7

Regeneration

 

As soon as Himchan came home I had stripped us both out of our clothes and pulled him with me to the bathroom. I the shower and pushed him under the stream of water, wrapping my arms tightly around him so he couldn't escape. He nagged for a while about the way I had mindlessly thrown the clothes all over the floor, but once he realized that I wasn't listening to him he seemed to give up. He also stopped trying to get out of my grip and his arms went limp by his sides. "But now the living room is all messy," he whined through clattering teeth.

"I'll take care of it later," I promised him because I knew how much he hated it when I made a mess. That was the reason for most of his nagging. We were very different when it came to being neat. "Let's stay like this for a while. Please." He felt so cold and I rubbed his back and his sides to get some warmth into his body. "You can't just run off like that, Chan-ah, it's freezing outside. I don't want you to get sick." His only answer was a sniffle.

We stood like that for some time as I tried to heat his body up. His skin had turned warm again and his teeth had stopped clattering a while back. "We're wasting water like this," he mumbled into my neck.

"I don't care."

"We can't afford it."

"I'll skip my morning shower."

"Then you'll be all smelly and disgusting and I won't want to touch you. Is that what you want?" I could only laugh. Comments like this meant that he was returning to normal. I reached behind him to turn off the water and immediately grabbed the towel to dry him off. We went to our bedroom and quickly put on clothes and crawled into bed. I pulled all the covers over us, but even then it wasn't comfortably warm. It was just enough for us to tolerate it. "I wish we could get our heater fixed," my fiancé muttered.

Part of me wanted to tell him that we most likely couldn't afford that now that he had crashed the car. I didn't say that out loud. "You could have died, Himchan," I said again and even though it was kind of out of nowhere I knew that he knew what I was talking about. He tried to get away from me again, but this time I wouldn't let him escape. I held him tight. I even threw my leg over his just to make sure he'd stay. "Why did you lie to me? I don't like being lied to."

"Because you would be angry with me for messing up and then you would leave me." I could hear the tears in his voice even though I couldn't see his face. "Are you going to leave me?"

I pried off his hand that was clinging to my body and held it in front of his face. "Do you see this?" I asked, gesturing towards his finger. He sniffled loudly. "If I was going to leave you because of something as small as this you wouldn't be wearing this ring. I love you, Kim Himchan. I'm not going to leave you."

"Promise?" He looked up at me with teary eyes.

I nodded and pressed a kiss his forehead. "I'd just wish you'd take better care of yourself. You make me so worried." He told me I shouldn't be. This only made me frown. "But I am. You don't eat enough and you don't sleep enough. It's unhealthy."

"At least I don't smoke," he retorted and I clenched my jaw.

"At least smoking doesn't get people into car accidents." It was a low blow and I knew it. I also knew that it hit him hard. If he was upset he would nag and whine until it got better. If he was really upset he would be silent. Like he was now. I was surprised that he didn't struggle to get away from me, he just lay there quietly in my arms. I sighed. "Chan-ah..."

"Yongguk, are we fighting?" His voice was so small, as if he was scared, and when reality hit me I felt a little frightened as well. "We never fought before. Ever."

"We never fight." I swallowed thickly and rolled onto my back, staring into the ceiling. I kept one arm wrapped around him. "We're not fighting," I said stubbornly after a while. "We're just having an argument, that's not the same thing. We're not fighting." He didn't say anything, he only held me a bit tighter and nuzzled against my chest. I tilted his chin upwards so I could kiss him. "You should go to sleep. I know you have to get up early for school." He nodded obediently and got comfortable next to me, slipping his arm under my shirt like he usually did. His hand was cold but I didn't recoil, I just let him do as he pleased.

"I love you," I heard him whisper carefully as if he was afraid to hear my answer.

"I love you too." It didn't take long for him to fall asleep, but I was having a hard time doing the same. To be honest I was worried. Himchan and I were one of those disgustingly perfect couples that never fought and we were always happy together. I looked down at him and brushed some hair out of his face so I could press my lips against his forehead. The small, needy whimpers he let out made me smile. I loved Himchan more than anything in the entire world, but this really worried me. I didn't like fighting.


 

I woke up to Himchan nagging me. Apparently I forgot to clean up the living room the night before like I had promised I would so he had to do it and he was definitely not satisfied with that because he liked cleanliness and cleaning up my mess was not what he wanted to be doing especially not first thing in the morning. I listened to him ramble on for a while, still half asleep with bleary eyes that were having a hard time focusing on anything. Then I grabbed him and pulled him into bed with me and pinned him to the mattress while I pressed kisses all over his face until he stopped resisting and started giggling instead.

 

*****

 

A/N: yesterday was friday and now it's suddenly monday? how did this even happen? D:
so, uhm, this chapter... yes. it's still cute and fluffy for now, but things are going downhill,
as you can probably tell. oh, and the thing about yongguk smoking... yeah.
why do I even bother with author's notes? xD I never have anything to say. meh.
I hope to see you all commenting and the next update will be on wednesday. n___n