his life

Goodbyes and Hellos [Hiatus]

"Hey babe," Junhyung comes barging in my room with a big grin on his face.

"Hi," I beamed at him. He wrapped his arms around my waist as he kissed my cheek.

 

Today, we finally get to spend time together. It's been so long since we had time to ourselves. We graduated high school a few weeks ago and he's been busy with training. I missed him so much. Did I tell you what he does? Well, he's a rapper. I went to every rap battles he's participated in. Junhyung also auditioned for entertainment companies, but got rejected many times. Now, he's a trainee for an upcoming boy group from Cube Entertainment. This is the happiest I have ever seen him. He's doing what he finally wanted to do. I'm so proud of him.

 

He's laying down on my bed while I go through my closet, trying to figure out what to wear for today. "Babe, we're only going to the movies. You don't have to be fancy." "But I wanna look fancy for you. I haven't seen you in three days," I pouted and he chuckled at my childish behavior. "You don't even have to try."

 

Junhyung took me out to eat at my favorite Italian restaurant close by my house. We sat by the window and chatted while waiting for our food to arrive. Suddenly, a figure stood by our table. "Omma?" It was Junhyung's mother. He hasn't seen her for almost a year now. His parents divorced last year and ever since then, he hasn't seen her. She doesn't like me either. She never liked the idea of him doing music and she hates me for supporting him.

 

"How are you son? Aren't you going to invite me to sit with you?" she asked in her snobby tone.

"Uhhm we're on a date right now," Junhyung stared her down.

"It's okay oppa. Your mom can join us," I said quietly. I didn't like the woman because she treated her son badly. But for some reason, I just can't seem to hate her. I guess maybe because there's a part of me that wanted my boyfriend's mother to like me.

 

Junhyung shifted next to me, while Mrs. Yong sat across from us. She was glaring at me with her sharp eyes and I felt like a little girl getting scolded. I felt so small everytime she looks at me. Junhyung noticed me and held my hand, giving it a squeeze.

 

"It's nice seeing you again son." "Yeah, good thing you spotted us or else I would wait another year to see my own mother." Junhyung was cold towards her and the atmosphere in this restaurant is a little tense right now. The food arrived and we all started eating. She would ask him questions and he would either give her a nod or a simple yes or no.

 

"I see you're still with her. What is it now? Two years? I'm surprised you're still with her," she said coldly without even glancing at me.

"She's right here mom"

"If you ever dump her, just tell me. My good friends have daughters that will match you better.'"

 

Junhyung puffed and I almost choked on my food. Why is this food so hard to swallow? He was getting angrier and angrier by the minute and I coud sense it. I grabbed his hand and gave it a tight squeeze, signaling him that I'm okay. But I'm not. This woman made me feel like . If my mom ever find out that she treats me like this, this woman wouldn't be able to step foot anywhere.

 

We stayed there for about thirty minutes until Junhyung has had enough of her questions for him and insults for me. He pulled me up and dragged me out of the restaurant with his mother yelling for him to come back. My vision was blurry as we were walking down the street to his car. But I didn't wanna cry because of her. I told myself that that woman is not worth my tears. Junhyung and I walked side by side towards his car.

 

The drive was dead silent. He kept his eyes on the road while gripping the steering wheel with much force, his knuckles turned ghostly white. I was looking out the window while leaning on it. I could see him from the corner of my eyes glancing at me once in a while.

 

He stopped at the Han River. I followed him as he got out of the car and watched him sit on a bench before follwoing him. I sat down next to him without a single word being said for a few minutes. I understood clearly why he couldn't utter a word. He hates his mother. She cheated on his dad and she never really took care of him. He grew up with a nanny. I gave him time on his own and after a few minutes, I patted his shoulder. He looked up to me with sad eyes.

 

"I'm sorry about my mom."

"Ani. I'm kinda used to it." I smiled, hoping to make him laugh. He chuckled for a bit and turned to me.

"I promised to keep her away from you." He looked me in the eyes and I nodded.

 

He gave a heavy sigh as he placed his arm around my shoulder. I leaned my head on his chest and wrapped my arms around his waist.

 

"Damn, now our date is ruined." he muttered.

"Nope, the day isn't over yet. You haven't even taken me to see the Lorax" I pouted again.

"Aigoo~ you want to see the Lorax?" he questioned and pinched my nose. I nodded and smiled. "Babe, that movie's for kids."

"But your still gonna take me right? Right?" I gave him a wink.

"Of course," he chuckled. "Let's go." He stood up and pulled me to walk next to him. He intertwined our fingers together as we make our way back to his car.

 

This is why I love you Hyunae. Everything about you, he thought to himself.


5/1/12