afraid

Goodbyes and Hellos [Hiatus]

Third person pov

Hyunae kept shut for the rest of the day. She made Seungri and Yongguk promise not to say a word to anyone especially her brother. If TOP knew the incident that happened earlier today, there was no doubt that Seunghyun would drag Hyunae herself to Junhyung's doorstep and reveal her secret to him. Seunghyun had been bugging Hyunae about this ever since she came back to Korea. Literally, everyday he asks her when she'll tell him. Sure, Hyunae was determined that she'll tell him about their daughter, but she wants to do it right.

 

"It's been six hours and he hasn't called or text me about today." She huffed as she plopped on the couch in her brother's living room. There was no doubt that Junhyung has some thought of who might Minka belongs to. But Hyunae doesn't want to just pop up in Beast's dorm. She wanted him to make the first move. Hyunae figured that if Junhyung contacts her about her daughter, then that would only mean that he cares about the little girl. If he doesn't contact her, then that means that he thinks it's not his and he doesn't care who she belongs too.

 

"I put Minka to bed. What about you?" Her older brother came walking down the stairs. He sat next to her and the tv, flipping it to some variety show. "Oppa" Hyunae grabbed the controller and shut off the tv. "I was watching that" He complained and reached for the controller again, only to get it yanked away from him. "Ah oppa! I have to tell you something!" She yelled at him and he backed down.

 

"At the studio today... they met." Seunghyun furrowed his eyebrows and let them straightened again once he figured who 'they' were. "And?" he asked, curious as to what happened while he was away from them.
"And, he walked away..."
"WHAT!"
Hyunae yanked him back down, "Oppa calme down. He had to perform, so he walked away" She quickly defended him. "Tell me what happened."

 

"Seungri took her to get some candies at the vending machines and I went to meet Yongguk. As we were heading back to your dressing room, I saw Minka with him. He was holding her hand and they were smiling at each other."
"And?"
"And then Minka ran towards me, calling me mommy. Junhyung oppa looked confused and he just stared at me. Then his manager came and took him. Now..."
"Do you think he knows?"
"I don't know. But I think he has some idea. Oppa..."
She turned to face him, "I'm waiting for his call or text or anything. Just to make sure he cares."
"He hasn't done any of that?"
Hyunae shook her head and pouted. Just then her phone vibrated and she swiftly grabbed it from the coffee table infront of them. It was a message from Junhyung, the one she was waiting for.

 

Seunghyun looked at her in anticipation and she heaved a heavy sigh before opening the message. The preview shot of the message didn't really give any hints. Her eyes scanned the message that he had sent: I'm afraid to ask you this question, but it's been bugging me. I'm really curious about that little girl who called you mommy today. Can we meet tomorrow?

 

Hyunae read the message multiple times to make sure her eyes and mind weren't playing trick on her. "So... what he say?" Her thoughts got cut off by her brother. "He wants to meet tomorrow" She whispered softly, suddenly not having enough strength in her. Hyunae tapped away on her phone as she replied back to him: Okay.

 

After a few seconds, he replied back to her: I can't leave the dorm tomorrow. I'll be alone, so if it's okay for you to come... Can you bring her too?

-----

Before heading to bed, Hyunae peeked in Minka's room and smiled softly as she watched her daughter sleeping while hugging the Loopy doll that she recieved. Hyunae went inside her room and got under the covers, staring at the ceiling above her. "I can't believe I'm finally going to do it." She whispered silently. She then decided to text Yongguk about it. They had planned to go out tomorrow for a lunch date, but now that she had something more important to do, she has to cancel on him. Just a few seconds after she sent the text, her phone vibrated and she picked up quickly.

 

"Oppa, did my text wake you up?" She asked cautiously, thinking that she had woken him up in the middle of the night.
"Ani..." He yawned and Hyunae pouted a little. "Actually yes, but that's okay. What's up?"
"Junhyung oppa texted me... He said he wanted to meet tomorrow"
Hyunae bit her lip.
"About Minka?" She nodded as if he would see her through the phone.
"Yeah. I guess he wants to know who she belongs to" She let out a nervous chuckle and Yongguk could sense it.
"Don't be nervous Hyun. Just tell him the truth." He assure her.

 


"But I'm scared oppa. What if he doesn't believe me and he... he..." Hyunae's voice cracked as tears started falling down her soft cheeks.
"Babe" Yongguk cooed through the phone. Just one word from him and Hyunae stopped in her tracks. He called her 'babe' and that made her heart suddenly beat a little faster than before. She wiped her tears away and huffed slightly. "You're gonna be fine. The way he was smiling at her today, I'm sure he'll be fond of her." Hyunae felt safe again at his assurance. "Now go to sleep. It's late, I don't want you meeting him looking like Seungri tomorrow." Hyunae chuckled and so did he. "Arasso oppa. Komawo." She smiled throught the phone. As if Yongguk knew what she did, he smiled too.

 

"Goodnight babe, sweet dreams"
"Goodnight oppa"

 

She laid down in bed, amazed at how Yongguk could make her feel. She felt like breaking down from nervousness before, but after hearing his words, she felt secured again. Hyunae loved the fact that he's always so supporting of her despite only knowing her for a short time. Yongguk always cared about her well being and also Minka's. She knows that for a fact. Hyunae also knows how much he likes her, with Junhong always complaining at how his leader always talks about her all the time. Yet, despite liking her to the extreme, he never once got jealous over Junhyung. Yongguk understood that even though they are not together, they still have to eventually work with each other because os Minka.  

 

Hyunae also was amazed how he can make her forget about Junyung quickly. When she thinks about Junhyung, all she had to do was think about Yongguk and she'll quickly forget about any thoughts of Junhyung. Is she really over him? Has Yongguk completely taken over her heart?

-----

Hyunae dressed herself in casual attire and went to Minka's room to get her ready. She told her daughter that she was going to meet her favorite Beast member, which was the same man who she met yesterday. Minka was more than happy to tag along with her mom. Hyunae drove to the address that Junhyung had sent to her that morning. Turns out that through the three years that she had been gone, Beast had moved dorms two times. This one is fairly close to where the villa is. But despite the close distance, Hyunae decided to drive because now that Minka's face had been plastered all over the internet, she was scared of the people coming up to her and cooeing over her.

 

Hyunae held on her daughter's small hands firmly as she steps inside the elevator. Her hands trembled as she pressed the level of where the dorm is located. As she stare at the increasing number that was plastered above her head, her heart started racing at an inhumane speed. The elevator door dinged and she stepped out slowly. Hyunae stopped for a moment before Minka tugged on her hand, to continue walking.

 

She stood there and gave a heavy sigh before pressing the doorbell infront of her. She could hear heavy footsteps coming closer to their location and stopped when the door swung open.

 

5/27/12

dun dun dun