26

Regeneration

 

 

I used the wall for support as I slammed my palm against the door of – what I was fairly certain was – Yongguk’s apartment. He was the only person I wanted to see and fortunately I had been able to find the apartment building. “Guk! Guk! It’s Himchan!”

I whined softly when the door didn’t open fast enough but decided I wouldn’t give up.  I fell against the wall and used it to help me slide down to the ground so I could continue banging the door. I wasn’t even sure what time it was, though to be honest I didn’t really care if it was an appropriate time to be sitting next to the door of an apartment and yelling at the tenant. I just wanted in. Yongguk always made things okay again.

I hit the door for a few more minutes before it opened and when I looked up it was a struggle for my eyes to focus on Yongguk. I was more than thankful that Yongguk was the one to open the door and not some other male. “Himchan?” He got down to my level and I felt his arms slide around my body and he picked me up. “How did you get here?”

“Your loud friend. He brought me because he found me.” I nodded my head and tried to use his shoulder as a pillow. I must have missed my target though because I nearly fell out of his arms, but fortunately he was strong enough to keep me safe. “He said I would make a nice gift for you and he put me in front of your door.”

He sighed and put me down on the couch. I stared up at him and attempted to pout until he gave in and sat down next to me. I put my head on his lap and smiled up at him. “You’ve been drinking.” I felt him slide his fingers through my hair and massage my scalp gently. I nodded my head – instantly regretting it – and pouted at how dizzy I had suddenly become. “Why?”

“Mum and dad were fighting.” I mumbled and put my hand over my eyes to block out the light from Yongguk’s lamps. He kept it too bright in the apartment, I hated it. It hurt my eyes. “They were screaming at each other. So I left.”

“And got drunk?” I slapped in the direction I thought he was in because he didn’t understand.

“They were fighting because of me and I didn’t know where else to go!” I moved my hand so I could look up at him because I found that it was hard to have a conversation when I could only see dark. It didn’t appear that it would be easier when I could see him though because there were at least three Yongguks that I could count. “Dad is pissed at me and Mum told him that I was old enough to make my own choices. Then they started screaming at each other and Mum broke a plate and Dad said you were a good for nothing that was just gonna hurt me again. I left after that.”

Yongguk responded but I didn’t comprehend what he was saying but his mouth looked really nice saying whatever it was. I sat up and kissed up his jaw until I reached his lips. I threw my arms around his neck and his lower lip into my mouth before he could manage to push me away and tell me that I didn’t really want it.

 

When I woke up the first thing I noticed was a throbbing headache and immediately after that I realised I was not in my bedroom. After a couple seconds of panic I recognised that I was in my old room and that I was wearing one of Yongguk’s button down shirts and a pair of his sleep pants. He wasn’t in the room though.

I rolled out of the bed – using more effort than I would ever admit to – and held Yongguk’s shirt close to my body as I searched the apartment. I found blankets on the couch and Yongguk in the kitchen preparing breakfast. “Good morning Himchan.”  He smiled at me and poured a cup of coffee. He sat it down in front of me and then went back to cooking. “Do you need any headache medicine?”

I shook my head and stared down into the coffee cup. I couldn’t remember exactly what had happened the night before. I had been at my parent’s apartment but then I woke up at Yongguk’s so there was obviously a large portion of time missing. “I’m in your clothing.”

“You were too drunk for me to leave alone, and a bit belligerent about the fact that you wanted to stay here with me so I let you sleep in the bed.” He put some strawberries in front of me and I grabbed one to shove in my mouth. “You dressed yourself if that’s what you’re worried about.”

“The buttons are right.” I could barely do that sober so I knew there was no way I had successfully buttoned a shirt if I was drunk at all. “How are the buttons done right?”

“I did that part. I told you to wear a regular shirt but you wanted that one and then yelled at me until I buttoned it for you.” He shrugged as though it was no big deal that I had embarrassed myself that way. Sure he’d seen me drunk before but usually I controlled myself a little bit (or he wasn’t telling me what I was really like drunk) and apparently I’d let loose the night before. “It was cute in a drunk kind of way.”

I put my head down on the counter and groaned. He clearly has a skewed idea of the word cute. I didn’t think being yelled at seemed was something I would like. “Where did you sleep?”

“Couch.” I felt guilty instantly. I’d come to his home, at god-knows-what o’clock, yelled at him and then kicked him out of his own bed. “You needed the bed more than me.”

“I’m sorry…”

He put a bowl of food in front of me and smiled. “What for? I’m just glad you ended up here instead of some ditch somewhere.”

“I’m just… I’m sure there’s about a million ways you’d rather spend your Friday night than babysitting your drunk boyfriend.”

______

Woo~
Himchan got drunk and Jiho left him on Yongguk's doorstep.
Yongguk was a good person and took care of drunkchan. 

comments are good~