35

Regeneration

 

"Mess stresses me out." My thumb was running in soothing circles over the back of one of Himchan's hands as we were sitting on the bed facing each other, knees touching and hands clasped together. I smiled softly and nodded for him to go on. He took a deep breath. "I'm a neat freak and I have a tendency to be a bit obsessive and over the top when it comes to cleaning, I know that, but I just get so frustrated if things are messy."

"I'll try to do better," I promised and pressed a kiss to his wrist.

He took another breath. He seemed relieved now that it was off his chest. "Okay, your turn."

For a few moments I thought about what I was going to say. "I don't like it when you call me dumb," I then muttered. His eyes widened a little in surprise, but he didn't say anything. We had agreed before we began this that we wouldn't interrupt each other. "Everyone used to call me dumb all the time, even my teachers, and I studied really hard to improve my grades with almost no results. The A we got for our biology project in high school was the first A I ever got. That's also why I chose to become a teacher, to help kids like me."

"I'm sorry. I didn't know. I'll try to think before I speak in the future."

"Thank you, Chan-ah." I kissed his hand again.

"I don't like the way you always defend your mother," he blurted out. I could tell by the fearful look in his eyes that he was afraid I was going to hate him for saying that. I clenched my jaw. When I remained silent he continued: "She always berates me and does everything she can to make me feel horrible about myself. Whenever I tell you that she hates me you always object and say that she doesn't, but she does, Yongguk. She really hates me."

"She's my mother, I have to show her some respect."

"But I'm your boyfriend, that should mean something too, damnit." He yanked his hands out of my hold, but I grabbed onto them again before he could get up and storm off like I was sure he would. He was always so dramatic.

I let out a defeated sigh. "I didn't tell you this before because I'm kind of embarrassed by it, but when you and I had just broken up my mother came to see me one day and she kept saying bad things about you so eventually I snapped and threw her out of the apartment."

He gaped. "Really?"

"I even cursed."

"That's... actually kind of sweet."

I shook my head with a smile and leaned in to peck him on the nose. "I know that my mother can be a little out of line sometimes." Himchan narrowed his eyes. "Okay, most of the time," I corrected myself. "I promise I'll try to take your side more from now on." He nodded, seemingly satisfied. I sighed. "I don't like that Jaehyo is so friendly with you."

"What do you mean? Jaehyo is my friend. Friends are supposed to be friendly."

"I don't like that he touches you and calls you Sweetie. He's not allowed to do that, only I'm allowed to do that."

"You're jealous?"

"I'm not jealous," I insisted. "I just don't like that he has seen the way your face scrunches up and heard that cute, little noise you make in the back of your throat when you . I want to be the only one."

He smiled. "That's jealousy, Guk-ah." I looked away with a pout. He chuckled and put his hand on my cheek so he could turn my head and press his lips against mine. "It's okay that you're jealous. I'm sorry, I just like skinship a lot. But for you I'll try to cut back on it. Is that alright?" I nodded. He lowered his hand again and took mine, giving it a light squeeze. Then his smile faded away. "I... don't like that you didn't tell me about Junhong. Actually I don't like it when you keep things from me like that at all."

I frowned. "You didn't tell me the truth about the car crash. You keep things from me too."

He rolled his eyes. "At least my secret wasn't the cause of our breakup."

"And neither was mine." I let go of his hands and crossed my arms over my chest instead. "There's something else that bothers me. I don't like that you keep accusing me of cheating. It should be pretty clear by now that I would never do something like that to you so I don't understand why you keep assuming I would." He opened his mouth as if to respond, but closed it again. Then he pulled away from me completely and curled up on the bed as close to the far edge as he could get without falling off. A sudden feeling of worry hit me and I lay down as well, wrapping my arm around his waist. He didn't resist when I used that arm to pull him closer to me so he wouldn't fall off the bed. I linked our fingers, resting them on top of his flat stomach. I could feel him shivering slightly. That only made me more concerned. "What's wrong?"

"My mother cheated on my father," he mumbled. His voice was so quiet that I almost couldn't hear what he was saying. "When I was in the fifth grade he found out that she was sleeping with one of the guys from work. They didn't get a divorce and my father says he forgives her, but they still fight over it all the time." I could tell that he was crying from the way he was trembling. "That's probably also one of the reasons why my father is so angry with you still. He thinks you cheated. I don't want you to cheat on me."

"Turn around, look at me." I loosened my grip to allow him to follow my request. I held his face and gently wiped his tears away with the pads of my thumbs. "We are not your parents, Himchan," I whispered. "We don't have to be like them. We can be different. Alright?"

He nodded, sniffling. "Yeah."

"And I won't cheat on you. Ever. I love you too much to hurt you like that."

"I love you too, Guk-ah."

I pressed a kiss to his forehead. "No more keeping secrets?"

"No more keeping secrets," he agreed. His lips tasted slightly salty when I kissed him.

 

*****

 

A/N: and here we see banghim talking things out. it's going to explain a few things about why they react the way they do and blahblahblah. that's really all that's going on with this chapter and therefore I have nothing else to say about it.
oh. and to be honest I'm actually kind of surprised how few of you picked up on the fact that HIMCHAN TOPPED YONGGUK in the last chapter. >:3 because, yeah, that is what happened. HIMCHAN TOPPED YONGGUK. go back and read it if you didn't pick up on it and you will see. okay. I'm going to go away now. leave pretty comments and... stuffs............. bye!