15

Regeneration

 

The next time I moved it wasn't because I actually wanted to. I only did so because someone felt like it was a good idea to open the curtains, so I had to pull the blanket over my head to shield myself from the harsh light. I heard someone walk around in the apartment, but I didn't bother to move again to see who it was. To be honest I didn't really care. For a moment I found myself kind of hoping that it was a home intruder and that he would kill me. I quickly realized that that was a bit overdramatic, though.

When the blanket was forcefully pulled off my body I let out a groan and glared at whoever dared disturb me. As soon as I noticed that it was my mother, though, I quickly looked away. "How did you get in here?" I mumbled.

"Spare key," she said and tapped my side, signaling for me to scoot over a bit. When I did so she sat down on the edge of the couch and began running her fingers through my hair. "I tried calling your cellphone, but it seems to be turned off, so I called the school and they said you're feeling unwell." Her hand slipped down to rest against my forehead so she could feel my temperature. After a few seconds she frowned. "Yah, are you lying to me, Bang Yongguk? You're not sick." I still didn't look at her, but I could see her cross her arms. "Is this something that horrible fiancé of yours put you up to? It would be so like him to do something like this. I knew I shouldn't have allowed you to be with him, I knew it."

I listened to her ramble on for a few moments before I sighed. "We're not together anymore, mom," I told her and immediately felt my eyes start to sting again.

She stopped her rant abruptly and blinked a few times as if this was shocking to hear. "Oh," she eventually said. The expression on her face told me that she wasn't quite sure how to react, but then she nodded. "Well, good riddance. Maybe you can find someone who actually deserves you now. Preferably someone with ovaries this time. I want grandchildren." She patted my cheek and got up from the couch and she went to the kitchen while telling me something about food, which I purposely ignored.

I pulled the blanket over my head again in hopes of tuning her out. I loved my mother, but this was probably one of the last things I wanted at the moment. I didn't need her to disturb my peace and quiet, I was perfectly fine with the silence. "Just leave me alone," I mumbled into one of the pillows on the couch. Of course she couldn't hear me over the sound of her own voice. I groaned.

A few minutes later the blanket was pulled away from me again and I felt like cursing, but I knew my mother wouldn't hesitate to smack me if I did. "I brought you something to eat since I know that your beloved Himchan can't cook to save his own life. You need proper food." I allowed her to drag me into the kitchen and she pushed me down to sit in a chair and placed some kind of dish in front of me, ordering me to eat. I picked up my utensils and did as she told me to without even looking what was in the bowl.

While I ate, my mother cleaned the kitchen. For some reason she didn't find it sufficiently spotless - even though it really was - so she took it upon herself to wipe down every single surface. She was a complete neat freak. I clearly didn't get my messy side from her. More than once I heard her tut and that sound of disapproval was always followed by another insult directed at Himchan and his ability to be a good spouse. Despite the fact that we were no longer together each hateful word made me more and more angry until I was finally fed up with listening to her putting him down.

My mother had just concluded another rant about how she never thought that guy was good enough to be my boyfriend and had started talking about one of her friends' daughters who was apparently a perfect match for me when I slammed my hand against the table. She jolted and turned around to stare at me. Once she got over the initial surprise she looked miffed and it seemed as if she was about to scold me. Apparently the look in my eyes kept her quiet. "Get out," I hissed.

"Yongguk-"

"Out. Now."

She sputtered. "How dare you speak to your own mother this way? I will not tolerate-"

"I don't care if you're my mother or the goddamn queen of England, I'm not going to sit here and listen to you insulting Himchan like this. I want you out of my apartment. Right now." She stared at me with her eyes practically bulging out of her head as if she couldn't believe that I was talking to her this way and to be honest I didn't blame her. I never snapped at her like this, ever. I rarely snapped at anyone. "Out," I repeated one more time, putting extra pressure on the last letter of the word for emphasis.

My mother huffed. She pulled off the cleaning gloves she had been wearing and threw them on the floor and she grabbed her purse, glaring at me the whole time. I could hear her muttering something about me being a bad son and about her being a bad mother for allowing me to associate with the scum of the earth all the way from the kitchen to the hallway. Next I heard the front door slam.

I stared down at the bowl in front of me, which contained the remnants of what appeared to be some type of jjigae. I pushed it away from me, a bit hatefully, and got up from my chair to go back to the living room and curl up under the blanket on the couch again. I told myself that I would take care of the dirty dishes and put away the leftovers later. I already knew that that most likely wouldn't happen, though. I didn't feel like dealing with anything.

 

*****

 

A/N: yongguk is being emotional still. yeah.
I have nothing more to say, so here's this:

yongguk's mom's a , she's a big fat ,
she's the biggest in the whole wide world,
she's a stupid if there ever was a ,
she's a to all the boys and girls.
on monday she's a , on tuesday she's a ,
on wednesday through saturday she's a ,
then on sunday just to be different
she's a super king kamehameha biatch.

that is all. see you on monday.