2

Regeneration

 

I normally hated going to school because it was dull and I could have thought of at least ten things I would have preferred doing than going to my lessons. However it was freezing in my apartment and I needed to get out. Fortunately I was able to meet up with my friends around noon for lunch so I could socialise with them and watch them eat. I clutched my water bottle and sat down across from my high school best friend Jaehyo and this freshman I worked with at the shop. “Lunch generally means food.” Daehyun raised an eyebrow as I flopped into the seat.

“No one asked you.” I mumbled as I zipped my jacket up. It was cold in the meal area as well. I was sick of being cold. “The heater died again.” I told them when Jaehyo’s mouth opened because I knew he was just going to accuse me of having an eating disorder again. It usually happened once a month when my bank account got low. “Guk proposed last night.”

Daehyun dropped his chopsticks and stared at me wide mouthed. He had some sort of commitment phobia and the idea of marriage made him shudder. “Are you sure you’re ready to commit yourself to one person for the rest of your life? I mean you’re still young.”

“Himchan has been committed to that stupid rapper for years.” Jaehyo rolled his eyes and shoved the freshman over slightly. “I’m surprised it took this long.”

“I said no.” I shrugged my shoulders slightly and took a sip of my water. Yongguk and I could barely afford to keep ourselves alive, something that was made more obvious by the fact we couldn’t get a working heater, there was no way we could afford a wedding. I knew he couldn’t afford a ring, which was why I had asked for a proper proposal. There was no way it could happen for a long time so we wouldn’t have to worry about trying to pay for a wedding. “He didn’t do it right.”

Jaehyo rolled his eyes, “You’re an idiot.”

“I have standards. He can’t just throw “let’s get married” out there and expect me to say yes. There has to be this big romantic gesture!” I waved one of my arms in the air to signify what I wanted. My friend’s didn’t seem to understand that I needed romance in my life. They had never been in a relationship like the one Yongguk and I had.

Yah. Kim Himchan.” I heard my boyfriend’s voice coming over the PA system and my head shot up immediately. “I know you’re in here somewhere and I came over here on my lunch break to tell you that I love you.” My heart started beating faster as I searched the cafeteria for my boyfriend. I saw Daehyun and Jaehyo cringe but I was too distracted too bother hitting them. “Ah, I found you. Look to your left.”

I did as I was told and saw my boyfriend dressed in his work clothing walking over to me. I waved at him slightly, “Guk-ah?”

“I, ah, I should have done this right last night but I let my brain move too fast to actually think things out and the only thing it would tell me was that I wanted to make you mine forever because I think you’re perfect.” He was standing in front of me but he was still speaking into the microphone. Nearly every person in the cafeteria was looking around to figure out where the person on the PA was standing. I felt people’s eyes on me but I couldn’t bring myself to care about anything other than what my boyfriend was doing. “I don’t know if you’ve gotten sick of hearing me tell you how perfect you are in the past seven years or not, but it’s the truth so I intend to continue telling you every day for the rest of our lives.

“You’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me and even though I thought I was some big time rapper in high school you put up with me. You’re the love of my life so I was hoping that you would make me the happiest person in the entire world.” He got down on one knee and it was taking all of my self-control not to start bouncing up and down or tackle him to the floor. He pulled a small black box out of his jacket pocket and stared up at me. “Will you marry me Kim Himchan?” He opened the box and displayed a diamond ring for me to see.

“You’re so young Himchan! Don’t let your life end so early!” I faintly heard Daehyun yelling at me in the background and then Jaehyo slapping his hand over the younger boy’s mouth before I could answer.

Even though I had been unaffected by his statement the night before this proposal had been more than I could have ever hoped for. I felt a tear slide down my cheek as I nodded my head. He slid the ring on my finger before standing back up and pressing our lips together. “I love you.” I mumbled against his lips and wrapped my arms around his neck. I pulled him closer, ignoring Jaehyo’s protests about me face, and deepened the kiss. All thoughts of our financial situation had left me and I could only think about how I wanted to spend forever with Yongguk.

I faintly heard clapping in the background but my hearing didn’t fully return until Yongguk pulled away from me. I whined softly and slid my hands down his back in an attempt to bring him back. “I’ll come pick you up from school after I get off work?” He smiled brightly and twisted his arm back so he could grab one of my hands. I immediately linked our fingers out of habit and he chuckled. “We’ll go out for dinner tonight. We can think about money another day.” I nodded my head and he leaned in to press a kiss to my cheek. “I need to get back to work. Have a good rest of your day. I love you.”

“I love you too, Guk-ah. Don’t work too hard.”

He nodded his head and left the cafeteria. I sat back down in my seat at the table and stared at the ring Yongguk had just put on my finger. I was getting married and I couldn’t have been more excited. “Game over.” Daehyun mumbled and I heard Jaehyo slap him.

_____________

So here is this~ Himchan is friends with Jaehyo and Daehyun. Because Jaehyo was a model too. He knows Joonbug and Junhyung (AKA douche!Soon). Also because I like him a whole lot. Some of you may know this. And Daehyun is in B.A.P. with Himchan so it makes sense. He was the closest to Hime's age other than Yongguk. 
This is how Yongguk proposes the right way. It's all fluff and vomit and yes. Enjoy~ <3