62

Regeneration

 

I curled into Yongguk’s side, smiling when his hand tightened on my hip. This was the most comfortable position for the two of us. The closer the better. His personal space was my personal space. I leaned up to press a kiss to his jaw and half expected to hear Zico gagging on the other side of the table. It never came though.  Yongguk chuckled and hid his face in my hair. “I love you Chan-ah.” He mumbled and I was quick to return the sentiments.

There was a yelp from the other side of the table and when I looked up I saw Zico moving away from Youngjae. He had his jaw clinched and I was fairly certain his eyes were misty. “Don’t grab my Zico.” Youngjae glared at him and moved a couple more inches towards the wall.

The elder male grabbed some kimchi and shoved it in his mouth. He wasn’t very good at hiding the fact that he was upset. Yongguk had told me about their kitchen conversation. “I was grabbing your waist…” He moved a little further away from Youngjae before lifting his water up to his mouth. Apparently he was taking Yongguk’s advice on the alcohol.

The scowl immediately fell from Youngjae’s face and the younger male moved back towards Zico. It didn’t seem like his boyfriend noticed though. Even though it was the last thing I wanted to do I sat up and put a little bit of space between Yongguk and I. It wouldn’t do Zico any good if we rubbed it in his face that we could touch that way. “So Youngjae, what do you do?” Yongguk asked. We didn’t know anything about him, we had never bothered because we didn’t think he would be around very long.

Youngjae glanced at Zico and pouted when the older male didn’t acknowledge his presence. I didn’t know what he expected though, he had just shot Zico down. “I go to school. I’m majoring in programming.” He reached out to touch his boyfriend but Zico nearly fell out of the booth trying to get away from Youngjae’s touch. It was pathetic. They were both terrible at this.

We fell into silence after the humiliating display and Yongguk and I took turns eating off of our shared pile of rice. Normally Zico would have teased us for being cheap but he was busy drowning in his own misery. It was a bit depressing to watch this situation play out in front of us. Zico was obviously trying but Youngjae didn’t seem to want to have any of it.

After a while Zico threw some money down onto the table and stood up. “Can you take him home Hyung?” He glanced at Yongguk for barely a second before his gaze fell back to the floor. I had never seen him act so dejected before. “He lives on the way to your apartment.” He shrugged and his heel so he could walk out.

Youngjae reached out for him but Zico was just outside of his arm’s length. “Zico…” Zico ignored the younger male’s voice and continued walking away from us. “Dammit…”

Yongguk tried to go after his friend but I held him back. My boyfriend wasn’t the person Zico wanted attention from and it would only make matters worse if Yongguk went after him. The blonde boy sitting across the table was the only person that could fix this situation. “You’re going to make things worse Guk-ah. Let him be.”

Yongguk whined and tried to chase after him but before he could Youngjae was out of the booth and had grabbed Zico by the shoulders. He forced the older male to turn around and before there was any time for resistance he slammed their mouths together. It seemed so forceful that I cringed. One of them would probably have a split lip.

Youngjae kept their lips together for a few seconds before pulling away and resting his head on Zico’s shoulder. He held the taller male tightly so Zico had no chance of escape. Some guy started clapping and Zico stared at him as though he would prefer if the guy dropped dead. After several incredibly awkward minutes Youngjae pulled Zico back to the table and made him sit down. “Don’t go Jiho?” He asked before pressing his lips against Zico’s ear.

The entire exchanged seemed incredibly personal so I looked away from it and gave my attentions back to Yongguk. “You’re really y Chan-ah.” He smiled at me and ran a finger down the bridge of my nose. “Has anyone ever told you that?” I felt myself start to blush and his smile widened. He bent over to press kisses to each of my eyes and the tip of my nose. “I love you.”

I pressed our lips together, scooting ever closer to him on the seat. “I love you too.” I mumbled against his lips, nipping at the lower one as I spoke. One of his hands slipped up the back of my shirt and the other slid down to my backside.

“You two really are disgusting.” Youngjae chuckled from the other side of the table. We pulled apart and Yongguk stuck his tongue out at the two people on the other side of the table. Youngjae put his head down on Zico’s shoulder and the older male slid his arm around the blonde. “Do you ever drown in each other’s grease?”

“From time to time.” Yongguk nuzzled his face into my hair again and pulled me even closer. “It’s like a game. We try to see who can disgust our friends more. One of the side effects is that we disgust ourselves too.”

“You are horrible people.” He glared at us and I almost burst out in laughter at how ridiculous it looked. He wasn’t a scary person at all.

Zico pouted – something else that looked absurd – and used his free hand to grab onto Youngjae’s sleeve. “I want to be disgusting too… maybe not as disgusting as Hyung but… you know, disgusting.”

A smile played at Youngjae’s lips and he moved to press them against Zico’s. It was strange to see them this way but that didn’t mean I wasn’t happy for them. I didn’t think I had ever seen Zico blush before but a kiss from Youngjae brought a flush to his cheeks. It reminded me of when Yongguk and I had gotten together the first time. “We’ll be disgusting then.”

Yongguk and I watched the two of them for a little while in silence. I had to hide a smile every time I saw Zico do something that was out of character for him. He looked legitimately happy. “We should leave them alone, Guk.” I whispered when our two companions ended up connected at the lips.

He nodded his head and we quickly paid the bill before escaping so the two could be alone. “Is it safe to go home?” He asked once we were out to the car.

I checked my phone and saw that there was no text from the kids. That meant it was safe but I shook my head. “The kids are using it.” He shuddered but then his entire face lit up. “There’s a motel right down the street. They rent by the hour. We could buy a couple of hours and wait until we can go home again?” I didn’t have to offer twice. Yongguk reached over my body to buckle me into the car and then put his own seat belt on.

______

Well... Friday's the end and I really should have something to say... but I'll put it there tomorrow cos y'know:


I'm not crying or anything <3
Leave us comments and I'm going to go drown in the perfection that is Block B and shirtlesshyo