going home

Goodbyes and Hellos [Hiatus]

A month after 2NE1 had visited and convinced me to go back to Korea, here I am packing in my room. I decided it's time to go back but first I had to take care of some stuff. I had a month left of the school year, so I finished that first. I also quit my job today and decided to rent my place to Jenny unnie. I'm here packing last minute because our flight will be tomorrow at noon. I told my parents my final decision and they have agreed. But our arrival will be a secret from everyone else in Korea. Only 2NE1 knows and they promised to keep it a secret. I wanted to surprise all of them over there.

 

"Mommy, I finished packing" Minka comes barging in my room. She is still oblivious of what's to come when we go back to Korea. All she knows is that she will see her Uncle Seunghyun and Auntie Eunbi. She still has no idea that her father will be there. Minka hasn't asked or even mentioned her dad and I'm not complaining. But I know there will come a time when she asks me where he is. The answer to that might be harder for me to answer, as I'm still not ready to face him and tell him that he has a child.

 

You see a few weeks ago, Jenny told me a news that shocked me. It was of Junhyung and Kara's Goo Hara's relationship. I didn't expect him to be dating anyone. I guess I was selfish to think that maybe he still loves me and will wait for me to come back but who am I kidding? A part of me was selfish and wanted him to only love me but a part of me knows that he had moved on. I guess he's happy to be in a relationship with his ideal girl.

 

So if you're wondering that the purpose of me going back is to knock on his door and present his daughter infront of him, then you're wrong. Sure I will tell him about Minka, but not now. There will come a time when he is going to know. He has a right to know. But as of right now, I'm too scared that he'll push us away because he had found someone else. I'm too scared that he'll push Minka away. I can't have my poor innocent daughter be treated like that even though I know the reason is me.

-----

"I'm gonna miss you so much Hyun" Jenny hugged me to the point that I had to push her away from me to be able to breath. Victor settled Minka down to the ground and we all bid our farewells. "Be good to your mommy alright?" Minka nodded with a smile on her face.

 

After hearing our flight, we hurriedly walked to the plane. I was struggling with my bags that I was carrying and Minka, who decided to be whiny and grumpy at this moment, isn't helping at all. "Mommy, my Mimi fell" I heard Minka call out, but I was too busy looking for our seats that I couldn't help her. Just when I was about to turn around and grab her overpriced American Girl Doll, someone had already done so. "Is this yours?" An extremely tall, goodlooking Korean man asked. Minka nodded her head and put her arms out to take her doll in her hands again. "Thank you mister" she replied to the man as he handed her the doll.

 

The man and I exchanged looks and I bowed slightly to thank him. He smiled back to me and I felt something inside my chest jump a little. That man looked familiar. As we settled down on our seats, I noticed that the man, who wore a cap and a hoodie over it, was seated not so far away from us. Actually he was sitting on the aisle next to us. We sat in the middle aisle and he was sitting next to us, near the window. I kept glancing at him because he looked so familiar to me. Have I seen him before? I gave up when I couldn't remember him at all.

 

"Mommy I'm hungry" Minka tugged on my arm.
"What do you want baby?" I turned to her and noticed the man looking at us. He immediately turned his head back to the window.
"The crackers!" she suddenly beamed and wiggled her feet as I gave her the animal crackers I had packed. I saw the man smiling and shaking his head.

-----

Ugh my back hurts. I couldn't sleep in the plane at all and I have no idea why. Minka on the other hand, slept like a bear. After claiming our luggage, we headed out to where Seunghyun oppa's manager would be picking us up. I managed to call him and he agreed to secretly pick us up from the airport. With one hand pushing the cart and one holding on to my baby's hand, we were heading out.

 

As we get closer and closer to where the visitors were waiting, I could hear a crowd of what seems to be girls chanting something. "Beast Beast Beast" No way. I can see crowds of girls holding placards that has the name of the group and man that I was planning to avoid. They can't be here can they?

 

The crowd got louder and louder as I see a group of figure walking pass me. I couldn't tell who they were, but I'm assuming it's Beast. I couldn't see thier faces either because of so many security guards surrounding them. I pulled Minka close to me because she was getting scared of all the noises and I was afraid that I'll lose her in this crowd.

"Hyunae?" I froze in my spot
"Choi Hyunae!"

Uh oh

 

5/19/12