24

Regeneration

 

“I want to touch his junk.” I whined into my cell phone as I collapsed onto my bed. “I want to touch his junk with my junk.” Yongguk had asked me on a date and I was freaking out. “We did it like a week ago, but we were drunk and he was rough and it wasn’t like it’s supposed to be.” Fortunately I had a best friend to deal with these situations.

He sighed and I whined at him. He wasn’t helping at all. He thought I was stupid for making Yongguk try again. He kept telling me that I just needed to move back in with my ex and deal with it, but I couldn’t do that! Something was obviously wrong with our relationship if we had broken up so easily. I wanted to find out what was wrong and I wanted to make sure it didn’t happen again. I didn’t want Yongguk to resent me. “So let him take your clothing off.”

“You don’t understand! Why aren’t you good at this?”

“Because I don’t just cut myself off from for stupid reasons. Just sleep with him tonight and have a good time on your date. You’re in love with each other and I’m positive that he wants to throw you onto the mattress and take you.” I heard someone chuckle in the background and I curled up in a ball. My friends were of no use to me. “Just have fun tonight Himchan. Don’t worry about things, I know he thinks you’re perfect.”

I sighed but told Jaehyo I would try to have a good time. I remembered having a similar conversation with him seven years earlier when I had gone on my first date with Yongguk. I had nearly had a panic attack. I had no idea what someone like Yongguk would do with someone like me. I hung up the phone after saying goodbye to the two of them and finished getting ready.

I stared at myself in the mirror, hoping that my face was as nice as I thought it was, until my mother called me. Yongguk had arrived and I was suddenly unprepared. I shook as I walked to the front door and I felt my knees wobble when I saw Yongguk standing in the entryway with flowers. “Hi Yongguk.” He smiled and held the flowers out to me. I took them from him and motioned for him to follow me, he did so willingly.

“I brought you flowers for our first first date.” He told me and I nodded my head. He had been so nervous the first time he’d come to pick me up. I put the flowers in some water and turned back around to face him. “This time I didn’t bring flowers your mother was allergic to.”

“You remembered?”

“Of course I did.” I couldn’t stop staring at his smile. It was so nice and I had missed it. I had missed him. “Are you ready?”

I nodded my head and he offered me his hand. I felt bad for turning him down but I shook my head and walked past him. We weren’t there yet. I still got nervous when we touched. I knew he hadn’t cheated on me but that didn’t change how much I had hurt. “Where are we going?”

“Do you remember that noodle place we had a our first date?” He asked with a soft blush before he ran in front of me and opened the car door for me. I nodded as I got in the car, “We’re going there. I hope that’s alright.” He shut the door and then hurried over to his side so he could get in and finish the conversation.

I smiled and nodded my head. I didn’t remember it being so hard to talk to him. It shouldn’t have been a struggle to come up with the right words to say to him. I didn’t think we’d ever been at a loss for words with each other before. “How was work?”

“It was good. Junhong asked if I would bring the pretty hyung back.” He reached over and nearly grabbed my thigh but pulled his hand back at the last second. “He liked you.”

“Why does he call me Pretty Hyung? The picture you showed him was revolting.”

“Because you still looked pretty even if you were making a derpy face and he thinks so too. You are pretty.”

I blushed and reached out to turn on the radio. I didn’t want to squeal in front of him or act in the way that had made my mother slap my chest and call me a fifteen-year-old girl. That would have been embarrassing. When the sound didn’t come on I realised that the radio didn’t work. Though I couldn’t remember if it had been destroyed in my wreck or if it had been busted before. “Am I allowed to come back?”

He nodded and used one hand to attach his phone to a cord on the dashboard. He unlocked it and then handed it to me. “We can listen to whatever you want.” I took the device and picked a slow song before putting the phone into the cup holder. “You can come any time you want to, just call ahead to tell me first.”

I nodded again – slightly annoyed with myself that I’d made that motion so many times – and stared out the window. I didn’t want this to be awkward. “Can I come tomorrow?” My mouth moved without my permission and I cursed myself inwardly. I sounded too eager. He didn’t know that I was secretly yearning to spend every waking moment with him.

“Of course. What would you like to eat?” He sounded just as excited as I felt.

“Anything is fine. You know what I like.”

He pulled into the parking lot at the restaurant and when I tried to get out of the car he put an arm out to stop me. I rolled my eyes but put my hand back in my lap. When we’d first started going out he’d never been with a guy before so he had been confused on how to treat me. I had let him treat me like a girl for a while before I’d put his hand on my crotch and asked him what was there. He’d been so embarrassed but he had started treating me like a man.

He opened the car door for me and offered me a hand to help me out of the car. I allowed him to help me out of the car but pulled my hand back.  “Thank you Yongguk.” He blushed and nodded his head, just like the first time. He’d giggled slightly the first time he touched my hand and it had been precious. I probably fell for him because of it.

He put his hand on my lower back and then quickly retracted it before starting to walk inside. I smiled and followed after him. He ordered a bowl of noodles for the two of us to share and I allowed him to feed me. I tried to hold chopsticks up for him but he wouldn’t take them. He was difficult that way.

“It’s only cute when I feed you. It isn’t cute when you feed me.”

“Why is that?”

“Because you’re cuter than I am.”

___________

I'm going to my grandmother's house today.
I'm not sure why, but mother said we are so I'm updating early.
In this chapter Himchan had a crisis about wanting to touch Yongguk and Jaehyo told him he was stupid for not doing it. Then he went on a date with Yongguk. That's about it. -nods- 
enjoy and make with the pretty comments~ :D