showcase

Goodbyes and Hellos [Hiatus]

Today was finally Beast's showcase. It was going to be held in a small stadium not too far from home. Eunbi and Junhong will be accompanying me today. She's coming because she wants to see Doojoon oppa and I'm dragging Junhong to meet his future sunbaes. We had six hours to spare before the showcase starts, and so we decided to walk around the area before heading there. We were sitting at a restaurant waiting for our food to arrive. "Hyunae, you're getting plump" Eunbi bluntly told me. I frowned, "Even if I'm your best friend, that's not a nice thing to say." I admit I have been eating more than usual these days. I have craving for foods that I never really ate before. The food arrived and the two were stunned at what I have infront of me. "Damn noona" Junhong said surprised. "I'm starving okay."

 

After we ate, we walked around the area a little more. Going inside every store we pass by and trying on clothes we never had in mind to buy. We did everything to pass time. One hour before the showcase, we started heading to the venue. Junhyung texted me saying to get there early so he could give us VIP passes. The three of us got there and there was a huge amount of people walking around with posters in their hands. I tried to drag the two where the backstage door was but there were so many people we could barely move. Then we heard the intercom outside telling us to get in line so we could head inside. We didn't have time to go backstage were Junhung was, so I guess we can't get the VIP passes. I texted him saying we don't have time to see him before the show.

 

We got inside and the place was packed. The three of us ended up in the far back. I don't even know if he could spot us from where we were standing. The place was full and there was no empty spot. "Wow. All these people came for Beast?" Eunbi asked stunned. "No, noona. They came for me" Junhong answered sarcastically and Eunbi pinched his arm. I looked around and saw posters with Junhyung's name on them. They are really getting popular now. This venue was probably packed with more than 3000 fans. Heck, this isn't even a showcase anymore. More like a mini concert.

 

I texted Junhyung one last message before he goes up on stage. A few minutes later, the lights turned dim and there they were, under the spotlight. I watched them perform their first song. Right after their first song, they introduced themselves. Eunbi and I cheered for each one of them, while Junhong tried to shut us up. My smile got bigger and bigger as his turn was coming. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face when he introduced himself. I could see his eyes wander everywhere in the crowd. "He's trying to look for you noona" Junhong whispered in my ear. I tried to wave my arms frantically for him to notice me, but in the end he couldn't.

 

After an hour and a half, the showcase was finally over. I tried to call him but he didn't pick up. "Hey, can we go see them?" Eunbi asked me. "I don't know if we can go backstage since we don't have passes. Plus, I can't contact him and I don't see any of their managers" I said as I try to peek backstage. We stood there for a while, waiting fo the crowd to die down. "Noona, can we go? I'm tired" Junhong whined. We waited and waited hoping he would call or for someone to notice us, but we failed. I tried calling and texting him, but he didn't pick up nor replied back to my texts. In the end, we ended up leaving without seeing them.

 

We dropped Eunbi home and Junhong and I went back home. "Hey honey, how was it?" my mom asked as we entered the living room. "It was great mom. You should've seen him" I said smiling. "Auntie, it was like hell. I mean Beast was great, but staying in that place packed with screaming girls was torture. Hyunae noona and Eunbi noona weren't helping at all. I think they were the loudest" he complained while my mom laughed at his behavior. "Where's dad?" I asked searching for him. "He went out with Eunbi's dad" she answered. "Oh, well I'm beat. I'm gonna go rest now" I got up from the couch and kissed my mom goodnight. "Me too" Junhong did the same and he raced me up the stairs.

 

After a shower, I laid down in my bed thinking of how amazing Junhyung was up on the stage. Then, I heard my phone vibrate and I picked up the call without looking at who it was. "Baby?" the person said. "Oppa" I answered, a curve on my lips appeared. "I hope I didn't wake you up" he said. "Ani, i was just about to go to sleep. But I'm glad you called me" I my stomach.

"You went right?"
"Of course I did!"
he chuckled.
"I didn't get to see you" I could tell he was pouting.
"It's okay cos I saw you" I smiled. "Oppa you were great"
"You think so?"
he asked. "I know so"

Junhyung and I talked for hours. He talked about how nervous he was and how he couldn't concentrate because he was looking for me in the crowd. I talked about how I think I've gone deaf from all the screaming and squealing from his fangirls. I told him how proud I was of him and how great he was. I didn't even notice how late it was at night. Or I should say how early it was in the morning. "Babe, I think I should let you rest" I said to him as I glanced at the clock, 3:15 am. "Alright, i think I should let you sleep too" he chuckled quietly, not wanting to wake up s. "Goodnight baby, sweet dreams." I smiled, "Goodnight oppa."

 

5/14/12