heavy heart

Goodbyes and Hellos [Hiatus]

It's been exactly two weeks since I had last seen Yongguk and Junhyung. I've been thinking about both of them and I've decided to forget about Junhyung and let him live his life with his new girlfriend. I was still planning to tell him about Minka, of course. But I'm going to back off and put him in the past. I thought about it hard and decided to give Yongguk a chance too. I really like him and the feeling is mutual. We've been texting each other and whenever I sent him a message, I was constantly waiting for his reply. He gives me the same feelings that I had when Junhyung and I started dating. I kinda miss him too.

 

I was sitting in the living room, bored out of my mind. Seunghyun oppa took Minka to an amusement park along with Jiyong, Seungri, and Eunbi. I overslept and they didn't even bother to wake me up and take me with them. Now here I am, eating a popsicle and flipping through the channels. Just then, my phone rang and without looking at the caller ID, I answered it. "Hello?" I said in a bored tone. "Hey" My eyed widened in surprise, it's him. 

 

"Yoseob gave me your number" The background was quiet and he's speaking to me in a monotone voice. "Can we meet?" I was quiet for a moment until I heard him sigh. "Hyunae-ah"
"Huh? Oh, yeah. Sure"
My heart was pounding, not knowing the reason. Was it because I was nervous of meeting him again or was it something else?
"The park near your house. Meet me there in 10, I'm on my way."
"Arasso"

 

He hung up on me and I just stared at the blank screen infront of me. He didn't sound excited at all. I sigh and dragged my feet up the stairs and into my room to change. Since the park was in the same neighborhood as our old house, it was fairly close from the villa. It would only take me five minutes by feet. After a short period of time, I reached the park with only a few kids around. I sat myself down on the same bench that was under the tree. The same place I became officially his and the same place I last seen him. I had no choice but to sit there, as it was the only spot that was away from the kids that were playing there. The wind blew a gust of warm air, but I felt goosebumps forming all over my body. I looked down on the bench and saw the carving from years ago. It was faintly showing, but the letters and date were still visible. 

 

Jiyong sent me a text and I opened it only to be greeted by my daughter's smiling face. Minka had a bunny headband  on and a pink cotton candy stick on one hand. I smiled when I saw her picture. 'Kiss my baby for me and don't get caught oppa!!~' I texted him back. Right when I sent the message, a shadow appeared infront of me. Junhyung was standing there with his hand inside his pockets, wearing a fedora and dark shades on. He sat down next to me and there was a few seconds of silence until he decided to break it.

 

"When did you get back?" He asked me without turning my way.
"About three weeks ago" I spoke in a soft tone and he nodded his head. "How are you oppa?"
"Great. You?"
The wind suddenly stopped blowing and the children's laughters were silent. All I could hear was him.
"Fine. Beast is doing great... congratulations" I softly smiled and chuckled.
"Yeah, it's been three years you know. A lot has happen in three years" Sarcasm was all over his voice. I sighed and he turned my way. "What the hell happened?" He suddenly asked and I looked at him, squinting my eyes, trying to see those eyes of his, but the darkness of his shades hindered me from doing so.
"We broke up and there was no reason for me to stay anymore" No, I lied. I was carrying your child, but I know that would ruin your career that didn't even start yet.
"So you left because of me?" Yes.
"I left because of me. Oppa, I couldn't just stay in the sidelines. No matter how much I wanted to see you and watch you live your dreams, I couldn't. Knowing you're right there, yet I can't be with you. I coudn't handle it." I whispered, but loud enough for him to hear. He was silent for a few minutes. I turned my head the opposite way for him to not see the tears that were building in my eyes.

 

"I had a plan Hyun" He leaned back on the bench. "When Beast settles down, I was going to get you back." I wiped my tears quickly and whipped my head towards him. "But then you left and I didn't hear anything from you for three ing years." His voice got louder as he spoke. "I ing missed you, you know that?" Anger filled his voice. "Oppa" I reached out for his hand, but he yanked it away. "For three ing years, I lived a ty life. You know how it felt like to smile and act normal infront of everyone? But on the inside I was dying Hyun... I missed you" I softened at his words once his voice started cracking. "Oppa"

 

"Why did you have to come back?" I shifted my body towards him, confused. He buried his face in his hands before looking at me. "I finally got over you, but then you came back." He said it. Junhyung was over me. I tried not to blink because if I did, the water that filled my eyes would drop in an instant. "I finally forgot all about you and then you show up infront of me." I laughed a little at his statement.

 

"You're over me... you forgot about me." I said unamused and he furrowed his eyebrows at me. "That's great. Because for three years, all I ever thought about was you. I came back thinking once I tell you, we would be happy again. But I guess it's too late. Payback's a huh oppa?" He looked at me like I was some nutshell that ran away from some mental hospital. "I left you and now it's biting me back in the ." I couldn't hide my tears anymore. They just ran down my cheeks freely. "Don't worry oppa. I won't get in the way. I know you're happy now. I could tell from last time we met." I stood up and straightened myself out. I turned around and smiled at him, "I won't get in your way or you and Hara's relationship. But since my brother likes dragging me to his schedules, I'm sure you'll see me again." And you're daughter. "It was nice talking to you again oppa. It was nice knowing how you feel about me too. Now I know what I'm about to do will make me feel at ease." Now I know that being with Yongguk was what I wanted.

 

I dragged my feet away from him and started walking home with a heavy heart.

 

5/26/12