28

Regeneration

 

The week before final exams I had finally decided to put actual effort into the semester. I’d barely gone to classes after Yongguk and I had broken up and at the last minute I was finally realising that I had made a grave mistake. I had tried to learn everything at home so I could do well enough on the finals to pass for the semester so I could graduate college. I wanted a real job so I could stop mooching off everyone I knew.

When I had studied at my parents’ house I had barely been able to focus on anything but the sounds of their arguments. My dad was still pissed at me for getting back with Yongguk and he wasn’t even speaking to me. My mother was happy for me and that pissed my father off enough for him to yell at her on a regular basis. It was not a good environment for studying.

When I gave up trying to study at my house Jaehyo had convinced me that the library was a good place for learning an entire semester’s worth of information. (“I’ve been doing it for two years! Daehyunnie even passed last semester and he only went to class like five times!”) He was a liar. Everyone and their grandmother was at the library and it was a zoo. There was no way to learn anything.

Fortunately, Yongguk was willing to let me use his apartment as a place to study. He was good at being silent when I needed to focus on things and he had promised to leave me alone unless I told him otherwise.

He left me alone for the most part and I was nearly in tears when Yongguk sat down next to me and put a cup of coffee next to my notebooks and pulled me into his arms. “Chan-ah? Are you okay?”

I shook my head and buried my face in his shirt. I was nowhere near prepared. I knew I was going to fail. “I’m going to fail.” I mumbled and slid my hands up the back of his shirt. “I’m going to fail all of my finals and then I’m going to have to retake all of these classes and I won’t be able to graduate.” I used his shirt to wipe my face and he ran his fingers through my hair.

“You’ve never been this worried about your grades before, Chan-ah. What’s wrong?” I climbed out of my chair and into his lap.

I rotated so I could put my head on his shoulder and I sniffled. “I spent nearly half the semester drunk.” I mumbled and felt ashamed instantly. I wasn’t sure he knew what I’d done while we were separated and I was regretting it enough without him knowing all about it. “I drank the whole time we weren’t together…”

He sighed and pressed a kiss to my forehead. “You don’t like drinking.”

“I was depressed. You made it better though.” I leaned up and kissed him gently. “You always make things better.” I kissed him again and wrapped my arms tightly around his neck when he tried to pull back. He mumbled something about how I needed to focus on my work, but after I nibbled on his lower lip for a little while he seemed to lose control of himself and he gave into me and I felt him respond to the kiss.

 

The following morning I woke up in Yongguk’s bed with his arm thrown over my waist. I smiled slightly and nuzzled closer to him. “Morning Chan-ah.” He mumbled and pressed his lips against my head.

“Good morning.” He rotated as I spoke and I moved so my head was resting on his chest. I closed my eyes again and tried to remember exactly what had happened then blushed when the memories came rushing back. We’d been making out and then I’d fallen asleep. It was probably for the best though. We probably would have gone further if I hadn’t.

“Did you sleep well?” His voice was even more gruff than usual, just like I remembered from the hundreds of mornings I’d woken up next to him.  I had always taken great pleasure in knowing that I was the only person who was allowed to hear that voice.

I nodded my head and curled even closer to his side. “I always sleep the best when you’re there.”

He chuckled, “And you call me cheesy.”

“You are cheesy. I just tell the truth.” I sat up for just long enough to stick my tongue out at him and then flopped back down onto his chest. He was more comfortable than the mattress, but I would never tell him that. It would go straight to his head. He didn’t need that. “Hey Guk?” He hummed as a response, “If I pass my finals my graduation will be on the following Saturday. Will you be able to come?”

“I’d like to.” I threw my leg over his and his arms immediately wrapped around my waist. “Am I allowed?”

“Of course you’re allowed, why wouldn’t you be?” I pouted up at him. I couldn’t think of any reason he wouldn’t be permitted to come to the graduation, especially since I had just invited him.

He bit his lip and I watched him as he thought. “Your parents hate me.”

“Well I love you so they can deal with it.” I blushed when I realised what I had said but decided that there was no point in retracting my words. It wasn’t as though they had been in some way inaccurate. It had been a struggle not to say those words to him anyway.

I noticed that he was blushing as well and I was worried that I had made him uncomfortable. “I love you too, Chan-ah.” He sounded as though he was afraid of what my reaction would be to his words. His grip on my waist tightened slightly and I gave him a kiss to calm him down.

“So you’ll come?”

“Of course I will. I’m proud of you.”

_____________

I forgot to update. because i have a test tomorrow and I'm gonna fail.
I don't have anything to say cos I'm busy studying.
Paipai
Comments~