongguk pouted and dropped his face back into the pillow. I massaged him for a little while longer. I only stopped when I heard soft snoring noises coming from him. I rotated his head so he wouldn’t suffocate in his sleep and pressed another kiss to his lips. I got up so he could be left to sleep.

“You’re a baby.”

Once I was sure he would remain asleep without my fingers massaging him I walked out of the room in order to clean. Yongguk was doing better about cleaning but he still made a mess regularly. I still spent a couple hours a day cleaning. He hadn’t learned how to vacuum or dust yet. It also didn’t help that all of my things were sitting in a duffle bag under his bed.

I organised the bedroom for the first time since I had moved back in. He had rearranged most of the things, in a completely illogical way, while I had been living with my parents. I didn’t understand his system of organisation at all. There was no sense to it.

I found the engagement ring I had once worn in its box under some papers and stared at it for a while. The day he had proposed properly had been the happiest day of my life. The fact that his mother had given him the money for it hadn’t even been able to dampen my mood that much. He had picked the perfect ring. It had meant so much more because of that. We had never once looked at rings together but he had still found one that suited me perfectly. I stared at it for nearly forty minutes before shoving it back into the drawer and continuing my task. 

The next drawer I opened had a giant stack of condoms. I picked one of them up and analysed it, just wanting to make sure it really was a . I’d never actually seen one before. Yongguk and I had been each other’s first. There was no reason for us to use condoms. I was correct though. I bit my lip and tried to think of a good reason for Yongguk to have them. There was only one reason though. Someone had been in his bed while we were apart.

I grabbed the stack and went out to wait for him to wake up. I sat down at our table and stared at the horrible things until he limped into the dining area. I told myself to control my temper but before I could register the situation entirely my mouth was demanding an explanation for the condoms’ existence. “Did you sleep with anyone while we were broken up?”

“What?”

I held up one of blue squares and stared at him. “Was there anyone else in that bed during those six weeks?” The very thought made my heart clinch and it was a struggle to keep my voice from cracking. I couldn’t bear to think that Yongguk had been with someone else. We hadn’t been broken up that long. I didn’t want anyone else to have touched him.

He shook his head and reached out to grab the stack. “Zico shoved them in my pockets that night I brought you home. He told me that getting some ladies in my bed would make me feel better. You are the only person I’ve slept with.”

I stood up from the chair and stomped my foot. I glared at him and threw the squares at him. “Why didn’t you throw them away?” My voice was getting louder. Even though I realised this wasn’t helping the situation I couldn’t help myself. I was getting upset.

“I didn’t even think about them Himchan.”

I grabbed the plate off of the table and hurled it at the wall behind him. “You—” I started to yell at him even further until I realised what I had just done. I ran out of the room, afraid to even make eye contact with him, and dropped down onto the couch. I pulled my knees up to my chest and stared down at the floor. I couldn’t believe what I had just done. I had promised myself that I would never do anything like that. I wasn’t my parents.

Yongguk stomped into the room – I could tell from the sound his feet made against our floor and I felt slightly sorry for the people downstairs – and I expected that he would start yelling at me for what I had done. He stayed silent though. The door hadn’t slammed so I knew he wasn’t gone. It didn’t make sense that he wasn’t yelling at me.

I clinched my eyes and brought my hands up to my ears so I wouldn’t have to hear him yelling when he finally started. I didn’t want to fight with him. I was terrified that he would throw me out again. “Chan-ah?” I shook my head and pulled my body into an even tighter ball. In the next moment, however, his arms were wrapped around my body and he had pulled me into his chest. I didn’t even bother trying to push him off of me. “It’s okay, Chan-ah.” He kissed my head. “I love you, Baby~ Please look at me?”

He put the tips of his fingers under my chin and lifted my head. He pressed kiss to each of my eyelids. I whined softly but opened my eyes and was greeted by Yongguk’s sad smile. “I’m sorry Guk-ah…”

He pet my hair and kissed my forehead. “I’m not mad at you.” I whimpered again at his words. He should have been mad at me. “Let’s talk okay?”

I nodded my head. I knew that I wouldn’t like this conversation very much.

____________

Here have this. I would leave an author's note but I had to go study for a test. enjoy and leave pretty comments~