33

Regeneration

 

People exiting the assembly hall were staring at me and whispering among each other as they passed me. I was trying to keep the flush from taking over my entire face, but the longer I stood there the more embarrassed I felt. Finally I spotted a familiar face in the crowd of students. I perked up. Himchan craned his neck and scanned the area with his eyes and once they landed on me he froze. I waved. He broke out in a smile. "Guk-ah!" He sprinted towards me and I halfway expected him to tackle me so I prepared myself for impact. He stopped when he was still a few feet away from me, however, and stared.

"Hi, Chan-ah," I mumbled. I rubbed the back of my neck sheepishly. "These, ah, these are for you." I held out the flowers I had brought. When he merely gawked at them for what seemed like minutes I felt a little stupid about buying them for him, but then he practically tore the bouquet out of my hand and proceeded to hug the life out of me.

"Oh my God, Yongguk. I love you. Why are you like this? I love you. Oh my God!"

I groaned. "Can't... breathe." He let go of me and pulled away, muttering a brief apology. I just chuckled and pecked him on the nose. "I love you too~," I whispered and slid my hand into his, the one that wasn't holding the flowers. "Congratulations on graduating, I guess." I wasn't really sure what to say in situations like this. Still, he grinned and kissed me on the cheek.

"We're going out to eat. Do you want to come with us?"

"Am I allowed?" I looked at Himchan's parents who had joined us. His father eyed me up and down and then scoffed. I gulped. He really didn't seem fond of the idea, but Himchan's mother backhand slapped him on the arm and sent me a strained smile.

"Of course it's alright for you to have dinner with us, Yongguk," she said. Her husband didn't seem to agree at all. He remained quiet, though.

We walked to their car and I got in the backseat with Himchan. He curled up to my side with his arms wrapped around my waist as soon as I had sat down. I ran my fingers through his hair. "You should put on your seat belt," I muttered. He pouted and shook his head and buried his face in my shirt. "Chan-ah..."

"But then I can't hold you properly," he whined. I chuckled, but I pushed him off me gently and reached over him to put on his seat belt for him.

"Your safety is more important to me." I pressed my lips to the side of his head and placed my hand on his leg. I bit down on my bottom lip at the feeling of warm, soft, jean-covered flesh under my palm. I couldn't help but give it a squeeze. To be honest I was sort of obsessed with my boyfriend's thighs and I would always touch them when I could get away with it. I kept squeezing it until he started squirming. He shoved me and told me to stop groping him. "It's not my fault that your legs are so nice," I defended myself with a wolfish grin. He rolled his eyes. He leaned in to kiss me anyway.

When I turned my head to face forward again I locked eyes with Himchan's father and my smile faded right away. He was sitting in the passenger's seat in front of us, glaring at me in the rearview mirror and he clearly didn't approve of the way I was touching his son. But then Himchan scooted as close as he could get and laced our fingers together and leaned his head on my shoulder and I forgot all about the way his father looked like he wanted me to suffer a slow, painful death.

Before long we arrived at the restaurant and we got a table and ordered food. I noticed that Himchan was staring at me as I ate and when I shot him a questioning glance he laughed. "Your chopsticks," he said as if it explained everything, but it just made me more confused and I looked down at the utensils in my hand.

"What about them?"

"You're holding them all weird."

I cocked a brow in question. "We've been together for more than seven years and I've been eating this way the whole time and now you're telling me that I'm doing it wrong?"

My boyfriend rolled his eyes. "I guess I was distracted by your handsome face," he said playfully and stuck his tongue out at me.

"Oh, so you're saying that my face is not good enough to be a distraction anymore?"

"Shut up." He put his own chopsticks down and reached out to change the way I was holding mine, placing them differently in my hand and making me grip them another way than I was used to. I just let him move my fingers, a small smile of amusement tugging at the corners of my mouth. "There, all better," he said and pulled his hands away. I tried picking up some food while I was holding my chopsticks in this - supposedly - improved way, but I couldn't get it to work the way I wanted it to and I ended up dropping both the food and the utensils and Himchan burst out laughing.

"It's not funny," I growled, but I think it lost a bit of its effect since I was smiling at the same time. I picked up my chopsticks again and held them my own way this time and I stuck my tongue out at my boyfriend who was clutching his stomach as he laughed.

Once his laughter died down he let out a sigh. "Oh my God, I love you so much," he wheezed.

My smile grew. "I love you more~."

"I love you most." I leaned over to nuzzle my nose against his and then about ten seconds later I realized that we weren't alone. I tensed up and turned my head slowly to look at Himchan's parents. They were both staring at us as if they weren't sure how to react, but with equal parts of disgust and disbelief showing on their expressions. I pulled away from my boyfriend abruptly, sitting back in my seat and I stared down at my plate.

A few minutes went by in awkward silence while we continued eating. Then Himchan's mother cleared and spoke up: "Well, I think the way you hold your chopsticks is perfectly fine, Yongguk. I mean, as long as you get the food from your plate to your mouth it's okay, right?" I wanted to die.

 

*****

 

A/N: aaand we're back! :D did you miss us and our updates? I hope you did. >:3 anyway. as most of you know aff ate a bunch of stuffs and we were kind of waiting to see if our latest chapter would come back, but since it didn't I'm posting it again. some of you may have read it already, but aff went haywire pretty much right after our last update so a lot of people probably haven't read it, which is why I'm here posting it again. I hope you don't mind~ :3 after this, updates will be back to the way they were.
this chapter is just a whooole bunch of banghim disgustingness. :D I'm pretty sure I said this in the last author's note as well, but since some people didn't get to read that I'm just going to say it again (because I can); the thing with the chopsticks was inspired by the video of predebut yongguk where he was with secret and he was eating and someone said that he was holding his chopsticks all funny, hence this. :3
there seems to have been a shortage of banghim moments as of late which is kind of sad, but then today this beautiful beautiful thing happened (which I am sure you have all seen because huewhuifhefuiewf) and they're all pretty and smiling and happy together therefore I am happy as well. T^T happy banghim = happy goo. \o/
I'll see you all soon~