36

Regeneration

 

“So far there’s Hanhae and I. We’re looking for one more really talented rapper.” I curled into my boyfriend’s side as I listened to his loud friend explain how he was starting a hip-hop crew. I was fairly certain that he was trying to get Yongguk to offer his services, but Yongguk either didn’t realise this or was uninterested in joining. “We’ve written a couple of songs together already.”

“Yongguk-ssi, you should join their group.” Daehyun smiled, bringing everyone’s attentions to him. “Jaehyo hyung told me that you’re a rapper.” He patted Jaehyo’s thigh.

“I rapped in high school and college, but I don’t anymore.” Yongguk shrugged and took a sip from the glass of alcohol we were sharing. Apparently he had heard from Hanhae that I’d been getting too drunk to stand during the break up and he wanted to prevent that from happening again. It was a nice thought. He held the glass up for me and I wrapped both hands around it before bringing it up to my lips. “I wouldn’t have time.”

His arm slid back into its place around my waist as he pressed a kiss to my nose. “But you’re such a good rapper Hyung! You can still be cool even though you’re all domesticated and weird. I’m sure your girlfriend wants you to be happy!” I rolled my eyes at his continuing insistence that I might be a woman. It didn’t even bother me anymore. “You shouldn’t have to waste that talent.”

“I am happy, Zico.” I thought it was cute the way he said his friend’s name. He couldn’t pronounce his nickname so it usually came out a bit strange. It didn’t make any sense for the loud one to pick a name with a letter that wasn’t in our alphabet. “Himchan makes me happy.”

Zico nodded his head and held, yet another, cup of alcohol up to his companion’s lips. He’d been pouring alcohol down the poor boy’s throat since we had arrived and I was fairly certain the boy wasn’t old enough to be drinking. “Is your nose real?” He tried to reach over to where I was sitting but only succeeded in falling into Hanhae’s lap. “Or is it fake?”

“Dammit Youngjae.” Hanhae grabbed the drunk boy and moved him away from Zico. “You’re not going to get laid if you kill him Jiho.”

“I’m not going to kill him! Youngjae-yah likes booze. Don’t you?” Zico smiled at the drunk boy, who nodded a bit more enthusiastically than necessary. Yongguk reached out to grab him when he nearly toppled forward. It was a sad sight.

“Since when do you sleep with guys Zico?” Yongguk asked, raising an eyebrow.

“He’s pretty.” Zico shrugged and then started whispering something in Hanhae’s ear. Apparently he was done with that conversation.

We sat in an awkward silence for a little while until suddenly Yongguk turned to me with a smile. “Doodle Bug?”

“Yes, Honey Bunches of Oats?”

“If you ever call me like that I will stab you in the balls.” Youngjae slurred and pointed accusingly at Zico. I didn’t think Zico’s balls were at any risk.

“You two are disgusting.” Daehyun groaned and tried to hide the fact that he was completely horrified. “This is why Jaehyo doesn’t like to go places with you two.” Jaehyo nodded his head and pretended to gag. “I’ve lost my appetite.” He put the bowl of peanuts he had been eating in Jaehyo’s lap. This was a first. “You two should never be allowed in public together. Ever.”

Yongguk snorted and pulled me even closer to him. “We have to leave now anyway.”

Zico whined and crossed his arms over his chest like a petulant child. “We haven’t even finished with the evening yet.”

“His mother is coming over tomorrow.” I tried to smile, but I knew it didn’t come across. I’d spent the entire day cleaning, only to have my regime interrupted when Jaehyo and Hanhae had shown up and our door demanding that we go drinking with them to celebrate graduating from university. Hanhae wasn’t even in university. “I have to prepare for her arrival.”

“Good luck with the Dragon Lady.” Zico raised a shot in my direction and then drank it as though he was wishing me luck somehow by getting drunk. “She hates you.” I whined and glared at my boyfriend who opened his mouth to, most probably, defend his mother against his friend’s attacks. “Don’t even lie, Yongguk. She said so. That time I went to her place for dinner. First she told me to wear a hairnet and then she said it was bad enough you were dating someone she hated but did you really have to have friends with weird hair. I remember this.” He nodded his head and then took another shot.

“That was two years ago. She didn’t use the word hate either.” Yongguk bit his lip and even though I was upset I chose not to say anything about it. It wasn’t like this was a new revelation. I knew she hated me. “It’s going to be okay.” He put the glass down on the table and waved to our friends. I said goodbye to each of them and allowed my boyfriend to pull me out of the club. “She really didn’t say she hated you.”

I shrugged my shoulders and pressed a kiss to his lips. “I already know how she feels about me Yongguk.” I got into my side of the car and waited for him to get into his. The second we were on the road I grabbed his hand from the steering wheel and put it on my thigh. He had some sort of obsession with them or something. I liked it. “I promise that I’ll be civil tomorrow, Guk-ah. Even when she moves the armoire in order to find dust and scuffmarks. I ordered dinner from my mother’s restaurant so she’ll probably like it.”

“Chan-ah…”

“I’m going to clean everything while you’re at work tomorrow. I think I might rearrange the furniture too. I was thinking we could order a new living room set, my parents offered me some money for it so we can go looking for a new sofa and chair on Saturday.” I nodded my head, going through the list of things I needed to get done in my head.

“Chan-ah. I can just tell her not to come if you’re this worried about it.”

“She’s your mother Guk-ah. I know how important she is to you. It’s going to be fine. I promise.”

____________

Here have this~ this is a chapter and Hanhae's in it so:

This one is with Zico

This one is with I11evn who is my favourite. 

They went drinking with their friends, Zico is screwing Youngjae, and Yongguk's friends want to form a rap crew. I should probably say some stuff about the chapter but my computer was in intense rebellion for half an hour this morning and I need to leave for the dentist in 2 minutes. Enjoy the Hanhae music and yeobo will update on Wednesday. :D 
Leave us pretty comments if you like~ <3