27

Regeneration

 

And just like that Himchan and I were back to calling each other 'boyfriend' again. I was pretty sure he didn't mean for it to happen the way it did, it seemed to be a slip of the tongue, but I didn't comment on it and neither did he. I was fine with things the way they were anyway. I just liked that our relationship was actually progressing.

I felt my heart skip a beat when I finished class one day and left the classroom to go to the cafeteria and I saw my boyfriend standing there in the hallway, hands clutching the handle of a covered wicker basket and a faint blush coloring his cheeks. I knew it was his day off, but I was still surprised to see him. I walked over to him and pulled him in for a hug right away. "What are you doing here?" I asked him and he held up the basket.

"I made food," he announced proudly. I shot him a skeptical look since I knew that his abilities in a kitchen were nothing to brag about. He pouted and punched me on the arm. "Why are you looking at me like that? Don't doubt me. Fine, I'll leave again if you don't want me here." He motioned to walk away from me, but I grabbed him by the wrist and slid my hand into his, making sure he couldn't get away.

"I'm sorry, Chan-ah~," I muttered and his scowl vanished almost as quickly as it had appeared and he pecked me on the cheek. He had kissed me when he was drunk, but I was pretty sure he didn't remember that so we hadn't quite gotten that far yet. For now I was content with holding hands. We were taking it slow and I was allowing my boyfriend to take his time.

"I didn't know if Junhong-ah would be joining us today, but I made enough for him anyway," Himchan told me as we walked down the hallway hand in hand. "I hope he likes kimbap."

"I'm sure he likes just about everything." I knew that the boy wasn't being fed well enough at home and I knew that he wasn't picky when it came to food. Once I had finally gotten him to open up to me he would always tell me to just pick something for him when I was ordering food and he would eat it no matter what I got him.

Junhong seemed to be in a good mood this day, practically bouncing in his chair when we entered the classroom he was sitting in. "Hi, hyungs," he greeted us both and Himchan chuckled, ruffling up his hair.

I sat down on another chair, watching my boyfriend unpack. "I brought you something special, Junhong-ah," he said with a secretive smile. He placed the basket on top of the teacher's desk and pulled out a couple of plastic boxes neatly packed with kimbap. I was impressed by how well-made they looked, especially considering that it was Himchan's work. I didn't voice my thoughts because I knew he would be offended if I did.

The last box that was pulled out of the basket contained something different and the young boy's eyes widened when he saw it. "Cherry tomatoes!" he exclaimed and extended his arms, doing grabbing motions with his hands. "Mine!" As soon as the box changed hands Junhong practically tore the lid off and he stuffed a couple of tomatoes into his mouth, making his cheeks bulge out. He had a strange infatuation with the red fruit. "You're the best hyung of all the hyungs!" he declared.

"Hey hey, what about me?" I asked mock-indignantly. The boy ignored me completely in favor of his precious food and I scowled.

"You should have bought him cherry tomatoes." Himchan stuck his tongue out at me. I growled playfully and pulled him into my lap. It hit me that I might have been moving too fast for him, so I tensed up a bit as I awaited his reaction. Fortunately he just smiled and shifted his position so he was sitting sideways instead. I felt a little brave so I even went as far as to slide my arm around his waist and when he didn't move I left it there.

He pulled the lid off one of the other containers and hand-fed me a piece of kimbap. My eyes widened as the flavor filled my mouth. "This is good," I exclaimed and I think my surprise was too obvious because Himchan glowered at me.

"Did you really make this, hyung?" Junhong asked. He had already finished all of his tomatoes - I could tell by the look on his face that he regretted eating them so quickly - and had moved on to the other food. "It's yummy."

My boyfriend grimaced. "I, ah... I may have had some help." He sighed and hung his head. "My mother helped me." He almost seemed embarrassed to admit it.

"It's okay, Chan-ah," I murmured and nuzzled my face against his neck. "It tastes really good." I could tell that he was blushing by the way his skin heated up. I grabbed the chopsticks and fed him a piece of kimbap. "My boyfriend is so talented~."

"Stop being cheesy." He slapped my chest. I just chuckled. I knew that he secretly liked it when I complimented him like that.

"And if I don't?"

"I'm going to make you."

"I'd like to see you try." I hadn't expected him to kiss me, but that was what he did. Before I could do anything he had pressed his lips against mine. It didn't take long for me to return it, though, dropping the chopsticks so I could cup his face as I used the arm I had wrapped around his waist to pull him closer to me. Our lips molded together perfectly just like they used to and the taste he left on my tongue was just like I remembered.

The small whimper that sounded from the back of his throat almost made me lose it, but then I remembered where we were and that we weren't alone. So I pulled away. Himchan's lips were parted and red and he seemed a bit dizzy with the way he had to grab my shirt so he wouldn't fall off my lap, but his eyes were glistening so I knew that he was also happy.

I shot a glance at Junhong. He was staring at us with big eyes, chopsticks frozen on their path from the table to his mouth. "Eww." He put his utensils down and made a face of displeasure. "Ew, why did you taste each other's spit? That's gross!" I couldn't help but laugh while Himchan blushed and stuck his tongue out at the younger before hiding his face in the crook of my neck.

 

*****

 

A/N: HOLY HELL IT'S UPDATE DAY WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME I NEARLY FORGOT ABOUT IT OMG
*cough* a~nyway. yeah. this chapter is kind of cute, huh? at least I'd like to think it is. it's cute, right? T__T
junhong is here again and he's being all cute and stuff and banghim had their (second) first kiss, yay. :D
there's quite a lot of progress in this chapter, so... it's nice. that is all.
leave pretty comments?