19

Regeneration

 

The bed was cold when I woke up and that surprised me. I remembered getting drunk the night before and I remembered heat of some sort, but now it was all cold. I experimentally cracked one eye open and decided right away that I didn't like it at all and that sleep was much, much better. So I rolled over in order to bury myself under the blankets. That was how I noticed that I was . I also noticed some sort of dried substance on my chest and nether regions and then I remembered what had happened. I had taken Himchan home. I had slept with Himchan.

I sat up too quickly and the room decided to punish me for that by turning into a carrousel so I had to struggle to prevent the contents of my stomach from seeing the light of day. I clutched my head. I was pounding like someone had kicked me in the face and I suddenly recalled why I didn't like drinking much. "Chan-ah?" I called out into the silence in a croaking voice. I listened for a response for a few seconds before calling again. When there was still no answer I defied my hangover and rolled out of bed.

I searched the entire apartment for him with no luck. The only sign that he had even been there at all were the damp towels that had been hung on the shower curtain rod to dry. That was a typical Himchan thing to do. I would have thrown them on the floor and he would have scolded me and I would have ended up dragging him off to the bedroom because he was attractive when he was flustered and it wasn't until just then that I realized how much I really missed Himchan.

I went back to the room, ready to bury myself in the bed and never ever leave again. I wasn't sure what I was the most upset about. The fact that I had taken Himchan home or the fact that he had left me without a word. I remembered being thrilled the previous night when he allowed me to kiss him. I had been so ecstatic when he came home with me because I thought that that would fix everything and that he had forgiven me and that I could be happy again. Apparently I was wrong.

Not until I fell into bed did I notice something obnoxiously pink on one of the pillows and when I looked closer that it was a sticky note and that there was something written on it. "This was a mistake". I stared down at the quickly scrawled letters, reading the words over and over again. A mistake? A mistake. I crumbled the small piece of paper and threw it on the floor. I would have preferred if he had just left without a word rather than this.

 

I stayed on the couch for the entire day. I couldn't get myself to stay in a bed where every single stain would remind me of Himchan and I was too lazy to change the sheets, so I migrated to the couch and just sat there. I didn't even bother to get up when my stomach started screaming at me to tell me that I should put food in it. It felt like it was eating itself anyway, so I guess that was alright. As long as I didn't have to move, everything was alright. I was never drinking again.

It had been dark for hours when Hanhae came. He was in my living room all of a sudden, turning on light and carrying several plastic bags which he placed on the coffee table in front of me. "How did you get in?" I asked him unenthusiastically.

"Spare key," sounded the response and I sighed, dropping my head back against the couch's backrest.

"Remind me to find a new spot for that."

He ignored me and cleared a spot on the couch so he could sit down. "What happened to you last night?" he wanted to know. "All of a sudden you were gone and you weren't picking up your phone. I've been trying to call you all day too."

"I bumped into Himchan." That was all I had to say for his expression to soften, but I continued talking anyway. "I took him home. We had . I woke up to a note telling me it was a mistake. It was a mistake, Hanhae. Our whole relationship was a mistake. I've been wasting my life." I hid my face in my hands and let out a heavy sigh.

"Stop being such a drama queen, it's not attractive on you." I moved my hands to glare at him. He didn't care. He never did. "I know for a fact that Himchan is having a hard time as well. Personally I think you're both idiots and I'm kind of over this whole thing. Would you like something to eat?"

"Did you know that tomorrow would have been our seventh anniversary?" I ignored the way his sigh sounded like he wanted me to just stop talking. "I wanted to propose then, but I just couldn't wait any longer. I loved him too much to wait. I still love him more than anything." I rambled on for a bit longer about how much I loved Himchan. Hanhae listened to the best of his ability. I knew he wasn't good with this kind of stuff.

Eventually he pulled a face and got up from his seat. "I'm sorry, I can't do this any longer. Too many emotions for me." He made his way towards the front door and crouched down to put on his shoes. I didn't stop him. "Oh, by the way, I brought something else for you. It's in the brown paper bag."

I managed to find the bag in question among the bags filled with takeout and pulled out a bottle of vodka. "More alcohol?" I questioned with a groan. "Really?"

Hanhae merely shrugged. "I thought it might be helpful. Booze tends to make the pain go away. Have fun." He left the apartment before I could tell him to get rid of that horrible substance for me. I stared at the bottle in my hand and shuddered before putting it down on the table. I didn't want it.

Even though I had promised myself just a few hours earlier that I would never ever drink again ever, most of the bottle's contents were inside of me before long, making me sufficiently drunk, but not too drunk, to dial a very familiar number and hold my phone up against my ear. I breathed heavily into the receiver until there was a click at the other end of the line. "Yah, Kim Himchan!"

 

*****

 

A/N: so like most of you had predicted their struggles weren't over just because they had a drunk one night stand. himchan fled and yongguk is being all disgusting and emotional again. I love hanhae in this chapter. I don't know what else to say.
some people seem to have misunderstood the order of things; I (goopeculiar) write the chapters from yongguk's point of view, waipeu (littledisawesome) writes the chapters from himchan's point of view. waipeu called daehyun a horrible person in the last chapter, not me (although I must say I do agree with her). I just thought I'd clear that up. :3

here's hanhae in a shopping cart (and sanchez... sanchez is a y ... and kiggen... who is also a y ):